Sign in to follow this  
archamedes

The true feeling of achievement & Survival

So after the last week of seeing people complain about the zombies, complain about the loot issue etc even though it is the first installment of an ongoing development to better zombie ai and the early steps to central loot economy, Dayz has finally hit it with how harsh survival is. Every version of dayz up to 0.54 was just the training. It was easy mode, teaching people how the game works, how you gear up how you craft and how you survive and then you pressed the button and0.55 came, suck t up princess its now survival time.

Perfect example of this is about 2 weeks ago. I would wander into a town and be all like "can of peaches, can of spaghetti, look another can of peaches. You know what I'm not carrying all this stuff, I got enough. Right now lets go hunt some people at nwaf." Thats not survival. Then last night for an hour and a half, I'm just staying neutral (Not hungry and not energized) by feeding off berries and apples, looking as many places as i can. I even said "I can't find anything, how can I survive this?" Until i came across a small village, where i found acp rounds, a mosin and a can of peaches. Oh my god, when i picked that can up it was like i was holding the holy grail, it felt like such an achievement, I just may get to survive this after all. Thats when it all came together, the little things mean so much and everything you used to do before to pass the time no longer seemed important. You now dont have time to camp out on sniper hill or do drag racing with trucks. You are putting yourself in danger when you need to establish a base using tents and gather supplies to last the next few days. Its harder yes, but what rewards do you get when you find a town full of food?

• Like 2

No doubt. I came back after an extended break and it took me all of about five minutes to realize that the game has changed. As soon as I let that first zombie catch up to me I realized I'd made a huge mistake.  Luckily I survived the encounter and the fracture, and now that stealth actually has some use, I'm super stoked to see what's in store for the next few updates.  Unfortunately people have realized they can farm military loot in some areas. That's kinda lame and boring. Defeats the purpose.

• Like 1

Yep, I had a spawn from before 55, was hiding watching and doing my own thing. Made as mistake (secretly bored?) died.

Start again survived on berries for an hour or so moving north like I do, now geared up and still having fun avoid infected, get food water run mmm back to something to do.

Always need to get pack or weapon ammo, food, water always some need ,,,,,,not some want Love the new patch

this is the game they intended from the start. Obviously the zombies need a few tweaks not to make them easier, but it does seem that even if they dont swing their arms, just by touching them causes damage. Plus they only randomly stagger back when hit, i assume they need to stagger every time. But thats not me being whiny I just know that at the moment they aren't fully fixed yet. Again with the central loot economy, it is only the very first installment of it, and loot isn't supposed to bomb in the outhouses and military wreaks but again after tweaking military loot will again only spawn where it belongs and normal stuff appears everywhere else. That said Last night i was fighting the hunger and not having much luck. Today, me and the wife went somewhere else and we are finding all kinds of useful stuff.