Sign in to follow this  
stielhandgranate

Arming a zombie with a rock or bludgeoning weapon?

Seeing how zombies are infected with some type of hyper aggression disease, I think a class of zombie clutching rocks or melee weapons like wrenches or knifes would be an interesting thought that could be visited. It would diversify the types of enemies besides the the standard zombies and the suspended hopper. Some players could try to pick a fight with a zombie to recover it's weapon.

There are cases of monkeys using simple tools like sticks and rocks so it may not be far fetched to see diseased human that turns them into feral animals using something to assist them when attacking someone or something. Of course arming zombies with a firearm or mechanical object is out of the question and they should be a minority in a cast of enemies. It would at least justify item and clothing damage better.

Seeing how zombies are infected with some type of hyper aggression disease, I think a class of zombie clutching rocks or melee weapons like wrenches or knifes would be an interesting thought that could be visited. It would diversify the types of enemies besides the the standard zombies and the suspended hopper. Some players could try to pick a fight with a zombie to recover it's weapon.

There are cases of monkeys using simple tools like sticks and rocks so it may not be far fetched to see diseased human that turns them into feral animals using something to assist them when attacking someone or something. Of course arming zombies with a firearm or mechanical object is out of the question and they should be a minority in a cast of enemies. It would at least justify item and clothing damage better.

They are essentially animalistic, and "animalistic" in this case means "no higher brain functions at all." Shit, they can't even climb ladders, meaning they lack the brain functions to grip with their fingers and the coordination to move hands and feet together. They probably lack the ability to grip things, which is why they beat the shit out of you in-game, vs grappling you to the ground

Monkeys and such are actually rather intelligent. Makes sense, we belong to the same family.

I wouldnt be so sure about them not being able to climb ladders in the future.....they could in the mod.

Theres plenty of animals basically smarter then humans (some anyways), crows for example can do complicated tasks and use tools, just one example - 

Theres plenty of animals basically smarter then humans (some anyways), crows for example can do complicated tasks and use tools, just one example - 

No animal is smarted than a mentally healthy human being.

OT:

instead of arming zombies with weapons, how about putting in some human AI military patrols spread over the map.

I liked the AI heli's in the mod.

Edited by Dennus
  • Like 1

I like it , even if they can't use the weapon it would still look pretty cool. Like the Zombies in the Dayz Mod Origins (i think it was Origins) , where one type of zombie is dragging around an ax. And to Dennus post above me , They should totally have a swarm of military zombies at the crash sites. It would make it alot harder to get that delicious gear.

Consensus would be that zombies are not "using" blunt weapons but they are attached to their arms because of accidents. E.g. plank with nails that went through zombie`s arm, barbed wire around fist etc. Of course holding a stone is not a big deal, even for animals. Dayz zombies are still humans, their brain is functioning(??).

Edited by neobit