gannon46

so much for the struggle

I for one cannot wait for 0.56 to roll out.

Yeah? Really?

Multiply that by 15 and you'll know how we feel.

;-)

I can't wait for .56 either. My son and I started playing on public and the mil bases are a joke. We found 3 servers without ping kick and looted nwaf one end to another 2 servers had nothing but boots clothes and if we were lucky a makarov mag, the third was packed but already worked over for anything good. I watched the player list all day and one or a few clan members hop in for fifteen minutes and hop off, wonder why they do that on relatively low pop servers? Lok, jk they're ghosting in grabbing any thing good and fucking off back to where they play. I can't see how hotspots ate going to work for us playing dayz and those playing loot up for group peeveepee.

• Like 2

Yeah? Really?

Multiply that by 15 and you'll know how we feel.

;-)

I seriously doubt that, I don't think anyone out there is as eager for the next stable branch update than I.

After all, DayZ is quite -literally- my entire life.

• Like 1

Bwahaha, yeah, I quit playing once central econ was disabled. Once I got a taste I don't want anything else. Hopefully all items will be configured?!?

Edited by Coheed_IV

I seriously doubt that, I don't think anyone out there is as eager for the next stable branch update than I.

ok... but some people live Only for dayz.. so there's that.

I can't wait for .56 either. My son and I started playing on public and the mil bases are a joke. We found 3 servers without ping kick and looted nwaf one end to another 2 servers had nothing but boots clothes and if we were lucky a makarov mag, the third was packed but already worked over for anything good. I watched the player list all day and one or a few clan members hop in for fifteen minutes and hop off, wonder why they do that on relatively low pop servers? Lok, jk they're ghosting in grabbing any thing good and fucking off back to where they play. I can't see how hotspots ate going to work for us playing dayz and those playing loot up for group peeveepee.

It's weird because it's almost like you were doing the exact same thing that you seem to be complaining about.

It's weird because it's almost like you were doing the exact same thing that you seem to be complaining about.

Thought about how that was poorly worded after. We have s camp 2 clicks away, entered the hot zone from there, looted, returned to camp, switched servers at camp. Teaching my boy not to take the easy way.

Thought about how that was poorly worded after. We have s camp 2 clicks away, entered the hot zone from there, looted, returned to camp, switched servers at camp. Teaching my boy not to take the easy way.

To be perfectly honest, even I have been forced to do a bit of server hopping and I think the practice is the bane of the public hive. But after playing for over a week and not finding anything but civilian weapons and an AKS-74U with no mags, I was forced to go to another one. Eventually, I just decided to rent my own server so at least I can still play while I'm waiting for 0.56. I tried to go back and play BF4 again but I just can't do it anymore. 

To be perfectly honest, even I have been forced to do a bit of server hopping and I think the practice is the bane of the public hive. But after playing for over a week and not finding anything but civilian weapons and an AKS-74U with no mags, I was forced to go to another one. Eventually, I just decided to rent my own server so at least I can still play while I'm waiting for 0.56. I tried to go back and play BF4 again but I just can't do it anymore.

I did a fair bit of hopping relatively early in my day "career" but could tell the game would get stale fast and just plain felt dirty. What I was getting at was my son and I played eight hours before momma wanted her laptop back and it flee by and was a blast. We still should have had a chance of finding an ak mag or something cool but that stuff gets taken out of "our" game by someone playing another. I get the whole all play styles are valid but jumping dimensions in one building to fuck the RNG into giving you the best gear and kosing anyone who you ghost in behind while doing it us weak.

• Like 2

I get the whole all play styles are valid but jumping dimensions in one building to fuck the RNG into giving you the best gear and kosing anyone who you ghost in behind while doing it us weak.

I could not agree more.

You can see whats going on in internal build, we are totaly in dark.

Give us some spoilers, teasers, sneak peak...whatever you call it!!

I did a fair bit of hopping relatively early in my day "career" but could tell the game would get stale fast and just plain felt dirty. What I was getting at was my son and I played eight hours before momma wanted her laptop back and it flee by and was a blast. We still should have had a chance of finding an ak mag or something cool but that stuff gets taken out of "our" game by someone playing another. I get the whole all play styles are valid but jumping dimensions in one building to fuck the RNG into giving you the best gear and kosing anyone who you ghost in behind while doing it us weak.

IMO you should  play a single player mod then 

Server hopping is fundamental to DayZ it adds to the suspense of looting a military base with the paranoia of being shot at anytime removed this game it loses one of its biggest appeals

because i could just check my band width and know im ticketty boo to trawl the NW without and dramas  knowing hoppers could drop in anytime i  still have to use a bit of caution 

Simply go to private server that is what they are for . With out the ability to server hop you would not have clans or group play if no one could group up .Without clans you would not have people paying for servers . 

If you do not want things taken out of your "game" just play on a private you are still going to be pissed when you Raid a mil base and its empty but at least you can have a moral victory knowing it was not taken buy a hopper .

Server hopping is fundamental to DayZ it adds to the suspense of looting a military base with the paranoia of being shot at anytime removed this game it loses one of its biggest appeals

because i could just check my band width and know im ticketty boo to trawl the NW without and dramas  knowing hoppers could drop in anytime i  still have to use a bit of caution 

Simply go to private server that is what they are for . With out the ability to server hop you would not have clans or group play if no one could group up .Without clans you would not have people paying for servers . 

If you do not want things taken out of your "game" just play on a private you are still going to be pissed when you Raid a mil base and its empty but at least you can have a moral victory knowing it was not taken buy a hopper .

You're entitled to your opinion but I disagree. I'm fine with the danger of being in a hotzone on a high or low pop server If we clear our approach and keep looking for other parties entering the area and miss something and get whacked that's one thing. If we clear a tent or building and someone ghosts into it right after behind us that's very immersion breaking. One time I made a run an hour from camp to Vybor barracks cleared one building was just turning into the second and caught something out of the corner of my and got smoked by someone leaving the same building I just left, no way he entered the camp any other way than hopping and the little squeaker laughed about it, that is weak.  I get that clans rent servers but some not all go on other servers clear all the good loot spots like heli crashes after a wipe or ghost form one barracks building to the same building over and over again to get multiple ak mags etc taking it back to their rented server. Us people playing as intended are ecstatic to find a gun of any sort and the correct ammo because it's an apocalypse sim not a military sim. I didn't say I was pissed I just think that type of play is better suited to other games and really a waste of all our time.  

• Like 4

It isn't "directly" caused by shock, but the things that can cause blurry vision and loss of color (pupil dilation, anxiety and hyperventilation, although "loss of color vision" is a tad bit more serious) are, in turn, symptoms of shock.

I know a kid in my Scout Troop that accidentally stabbed himself in the thigh with a knife. On the way to the hospital, he told us he could barely see anything, which freaked him out even more.

Just wondered as in my work I occasionally have to deal with injuries. Just wanted to know if there was a link to loss of color vision and shock as I couldn't find anything.

Server hopping is fundamental to DayZ

LO fucking L. How has no one called this guy out on this? I've read a lot posts of people trying to justify server hopping and you sir, take the cake. That was the worst one to date.

• Like 3

This wait and current build deserve an "old school" music tie in post.....

(We're skipping experimental altogether.

Part of me thinks this is possibru.)

I imagine the struggle in DayZ to be as brutal as this song and all the names of the people who contributed and left will be carved upon the.....

http://youtu.be/JGD_O016yWg

LO fucking L. How has no one called this guy out on this? I've read a lot posts of people trying to justify server hopping and you sir, take the cake. That was the worst one to date.

Server hopping is fundamental to DayZ 

I'll bite.  Server hopping is fundamental to DayZ in the sense that Rocket's vision had included clans having to leave their home servers to find elusive rare items that the CLI could not gurantee one to be on each and every server.  I think helicopter parts was the example he used in that sense.

Server hopping the same building for the purpose of high-grade loot stockpiling is not in the spirit of the game.  Plenty of people have explained how this negatively impacts players who are LEGITIMATELY playing the game; you know, running aroung the map, looking for things, putting in the time.

If someone wants to spend hours jumping through servers and checking one or two, or even four barracks to find automatic weapons and magazines, I begin to wonder if some people are just too stupid to realize that thier tastes would be better suited by a game where one can choose their own starting loadout.

• Like 3

I'll bite.  Server hopping is fundamental to DayZ in the sense that Rocket's vision had included clans having to leave their home servers to find elusive rare items that the CLI could not gurantee one to be on each and every server.  I think helicopter parts was the example he used in that sense.

Server hopping the same building for the purpose of high-grade loot stockpiling is not in the spirit of the game.  Plenty of people have explained how this negatively impacts players who are LEGITIMATELY playing the game; you know, running aroung the map, looking for things, putting in the time.

If someone wants to spend hours jumping through servers and checking one or two, or even four barracks to find automatic weapons and magazines, I begin to wonder if some people are just too stupid to realize that thier tastes would be better suited by a game where one can choose their own starting loadout.

Well put 

And yet here you are still playing the same game aware of  its history of hackers kos and sever hopping/ghosting since long before SA 

I bet you are the type of person that changes servers once it gets dark or trawls the NW and hops if its empty if people were so against server hopping why did the reload bug on entry get removed and why did the sometimes up to 5 minute timer get lowered ?

It was no justification it was a fact  this might come as a shock but not every one server hops some people just accept it as something that happens just like we accept all the other things that piss us off in this game but yet here we are still playing it instead of bitching about something offer up a solution as stated before the reload bug on login was perfect 

In that regard rockets vision was fundamentally flawed. I wouldn't be surprised if this is precisely what he meant when he used those words.

The reason that people & clans server hop (or worse, have a "gearing up server" they guard jealously and kick non-members) through NWAF and Vybor base rather than just playing ARMA3 is because in ARMA3, teams of well armed and equipped players engage each other on level footing, this isn't what the typical server hopping individual or clan wants, if people wanted to engage other geared up players in organized groups we'd see different play styles than we currently do. What these people WANT is to get geared through whatever means is fastest, nefarious or not and then head back to the starter towns to "PvP" with the unarmed or under-armed & disorganized fresh spawns.

I believe they want to do that for two reasons: The troll or spoiler mentality, where the most fun a person can conceive of having in a given situation is the satisfaction of ruining somebody elses enjoyment or because they simply wouldn't win the majority of engagements with equally well equipped players with similar numbers.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit
  • Like 2

In that regard rockets vision was fundamentally flawed. I wouldn't be surprised if this is precisely what he meant when he used those words.

The reason that people & clans server hop (or worse, have a "gearing up server" they guard jealously and kick non-members) through NWAF and Vybor base rather than just playing ARMA3 is because in ARMA3, teams of well armed and equipped players engage each other on level footing, this isn't what the typical server hopping individual or clan wants, if people wanted to engage other geared up players in organized groups we'd see different play styles than we currently do. What these people WANT is to get geared through whatever means is fastest, nefarious or not and then head back to the starter towns to "PvP" with the unarmed or under-armed & disorganized fresh spawns.

I believe they want to do that for two reasons: The troll or spoiler mentality, where the most fun a person can conceive of having in a given situation is the satisfaction of ruining somebody elses enjoyment or because they simply wouldn't win the majority of engagements with equally well equipped players with similar numbers.

That like the four geared guys who watched me take down three zeds with a fire axe then zipped me with their m4s at range as I was transitioning to hands up. One bragging about how he shot me right in the mouth, good kill guys. I bet that made them feel like they accomplished something.

• Like 1

Heres the justification for server hopping in .55:

Some servers were actually broke, and had no loot, so you had to server hop until you found a working one so you could play the game.

Private servers really are the solution for all the server hopper complaints. Is there a reason why all you folks don't play in them?

All play styles are legitimate. Server hopping might be cheap but it's still legitimate and private servers are readily available to offer a server hopping/ghosting safe haven.

Complaining because someone shot you is a tad redundant. This is the apocalypse. Nice people are very few and far between and it's futile to try to impose some form of moral code on other players.

If you want to avoid the nastier element of this game, stay in the boonies and don't covet military gear. It's pretty much that simple.

• Like 1

Private servers really are the solution for all the server hopper complaints. Is there a reason why all you folks don't play in them?

All play styles are legitimate. Server hopping might be cheap but it's still legitimate and private servers are readily available to offer a server hopping/ghosting safe haven.

Complaining because someone shot you is a tad redundant. This is the apocalypse. Nice people are very few and far between and it's futile to try to impose some form of moral code on other players.

If you want to avoid the nastier element of this game, stay in the boonies and don't covet military gear. It's pretty much that simple.

All play styles are not legitimate or we'd have no need for battle-eye. Dupping and server hopping are hopefully high on the developers list of things to resolve and I'll be glad to see the back of them, despite the fact that directly targeting these players by ambushing them on low-pop servers at high value locations is one of my prefered methods of getting rarer pieces of gear.

Secondly, you mistake me for someone who complains when he dies, usually I'd congratulate someone on besting me and more often than not my deaths are the results of mistakes on my own part such as missing a critical opening shot or taking follow up shots too rapidly and without repositioning. I'm still de-training some of my more aggressive tendencies, however rest assured I do give a pretty good account of myself even when outnumbered & outgunned.

Due to my play style, on the majority of lives I am forced to hunt and kill people on a regular basis, both on private and public hives. However, I have always obtained my gear in legitimate ways either by killing other players and taking it from them or by searching it out myself without the use of underhanded tactics.