K-TIME

CPU strength?

Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone can help me, I am having trouble running Day Z in any of the Resolutions. my screen. Is 1920x1080 and I have set the dayz.cfg file to this and when I'm in the game it seems my cpu can keep up. The graphics are rely great when I'm not moving, but as soon as I move around it all turns rubbish and my the screen can't keep up with the mouse. I have tried other resolutions but find them grainy or slow aswel..... Can anyone help with this problem.

Here is the system I am running

Intel Core i5 4460 3.2 ghz 6Mb

G.Skill 8GB DDR3 rip jaws

WD Blue 1TB 64MB Hard Drive

XFX Radeon R9 280 Double Dissipation 3GB

Windows 7

Thanks

That's weird because you have a decent quad-core processor that should work very well with the game. What's the performance like on other games?

• Like 1

That's weird because you have a decent quad-core processor that should work very well with the game. What's the performance like on other games?

Indeed, it's not your CPU.. Your PC is far better than mine on nearly all accounts and I can run the game, have you tinkered with the ingame settings? try that.. turn down some settings and turn off motion blur (post processing) also if I remember correctly, there's a setting where you can change the 3D resolution.. if it dont already, that should be set to match your Desktop resolution.

exact same CPU as me (I am also 1080p on a 22" monitor, GTX 750TI) I will ss my settings if you want?

(edit) before I do, check to make sure your onboard IntelHD graphics isn't enabled

Edited by wooly-back-jack

that video card can run literally anything lol..

check the ingame setting on gpu ram to set at auto. Check the video card driver as well..

It takes a lot of tweaking of the settings.  Sometimes its best to start really freaking low and work your way up.

Some settings get changed by in game settings..  so it might be better to start the game up dump your settings low.. make a note of the FPS.. then go to the config files & make your changes.  Also recommend doing your testing near a decent size town/city.  Don't do your tests in the country away from buildings..  I can easily get 90+fps in the country with max settings then dump to 15fps in a town & cry.

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=   1
GPU_DetectedFramesAhead= 1 some say 4?

Scene Complexity=  start low 20000 then work your way up to like 500000.

ShadowZDistance=50 shouldn't need to go any higher unless you see no frame rate changes.

Prefereed Object View Distance = 1000 to 2000.  you really don't need to be higher or lower than that.

View Distance = 1000 to 2000.  i personally keep it the same as above.

TileSize =  50 to 3.125  (smaller number = higher quality of graphics.  many recommend 12.5)

Documents / Dayz / Dayz cfg file.

Delete the cfg file. Dayz will write a new one when you restart the game.(make a copy first. just in case)

Also start up your task manager to check what resources are being used. Alt/Crtl/Delete  to open. 

Look out for any programs that could be robbing you of cpu perfomance.

Have you done any torrent downloads lately. Some sites get you to lend some of your cpu power to help save the world without you knowing.

Happened to me once before. Had similar issues to you.

Good luck. 

• Like 1

Ok lots of great info guys..... I will try a couple of the things I'm here and see how I go.

It takes a lot of tweaking of the settings.  Sometimes its best to start really freaking low and work your way up.

Some settings get changed by in game settings..  so it might be better to start the game up dump your settings low.. make a note of the FPS.. then go to the config files & make your changes.  Also recommend doing your testing near a decent size town/city.  Don't do your tests in the country away from buildings..  I can easily get 90+fps in the country with max settings then dump to 15fps in a town & cry.

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=   1

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead= 1 some say 4?

Scene Complexity=  start low 20000 then work your way up to like 500000.

ShadowZDistance=50 shouldn't need to go any higher unless you see no frame rate changes.

Prefereed Object View Distance = 1000 to 2000.  you really don't need to be higher or lower than that.

View Distance = 1000 to 2000.  i personally keep it the same as above.

TileSize =  50 to 3.125  (smaller number = higher quality of graphics.  many recommend 12.5)

I am able to change GPU, but not sure on how to change the other.... Could you help please Dunxel?

exact same CPU as me (I am also 1080p on a 22" monitor, GTX 750TI) I will ss my settings if you want?

(edit) before I do, check to make sure your onboard IntelHD graphics isn't enabled

If you could that would be great mate. In Devices it is picking up both the I build and the Radeon, not sure how to assign the Radeon only

Okay, let's start simple:

Is only DayZ affected by this or are other games as well?

not sure how to assign the Radeon only

when you turn on the computer, quickly press the key that takes you to BIOS (Delete usually)

Don't mess with things you don't understand in there, just look for 'onboard peripherals' menu, disable onboard graphics, press F10 (or select save and exit with mouse if you have one of those Bios) to save and exit, the PC will now boot everytime without the onboard GFX chip and use the ATI. 

Why can't some of you Smart fookers come over and tweak my comp LOL =)

(100$)

Just kidding........

=p

Drow

Hey man you have the same CPU and graphics card as me.. What settings do you use bud? Just out of interest.. I seem to get 60fps wilderness and 15-30fps in the towns..

my current setup:

i7 4790K

16GB 1600mhz DDR3

STRIX GTX 980 OC 4GB

Dayz is installed on SSD.

getting ~40-60 fps in open areas (between elektro and cherno) and 30 and below in big cities wich makes me wonder since my PC should be able to run this shit game far better. :<

my current setup:

i7 4790K

16GB 1600mhz DDR3

STRIX GTX 980 OC 4GB

getting ~40-60 fps in open areas (between elektro and cherno) and 30 and below in big cities wich makes me wonder since my PC should be able to run this shit game far better. :<

Sounds normal. Doesn't matter much what specs you've, you can't go over that magical limit that everyone is suffering.

my current setup:

i7 4790K

16GB 1600mhz DDR3

STRIX GTX 980 OC 4GB

That's about all you'll get. My system is in my signature and what you're getting is roughly what I am.

Just come back after a 12 month hiatus to try 0.55 and noticing a definite drop in GFX performance on the same rig. Tweak it down as best to improve it.