Excanto

My Army Tent

So last night was an update or whatever and I'm wondering if my army tent will be gone when I get home tonight? I only had food/drink and repair kits and some cartridges in the tent, but still, I love that tent. (crosses fingers)

It will be there for you bro :)

I can relate to that. I love that tent too. Wish I had one again.

• Like 1

I would love to do some testing in that tent some time, close the windows and door and let people shoot at me. :-D See if I can shoot out the windows at people.

I would love to do some testing in that tent some time, close the windows and door and let people shoot at me. :-D See if I can shoot out the windows at people.

You can shoot in/out the windows if they are open once the tent has rendered - But the tent only renders 200 - 300m away, if you are further than this you can shoot anyone inside the tent without hitting anything but the player unfortunately

• Like 1

Why can't i i find just one fresh spawned tent or fireaxe anymore????? 

I found two blue tents a few days ago and I was stoked. It was the first time I've ever found a tent (two tents no less!) after playing DayZ since late 2013. Unfortunately I had other pressing matters so I didn't take them with me. What does the military tent look like and where can you find them? Do they hold more items then the little blue tents?

• Like 1

It looks like the standard green rectangle tent package like they have at K-Mart. It sits on the ground and looks about 3 feet long and 12 inches high and wide rectangle. The player tent stands end up in a very abnormal balancing act, the army tent sits on the ground normal and I have only seen it in the half dome building with the rows of cots in the military tent clusters like the one way out west and the one at nw airfield. The tent is big like a family tent that you can walk into, it has windows and a door you can open and close. It has a crap load of room, but I'm told it has more then it currently shows because the slider doesn't work to go down further. It is tree green so it really hides well, even though it is huge. :-D Luck!

Oh also it says it protects you from the elements while inside. :-D

Oh lol, the most important thing is that it takes the place of your backpack, so you really have to want it! Since you have to go hide your backpack somewhere, put on the tent and run way off somewhere in the middle of nowhere, where you can find easily again, setup the tent and run back and get your backpack. :-)

Edited by Excanto

Why can't i i find just one fresh spawned tent or fireaxe anymore????? 

When the patch first came out .55 tents were everywhere. They are probably back in the old .54 location now, rare and in the apartments. Axes seem to be in the fire station still, but ya all I find is damaged ones.

Edited by Excanto

It looks like the standard green rectangle tent package like they have at K-Mart. It sits on the ground and looks about 3 feet long and 12 inches high and wide rectangle. The player tent stands end up in a very abnormal balancing act, the army tent sits on the ground normal and I have only seen it in the half dome building with the rows of cots in the military tent clusters like the one way out west and the one at nw airfield. The tent is big like a family tent that you can walk into, it has windows and a door you can open and close. It has a crap load of room, but I'm told it has more then it currently shows because the slider doesn't work to go down further. It is tree green so it really hides well, even though it is huge. :-D Luck!

Oh also it says it protects you from the elements while inside. :-D

Oh lol, the most important thing is that it takes the place of your backpack, so you really have to want it! Since you have to go hide your backpack somewhere, put on the tent and run way off somewhere in the middle of nowhere, where you can find easily again, setup the tent and run back and get your backpack. :-)

Thanks for the advice on where to find the military tent.

I'm curious, on Wednesdays do we just pack the tent up and then simply leave it on the ground? Or do we have to literally log out of the game while holding the tent in our hands, so as not to lose it during maintainanace?

Just found one yesterday in tent city (all the way out west)

I'm curious, on Wednesdays do we just pack the tent up and then simply leave it on the ground? Or do we have to literally log out of the game while holding the tent in our hands, so as not to lose it during maintainanace?

Persistence wipes are no longer part of wednesday maintenence, so your tents will be fine

• Like 1

We should be good, but always watch the notes from the dev's on updates, because they might suddenly say differently. FYI that big tent can't be held in hands. I was very very glad to see it Wednesday night when I got home from work. :-O

• Like 1

yep, found tent in the quanset hut barracks at NWAF.

Found 2 in the tent city officer's barracks and one in the nwaf one on the now defunct private I was playing on.

...the now defunct private I was playing on.

Still wondering if that's ever gonna fix.  Kinda harsh game, having to put in the time, only to have a server disappear.

Still wondering if that's ever gonna fix.  Kinda harsh game, having to put in the time, only to have a server disappear.

I've taken the don't get attached to your loot to heart. The funny thing was it was right after the .55 hotfix back to .54 loot and in 3 hours I had a three tent camp, a truck, a weeks worth of canned goods, multiple full sets of gorka (helmets and all) and an SKS with over 100 rds.

• Like 1

I've taken the don't get attached to your loot to heart. The funny thing was it was right after the .55 hotfix back to .54 loot and in 3 hours I had a three tent camp, a truck, a weeks worth of canned goods, multiple full sets of gorka (helmets and all) and an SKS with over 100 rds.

Stil, persistence does no good when server dies. But at least bag drops and tents live for a couple weeks if server stays up.

We should be good, but always watch the notes from the dev's on updates, because they might suddenly say differently. FYI that big tent can't be held in hands. I was very very glad to see it Wednesday night when I got home from work. :-O

So how do you take it with you then?

On public, you can empty your normal tent and put it in your backpack or carry it in your hand and then log into a different server and place the tent. The Military Tent is so big that you would have to empty it and put it on in place of your backpack and log into a different server, then come back to the first server and get your backpack, gasp, too much work. On a private server, you are on just that one server and can not take your gear or character anywhere, you must stay on the one server and when that server vanishes, so does everything. I have seen a server drop from my favorites list as blah blah server 1 and come on as blah blah server 2 and my character gear remained but my camp vanished. I'm still not sure how they do that or if someone just found my camp and they changed the server name?

You'll have to swap your backpack for it.

• Like 1

The big tent to pack it up you wear it as a backpack but you're limited to what fits in your shoulder slots (gun melee) and pockets.

The big tent to pack it up you wear it as a backpack but you're limited to what fits in your shoulder slots (gun melee) and pockets.

I've had my first experience of this recently. It's a little nerve wracking at first, so I take the high value items out of my backpack and put them in my vest/clothing just in case. Backpacks seem to last persist well, at least over a single restart or two. I feel pretty confident about it these days and have my second-ever camp going with two mil tents. That's 500 (or more?) inventory slots... :)

Hi guyz just to show us camp :P

We make this camp after 8 days .... but we finaly get it :) yeahhh

1345012015042300003.jpg

Edited by cedrico85

You'll have to swap your backpack for it.

So basically you empty all your gear into the tent and ditch your backpack huh? Hmm...that's pretty interesting.

One more question, those tents look like what I see in the tent cities near military bases or the one out west. How do I distinguish between a regular military tent and one I can actually pick up? I wonder how many of them I've missed by not paying attention?

Edited by Schweinsteiger