Sign in to follow this  
HomerJay27

Kashtan C-1, PSO-1 and iron sights

As you might know the Kashtan C-1 scope W.I.P model was recently shown:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/224053-trello-chris-kashtan-c-1-preview/

In the same post it is stated that due to ballistics issues the VSS Vintorez and SVD sniper rifles will spawn with the PSO-1 scope attached.

My question to the devs: Will we be able to use the iron sights of these rifles like co wittnessing them with the scope attached or detach the scope?

Edited by HomerJay27

As you might know the Kashtan C-1 scope W.I.P model was recently shown:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/224053-trello-chris-kashtan-c-1-preview/

In the same post it is stated that due to ballistics issues the VSS Vintorez and SVD sniper rifles will spawn with the PSO-1 scope attached.

My question to the devs: Will we be able to use the iron sights of these rifles like co wittnessing them with the scope attached or detach the scope?

Probably not, as from what it seems the VSS will spawn with a PSO-1 meant for 9x39mm ammunition while the SVD's will be used for 7.62x54mmR.

This scope is probably being made so all of the AKs still have a scope you can use on them, although personally I wish they had gone with another solution so the PSO-1 could be used on future weapons like the RPK and whatnot, but this is likely how it will end up.

Good move.

PSO optics elevation adjustments would not work with 7.62x39 or 5.45x39 the pso is weapon specific and having them only spawn on the SVD and VSS with their respective reticle and elevation adjustments is a big boost to realism and gameplay.

AK weapons receiving AK specific optics is great.

Why another scope, a KOBRA green dot sight would be just fine.

WWVJ9f9.jpg

It is low magnification about 2x so it will function very similar to the kobra.

• Like 1

I don't understand why can't there be various variants of the PSO zeroed for specific calibers. It's not like in real life you would only find what you need right of the bat.

I don't understand why can't there be various variants of the PSO zeroed for specific calibers. It's not like in real life you would only find what you need right of the bat.

Yes and if you think about it, the new sniper rifles are pretty strong even without scopes. I mean the SVD is basicly like if the SKS would shoot 7.62x54r. 

If you can kill peole with a Mosin or SKS, you can definitivly kill people with a SVD or VSS, with or without scope.

And IMO it wouldn't hurt the game if you have to do some searching if you want a semi-auto sniper.

Yes and if you think about it, the new sniper rifles are pretty strong even without scopes. I mean the SVD is basicly like if the SKS would shoot 7.62x54r. 

If you can kill peole with a Mosin or SKS, you can definitivly kill people with a SVD or VSS, with or without scope.

And IMO it wouldn't hurt the game if you have to do some searching if you want a semi-auto sniper.

Yet it would be unrealistic as these weapons are both not issued without optics. It would be like issuing an m40a3 or an m24 with irons.

The change was good, not only will it clean up the spawns it is based on reality.

It's my understanding that these scopes will spawn with the weapon, but are still attachments that can be switched out. Right? 

(so you can still use ironsights)

Yet it would be unrealistic as these weapons are both not issued without optics. It would be like issuing an m40a3 or an m24 with irons.

The change was good, not only will it clean up the spawns it is based on reality.

Well, no, it wouldn't.

The VSS and SVD come with irons. The M40A3/5 doesn't.

ukraine_sep_wide-b67adf122fce6bc73fcaa21

Svdk.jpg

SVD_Captured_Iraqi_B.jpg

It's not any more "unrealistic" to have an SVD or VSS spawning without an optic. It's just "less likely" because, typically, they're issued with optics.

That said, what they've done is a good compromise.

Edited by Katana67

Sounds like all existing pso scopes are going to be nuked then? Or will they be unicorns?

Sounds like all existing pso scopes are going to be nuked then? Or will they be unicorns?

They will probably be wiped eventually. Wipes seem to happen randomly and without notice.