Sign in to follow this  
nexdemise

Where do you guys find LRSs these days?

I went through half the map on a server that seemingly springed into existence today (food, especially peaches everywhere I looked).

I went through Dubrovka, Gorka, Novy Sobor, Stary Sobor, Kabanino, Vybor, and Lopatino. I didn't find one, I didn't even see a single PU Scope.

I looked at pubs, single story yellow houses, 2 story smaller green houses, and garages.

Where should I look?

Edited by NexDemise

Found a damaged one in the house that has the big storage room with the shelving units along the walls like a garage.

nex i will keep my eyes open for 1 just let me know if its 1pp or 3pp.

The new camp areas that have 2-story lodges are a good place to look right now.

I have a spare if your willing to meet me to trade it.

Let me know when you find one. I'll get mine off your fresh warm corpse. Mwuaaa ha ha ha...

... no but seriously I typically find them in the houses with the resturant and bar or certain houses with the bookcase and green couches.

Well the good news is there is a new universal scope popping up soon for allot of the rifles that currently don't use it. Once that gets put in it will take allot of stress from ppl trying to find PU and Long Range scopes all the time.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/224486-twitter-chris-oh-snap-we-just-got-a-single-scope-model-to-work-on-the-blaze-win-70-sporter-cr527-pics-to-follow/Looks like those CR527'S and Sporter's are going to be allot more valuable for survivors to have.

i often found LRS in 3 story buildings with the blue door and schools, in addition to the places mentionned before. try severograd, that's my town when i need a LRS, you'll have a good chance to find one there ;)

ps : i hope the IZH18 will take a scope too

Edited by Zboub le météor

It is going to be a good day when the central loot economy means there is no answer to that question.

When you can't look for a specific item and it is completely up to chance and luck.

• Like 3

They spawn anywhere really, mostly find them in garages though, but found one in a workshop in Polana last night (the buildings with the blue shutter and the work benches inside).

It is going to be a good day when the central loot economy means there is no answer to that question.

When you can't look for a specific item and it is completely up to chance and luck.

BUT hunting lodges should hold hunting gear! 

BUT hunting lodges should hold hunting gear! 

Age old question really. Should items spawn logically, or randomly? I haven't seen a definitive answer from the developers on this. I'm hoping for logic, but I will probably adapt either way. If they end up making military bases useless, I think the game loses more than it gains.

It's a gonna be a bad day when we're all be playing apple picking simulator 2013 because socialized loot economy will leave most servers completely empty. Also from the little stunt with the CLE you can tell that stuff doesn't spawn randomly there either. The first week where you could find a Smersh Vest in an outhouse was a massive bug, was acknowledged as such, and was patched. The next week when they hoxfixed it - you would find the same kind of loot in the same buildings, although much much rarer (since nothing respawned ever).

So far when it comes to loot spawning devs have shown that they do not know what they are doing. They should keep that garbage in experimental until they are sure it works, otherwise with every update we'll have 2 weeks where no one plays this game. More loot dispersion - sure, as long as there actually is loot.

The last place I found one was the house that has nothing but a cabinet inside the door to the right and then stairs up to a small living room and 2 doors with small rooms, the first door on the right has a desk and a cabinet and the scope was inside the cabinet on the shelf. I couldn't believe my eyes because I have never seen anything in that room but a pair of shorts on the floor. it was pristine and I was very happy.

Found two pristine in the green house with the long window front and the combined kitchen and living room. The one without a sleeping place, but the big sofa.

It's a gonna be a bad day when we're all be playing apple picking simulator 2013

It cant be worse than Tea Party Simulator 2015 though! =^.^=

Find most of mine on guys I take out in Kami :p

But in all seriousness, mostly find them on roofs of industrials buildings these days.

I generally look on top of sniper towers at NWAF when there are lootsplosions

Because of the new central economy and persistance systems, stuff like this spawns all over the place now. Ive searched 3 bases and airstrips and not found one, just to find 3 in an apartment building later.

Because of the new central economy and persistance systems, stuff like this spawns all over the place now. Ive searched 3 bases and airstrips and not found one, just to find 3 in an apartment building later.

Thats how it should be imo.

Loot should be random enough that you can never go into a building and know what to expect. Everything will hopefully be a surprise.

Thats how it should be imo.

Loot should be random enough that you can never go into a building and know what to expect. Everything will hopefully be a surprise.

And I still feel the exact opposite. The question is how do the dev's feel it should be...I don't mind some things being random, but if I have the same chance of finding an AKM in a remote outhouse compared to a large military base, it just seems like the game will lose a lot of what makes it fun(hotspots). 

And I still feel the exact opposite. The question is how do the dev's feel it should be...I don't mind some things being random, but if I have the same chance of finding an AKM in a remote outhouse compared to a large military base, it just seems like the game will lose a lot of what makes it fun(hotspots). 

I feel it will be quite the opposite as anywhere in the map can be a hotspot.

Not only that but hotspots will dynamically change as the community starts to discover where certain items are or not.

I feel it will be quite the opposite as anywhere in the map can be a hotspot.

Not only that but hotspots will dynamically change as the community starts to discover where certain items are or not.

I don't understand what you mean. If it is truly random as you suspect/desire, then there won't be ANY hotspots, as everyone can just avoid every other person while looking at outhouses and remote deer stands. The buildings and barracks that attract people now would become useless. I think it would hurt the game in a major way, but I also understand that some players want the playerbase to drop by 90%, and this would be a good move to help drop the active amount of players.