Sign in to follow this  
smajdalf

Killing fresh spawns ?

What do you think about killing fresh spawns ?? why would somebody do that ?... we will never know, they don't even speak.

Edited by Smajdalf

I use them for target practice all the time.

Just because why not? They have nothing to lose so who cares only a click away from being a brand new person.

Not a big deal IMO

Edited by ASTINvlogs

Killing fresh spawns is puuuuure griefer play.

That's it.

That's the whole reason, "why".

• Like 4

Killing fresh spawns is puuuuure griefer play.

That's it.

That's the whole reason, "why".

Yep, Just like Minecraft when someone aimlessly smashes your laborious 15 hour epic Castle structure to smithereens before your very eyes.. Just because they can and it makes them feel all powerful and stuff.

• Like 2

When freshspawns don't try to KO you like rocky or spot for snipers, I'll stop killing them.

If you're a freshspawn and you die, it doesn't matter anyway... you'll be a freshspawn again in 30 seconds.

There's no reason to stay on the coast and kill fresh spawns. Unless you're a cannibal...

I often read comments about fresh spawns being dangerous and people killing them are right. Why are you on the coast, fully geared, to begin with? So that if you die you can respawn closely and get back to your gear?  :rolleyes:

Some people are genuinely "bad", and enjoy when others have a hard time, struggle or are hurt. Sad, but true.

• Like 1

It's a shitty thing to do unless they're the ones who run at you trying to one punch their way from bambi to geared. I had that happen once and the fucker was so quick and squirly, I'm sure it wasn't his first time. I missed 5 times with my mp133 and ended up having to back pedal straight back and take a punch to hit him with my Makerov.

I would have given him a jacket and some food, even started a farm for him but he just started circle strafing me like a zed.

I think that's a really uncool play style and makes it hard on everyone else starting out.  

• Like 3

the last time i met fresh spawn he tried to knock me out. i didn't kill him just broke his legs and left him there begging for me to kill him.

There's no reason to stay on the coast and kill fresh spawns. Unless you're a cannibal...

I often read comments about fresh spawns being dangerous and people killing them are right. Why are you on the coast, fully geared, to begin with? So that if you die you can respawn closely and get back to your gear?  :rolleyes:

Some people are genuinely "bad", and enjoy when others have a hard time, struggle or are hurt. Sad, but true.

I think most people are at the coast to get quick action as thats where most people hang. 

I think most people are at the coast to get quick action as thats where most people hang. 

Yep, totally understand that. But my kind of action isn't to kill fresh spawns. Although I understand it might be something some people might enjoy....

I befriended a fresh spawn, and while I was distracted, he swung an axe at my head. So you tell me why not?

Because not all freshspawns are that single one you mention?

Because not all freshspawns are that single one you mention?

You can tell by their convincing friendly call outs I presume

If a freshspawn is makes deliberate "friendly" overtures, announces themselves before running up to me, and doesn't have their fists/a weapon raised, then I have no problem with sitting down, having a conversation, and trading/gifting them some goods. I've met several present clanmates that way.

However, if a freshspawn sprints up to me (especially from behind) , screaming "FRIENDLY FRIENDLY FRIENDLY", all while trying to punch me out/stab me with a screwdriver, then they are going to get a bullet center-mass.

Or, alternatively, if me and my mates are mixing it up in one of the coastal cities, and I see freshspawns running up to downed players, I kill them with no mercy. They are either 1) opportunists looking for free gear (and I EARNED that stuff, dammit!), or the re-spawned guys I just killed. Either way, a quick trip back to the beach is in order.

Only heroes and idiots run "towards" gunfire, and I have yet to encounter any "Red Cross-style heroes" in Day Z.

• Like 1

Yep, totally understand that. But my kind of action isn't to kill fresh spawns. Although I understand it might be something some people might enjoy....

And who kills the freshspawns? You can kill those who do xD...  I my self change what I am doing all the time sometimes I feel like sneak around upnorth or raid military places ( tho now that is pretty useless..)

But sometimes I just change it up and go to the coast somewhere with my friends and try sneak around kill some geared players.. We don't kill freshspawns on site probably never, if we shoot a freshspawn its because we think he either trying to stall us for something or get our location or try knock us out!._. Since there is not much loot at military places anymore its hard to choose where to go for some action..:( But I still think most people actually go to the coast for quick action and just end up shooting anyone freshspawn and geared players.

• Like 1

the last time i met fresh spawn he tried to knock me out. i didn't kill him just broke his legs and left him there begging for me to kill him.

Yep.  That's what I do as well.  Crippling someone and leaving them is the way to handle A-holes like that.  I feel no remorse doing that.  If they are bleeding I bandage them, but leave them crippled.