jamiereid_wow@hotmail.co.uk

Anyone else having trouble finding a PS0-1 scope in the past week?

So for the past 5 days I have been doing military barracks straight runs from the prision island all the way to base above of Troitskoe at the far north of the map. Thats a total of 13 barracks checked per run; a decent amount of which I am the first person to loot. Sometimes I do this run twice or even three times per day; and have yet to find a PS0-1 scope in the past 5 days.

Please note I check under every the beds every time. I also try to find the time to check the downed russian crash sites since they are static at the moment; its to my advantage to do so.

Anyone else having problems finding the scope or do they spawn in areas other than military barracks or the russian chopper wrecks?

Edited by Chiefo69

I cannot find:

An AKM

Any AK mags that are not ruined

PSO-1 scope

AK rail handguard

Any Heli crash with actual heli crash loot

Every single police station, police car, firehouse, and military base on the public 1PP hive is picked clean. I'm almost sure of it.

I found two.

One was on an AKM held by a guy who I killed in a car crash (we both died, I made it first to the site)/

Second was on an AKM that someone hid inside a bush.

Haven't seen a single one of those lately. In the last patch they used to spawn like crazy on the porch of that low square building. Now only civilian loot spawns there. I used to find more magazines and scopes inside the barracks. I think they were there originally, but they never properly respawned. Only Makarov mags seem to respawn plenty, but that's no news. Probably the best thing to carry is a shotgun right now. You never run out of ammo and there are always some shells lying around. I just collect ammo for my M4, and I use the pistol in the meantime. I found 2 CR75 since the last patch, one just today. And I have three mags in total, but I've been carrying them for weeks. We were lucky enough to bring some mags over from the last patch. Without those I'd probably be completely out of anything to shoot with, except a shottie. 

On the private server I am on, there is nothing, mostly everywhere. After running the entire map over the weekend, finding only junk and food, I decided to jump on my public character and the first server I stopped in at had lootsplosion in the barracks south of NW airfield. There were ak74's everywhere, 1 akm and a couple mags and a pristine pso-1 scope on the top bunk. I have never seen a scope under the beds. The only thing good I have found under there was 75 round mag. The loot for the crashed helicopters is usually not near the helicopters at this time. Last crash site I was at the loot was a good 100 feet away from the crash. I think it might be that the loot is in the same place and the crash is moving around. ??

I have foud 3 pso1 scopes and half a dozen 75 rd ak mags but this was early last week and it was on servers that were loading up. All were found in the vybor MB.   Nothing of that significance lately in that area . I did get lucky and find 3 protector cases in the NWAF fire station today.

I believe most of the current scarcity is because of lootsplosions. It's screwing with everything, everywhere because item limits are being reached in a bugged way.

I have 2 damaged ones from a glitched spawn and literally nothing else. Not playing on that character until I get a friend to help me out

I cant even bring myself to find the DayZ.exe these days, never mind a scope. I have been sitting on this investment for what feels like YEARS.. when is Beta? I'd like to participate in that before I get arthritic fingers. 

Man I'm grumpy today.