Munson_fry (DayZ)

choppers or bicycles ?

Whats more im importand to realistic gameplay  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want first ???

• Choppers
    • Bicycles

as far as i read in the Q&A

("Q. @AppleNutOfficia: Any chance there'll be motorbikes and bicycles in DayZ one day?

A. Not sure. If yes, than don't expect them anytime soon".) 

we will have choppers before we will have bicycles, witch, 

in my humble opinion, is "utter bullshit ! " 

so how do the usual suspects see this ?

Edited by Munson_fry
  • Like 1

So the 2 wheeled vehicles have a hard time sticking to the map so to speak, and are super duper glitchy.

thats why they started out with a 10 wheeled vehicle, the V3S.

It doesn't really matter which we get first, does it? Assuming do get both.

If we don't get bikes, it'll be because of game limitations not design decisions, I would have thought. It doesn't make sense to conclude that DayZ needs helicopters more than it needs bikes, from a gameplay perspective; but in terms of dev time to make bikes work properly, it might.

But yeah, the order in which features are added to the Alpha doesn't really matter, as it doesn't necessarily correlate with their importance to the game.

dont get me wrong but right now, running through chenarus, feels like sitting on a bike at 30km/h so i dont really get the problem implementing it.

( i dont see the need of jumping BMX style arround annyway, if that would cause any problems ) 

is there a IT neerd arround that could enlighten me PLZ!

So the 2 wheeled vehicles have a hard time sticking to the map so to speak, and are super duper glitchy.

thats why they started out with a 10 wheeled vehicle, the V3S.

Having seen some weird behavior and changes in the traction of the v3s this makes allot of sense. I'd love to see a 125cc enduro of some sort, my all purpose vehicle of choice IRL. The either slippery or stuck like glue traction on the ground regardless of what the surface looks like makes me believe a helicopter would be easier to implement first.

Choppers make more sense from a mechanical and development point of view. Bicycles make more sense as "extras" - and those do not have any priority.

Really for a post apocalyptic survival simulator a wheelbarrow makes more sense than a chopper. I'm pretty sure it a game engine limitation deciding which comes first.

• Like 1

Give me my damn bicycle! XD

Iv been waiting long enough for one! :O

• Like 1

is there a IT neerd arround that could enlighten me PLZ!

Not sure if im nerdy enough to answer, but still - the problem is that live characters and vehicles use different ways to calculate their movement

Problems or not. 

Bicycles are the answer to most of our travel needs and should play a big role in DAYZ. They are sthealty, common, easy to repair, easy to hide ect, they dont need fuel i could go on.......

so plz devs u want a game thats hard and unforgiving? quit choppers and go by bike!

• Like 1

I loved the bikes in the mod - like when you went downhill so fast your steering went to shit. What I didn't like was that nobody could hear it when I pinged the little bell to get the fuck out the way.

Well as long as there will be both I'm okay, but I'm not okay with the idea of having no bicycles or motorcycles in the game - and there should be motorcycles with sidecars too. Sidecars definitely belong to post apocalyptic world, no?

Well as long as there will be both I'm okay, but I'm not okay with the idea of having no bicycles or motorcycles in the game - and there should be motorcycles with sidecars too. Sidecars definitely belong to post apocalyptic world, no?

3560WaffenSS.jpg

let the zombies hunt this ! 

or this !

Weltneuheit-Fahrrad-mit-Seitenwagen_Arti

Edited by Munson_fry
  • Like 1

What about the rail hand car? Surely its physics should be quite simple, shouldn't it?

Why exactly is the bike so hard to implement?

Jeah im looking forward to hellfire the shit out of those Zombie Hords out of my

A10 warthog

Irony Mode off

Edited by Munson_fry

let the zombies hunt this ! 

Maybe using the wrench we could attach those heli miniguns to a sidecar...