HarryPotter (DayZ)

So the way I read it was that the devs are going back to 0.54 loot system?

Just reading on the weekly status report....

"In an effort to mitigate the issue in the mean time, during the Wednesday maintenance period this week we will be switching servers over to the legacy placeholder loot spawning system. Unfortunately this means some of the newer items won't spawn, but it will keep the economies going until 0.56 hits stable branch."

Thoughts.........

If it means what I'm thinking it does it will make a lot of people happy.... I'd rather just keep the one we have now though??

• Like 1

At least we can find some much needed gear again that way. However that won't fix the problems with hunting and fileting fish. And what about the chopper crashes? Will they be legacy spawns again, too? I'm sick of driving past the choppers and nothing is there + I hate they always stay in the same location in 0.55. 

I think this isn't the worst move on the devs side, as we've had a glimpse of what the new system can do and most people embrace it. It's just not very practical in its current half-broken state ^^ I hope they can unbreak it and get it fixed sometime soon. I have no problem with the old loot spawn, it was just a bit too easy on the long run. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Just reading on the weekly status report....

"In an effort to mitigate the issue in the mean time, during the Wednesday maintenance period this week we will be switching servers over to the legacy placeholder loot spawning system. Unfortunately this means some of the newer items won't spawn, but it will keep the economies going until 0.56 hits stable branch."

Thoughts.........

If it means what I'm thinking it does it will make a lot of people happy.... I'd rather just keep the one we have now though??

I asked the same question in the thread. Would be interested to know.

stock up on rice!  and I can find a shotgun again

Edited by Red_Ensign

COOKING POTS :) yay

...it's so easy to make me happy. A week without cooking pot meant less campfire time for me and the boys. And we enjoy our campfire time a lot ^^

Edited by S3V3N

Status report made me sad, after one and half years devs still have to explain what alpha is for.

• Like 10

I definitely think the loot system and distro needs work in the sense of logical loot location. The Dev team has listened, understands, and it is a WIP. Isn't that what an alpha is all about. I appreciate that the Dev team is open to listening to the community on suggestions and problems. However, this community for the most part has sounded like a bunch of spoiled brats. ...the zombies are too easy and too few ...the zombies are too hard and too many ...the loot is too prevalent which is unrealistic ...the loot is too scarce and poorly distributed. Stop moaning and adapt

• Like 6

I definitely think the loot system and distro needs work in the sense of logical loot location. The Dev team has listened, understands, and it is a WIP. Isn't that what an alpha is all about. I appreciate that the Dev team is open to listening to the community on suggestions and problems. However, this community for the most part has sounded like a bunch of spoiled brats. ...the zombies are too easy and too few ...the zombies are too hard and too many ...the loot is too prevalent which is unrealistic ...the loot is too scarce and poorly distributed. Stop moaning and adapt

Kind of have to agree with you there mate... but I dont think the Devs should have back tracked on this

Edited by HarryPotter
  • Like 2

I love the scarcity personally, though I know it's a bit extreme.

I'm sad to hear that the mad dash to the log cabins and the military bases is on again and the rinse and repeat kids will probably be back at it on the coast but it's only for a few weeks while we work out the kinks in experimental (I hope).

• Like 1

question about servers... does bohemia make money off of the number of servers that are online? as in, if a bunch of servers start folding due to people leaving the bugged out servers....does that affect bohemia's income?

would it not stand to reason that they pretty much had to roll back to a more stable loot system in order to appease all the people who rent servers if everyone was dropping the bugged servers for more properly stable loot servers?

we don't need any loot, we should just craft everything and eat animals/players to survive.....

craft your own weapons, craft your own clothes, NO LOOT on the ground, just too darn easy picking crap up.

oh and the zeds need to shoot lasers beams out of their eyes at us, yeah..... if we're living more than 5 mins, it's obviously too easy.....right guys, right????

the speed induced mma zeds are great and all, but they just need to be more powerful (just slightly) and with lasers beams so they can kill us from 50 meters instead of only 20 meters away, think cyclops from xmen....mmmm, can already imagine the frustration fun!

/hardcore survivalist

• Like 3

I'm wondering if persistence will no longer be forced until .56. I don't want to drop my tent on my home server since it was normally persistence off.

Wow, the devs caved in to the bitching and whining.  I really hope this doesn't become a trend to dumbing down the game now.

• Like 11

Please leave the loot the way it is. Cook the fishguts and use an MP5 instead of a shotgun till .56 This is going to be a horrid step backwards if we go back to that 1 stop shopping in any barracks you enter. Argh... Just when i thought it was going on the right track were back to this. Every person on the planet armed to the hilt... Here we go again..

• Like 7

Good to see that the devs have listend and are retracting the current system until they work out the kinks. Forcing us to live off the land while breaking the involved systems and leaving a lot of servers as barren wastelands is not exactly the direction I'd like to see the game go.

Can't wait for it to come back as a non-horribly broken mess. Until then, you hardcore guys can make countless threads complaining about how you were the only ones who found enjoyment in server hopping till you managed to find loot (Didn't server hopping used to be frowned upon?)

Please leave the loot the way it is. Cook the fishguts and use an MP5 instead of a shotgun till .56 This is going to be a horrid step backwards if we go back to that 1 stop shopping in any barracks you enter. Argh... Just when i thought it was going on the right track were back to this. Every person on the planet armed to the hilt... Here we go again..

Hopefully only for a few weeks!

Can't wait for it to come back as a non-horribly broken mess. Until then, you hardcore guys can make countless threads complaining about how you were the only ones who found enjoyment in server hopping till you managed to find loot (Didn't server hopping used to be frowned upon?)

I must say I enjoy 0.55 more. Only play private and stopped server hopping after my first few days playing the game ;)

I honestly think the cooking system was the main reason this is happening.  After a little more advancement there we'll probably see scarcity again.

Two steps forward, one step back.  It happens.  

I would've been surprised if persistence worked perfectly straight off.

They have said it's off so pack up your tents..

They said they're going to get the GSPs to do a persistence reset not specifically that it'll stay off. Some clarification would be nice because that could be taken either way apparently. 

• Like 1

Wow, the devs caved in to the bitching and whining.  I really hope this doesn't become a trend to dumbing down the game now.

Did you expect anything else when they announced DayZ for CONSOLE? :P

• Like 1

I think I will start playing experimental, so I can help progress the game, pointing out the problems and testing out the mechanics. I wonder if some players bleeding out on stable will miss me? Nah, they will be ok. You others will take "burp" care of them right?

• Like 1