SonicSonedit

Loot is extremenly broken at the moment

I traveled across the Crernarus and only one town - New Petrovka had some loot.

All of the other towns were completely empty. I searched:

Zelenogorsk (this is where i spawned empty)

Kozlova (found a little food)

Chapaevsk (empty)

Chernogorsk (found some food, sporter ammo, mp5 ammo)

Novoselky (empty)

Dubky (empty)

Prigorodki (empty)

Elektrozavodsk (some food, fire axe, new 8 slot jacket)

Kamyshovo (empty)

Solnichniy (empty)

Nizhnoye (empty)

Berezino (some food, a tent lol)

Lumber mill (more sporter ammo)

Svetlojarsk (food, also found a huge useless loot pile at the garage, assault vest, 6 slot pants)

Novodmitrovsk (food, Crossbow, but no bolts and Derringer)

Svergino (empty)

Severograd (some food, and omg ammo for deringer)

New Petrovka - the only unlooted town where I found Izh43, shotgun ammo, mosin, mosin ammo, lots of mp5 ammo and clips, lots of food, black drybag. Made a sawn-off and went to Airfield.

And guess what I found at airfield? Freaking nothing. Except a crapload of mountain backpacks, and lots of useless cloth (half of which was ruined, namely.). Lots of boots too.

Go to airo @ find boots and backpacks.

Currently game is almost unplayable because there is nothing nowhere.

The problem is that there are a small amount of players who looted the towns, got everything they need and even more - they got guns, food, tools, top cloth - everything! And the rest 90% of players will find nothing.

Further more, there are privileged players who own a server, gear up there (by whitelisting or instant-kicking everyone) and then they have fun with normal players, who don't have a server to gear up and only find an empty town after another empty town. This is not DayZ, this is farce!

Edited by SonicSonedit

So, reading that list what you've done is ran from Zelenogorsk through every major city that is a spawncity as well and haven't even bothered going inland at any point?

I'm surprised that there's nothing to be found in the cities everybody spawns in.

• Like 4

So, reading that list what you've done is ran from Zelenogorsk through every major city that is a spawncity as well and haven't even bothered going inland at any point?

I'm surprised that there's nothing to be found in the cities everybody spawns in.

The inland towns which you suggested are always looted first, because they are on the way from south coast to the aero, and this is the path most players take as soon as they spawn. And guess why New Petrovka was the only town which was not looted? Because very few people go to airo through Petrovka. I guess Stary Yar was not looted either. Maybe it still will not be looted by the time I get home from work, I should visit it.

I can visit southern inland towns you suggested, but I'm pretty sure they are completely empty.

The problem is, this was on a second day after maintance restart, in two days!! There was no loot anywhere!

I'm playing on official servers, so I played with persistance enabled before, this kind of situation was ok for monday/tuesday - 6, 7 days after wednesday restart, but not on second day after wednesday restart! This is not normal!

Edited by SonicSonedit

This is not normal!

From what I've seen an heard, that should read 'this WAS not normal!', it appears to be very much the norm from now on though. The devs said that when they introduce more ways to cook canned food spawns would be massively reduced so we would have needed to get used to it at some point.

So what you're saying is, the developers intended and intend for us no new players to be able to survive unless by the grace of not new players who were around for the first 24-48 hours of a new patch, when there is loot?  Seriously?  You mods have the worst, smart ass, absolutely helpless answers.

If this is what the developers intend the game to be in regards to "survival", that's a complete farce.  Persistent != Loot never ever respawns, and that's exactly what is happening.  What a SURVIVAL when a LUG WRENCH made out of METAL is worse than your BARE FISTS to kill a zombie!  What a joke!

• Like 3

From what I've seen an heard, that should read 'this WAS not normal!', it appears to be very much the norm from now on though. The devs said that when they introduce more ways to cook canned food spawns would be massively reduced so we would have needed to get used to it at some point.

Yeah I survived by collecting apples when I spawned. I'm not talking about food.

The problem is that there are a small amount of players who looted the towns, got everything they need and even more - thet got guns, food, tools, top cloth - everything! And the rest 90% of players will find nothing. This is not ok.

If this is what the developers intend the game to be in regards to "survival", that's a complete farce.  Persistent != Loot never ever respawns

Exactly. Right now we have a privileged players who own a server, gear up there (by whitelisting or instant-kicking everyone) and then they have fun with normal players, who don't have a server to gear up and only find an empty town after another empty town. This is not DayZ, this is farce!

Edited by SonicSonedit
  • Like 1

Loot is indeed kind of weird.

Like an hour ago I spawned north of Kamyshovo. I ran to the police station, and found 6 MP5 mags, a RAK with 1 x 25 round mag and 1 x 15 round mag and a bunch of random police/military clothing.

Then I ran to Elektro and at the police station I found even more MP5 mags and clothes. City itself was picked clean.

And yesterday me and some friends were at the Vybor military base, and the barracks and camo building were just packed with gear, to the point where your computer would slow down. I am talking 20+ weapons in each barrack alone, and boots just being lined up like your in some Hollywood walk in closet.

Own server thing is no different. I've found myself roaming from city to city just moving tents but the loot is still jacked.

It's fun cause it's hard but I really hope they don't leave this in for to long it's getting old quick. Especially seeing as it's safer to drop gear on the ground than it is to put it in a tent. My stuff just keeps disappearing.

Have you played 0.55? There is no loot nowhere. Even the most remote little villages in the far outskirts of the map have nothing but books, hats and hammers. Haven't checked out the the public servers as they don't interest me anymore. But been around the map twice on both 50/50 private servers im on and the only thing that have a chance of containing anything is guard towers and hunting stands.

Edited by aasand
  • Like 1

Loot is gone cos there is none around now. Not that its been picked clean

yep i lost my tent too and what was in it, so now picking the thrid tree from the let to drop everything to keep it safe.

all the "Noobs" and "PVP in Every Spawn Area Retards" are crying about the update and this post further validates it, its a little harder but no that much at all so stop crying, I am glad to see that the more experienced players haven't cried yet and I actually like what they have done 

Edited by Merkeus
  • Like 4

Its just normal if in case of apocaliypse survives 1 out of 10! :)

I have not had a prob, heaps food and ammo, but I am very north in my love spot. And no Zombies

• Like 1

all the "Noobs" and "PVP in Every Spawn Area Retards" are crying about the update and this post further validates it, its a little harder but no that much at all so stop crying, I am glad to see that the more experienced players haven't cried yet and I actually like what they have done 

nice insults btw... you are not able to find any loot on any 50/50 server but its okay

• Like 1

I'm surprised that there's nothing to be found in the cities everybody(or no loot) (re)spawns in.

fixed this.

Loot is gone cos there is none around now. Not that its been picked clean

yep i lost my tent too and what was in it, so now picking the thrid tree from the let to drop everything to keep it safe.

You are wrong here. There was a plenty of loot right after update, some of my friends were lucky enough to loot the towns. It just doesn't respawn.

I have not had a prob, heaps food and ammo, but I am very north in my love spot. And no Zombies

if you stay away from people and zeds, what do you do? Log in and watch pixels?

I have been playing like every house could potentially have good loot and I haven't any trouble.

This character was a new spawn today, He doesn't have the best gear but he has gear.

m0bjBVJ.jpgYnSJDc5.jpg

I have been playing like every house could potentially have good loot and I haven't any trouble.

This character was a new spawn today, He doesn't have the best gear but he has gear.

m0bjBVJ.jpgYnSJDc5.jpg

Congratulations, you've found a server or servers that are working, somewhat? somehow?

Who cares.  Who the hell is making these decisions?  "Oh, right.  Let's force persistence on every single server, even though we know it's been extremely broken the past 5 "stable" patches.  Test it?!  What? Why?  We ran it on one server in house and it worked great!!!!!" "BRILLIANT!!! PUSH IT LIVE, GO GO GO!!"

• Like 1

Congratulations, you've found a server or servers that are working, somewhat? somehow?

Who cares.  Who the hell is making these decisions?  "Oh, right.  Let's force persistence on every single server, even though we know it's been extremely broken the past 5 "stable" patches.  Test it?!  What? Why?  We ran it on one server in house and it worked great!!!!!" "BRILLIANT!!! PUSH IT LIVE, GO GO GO!!"

I'm afraid you neither understand the concept of "Alpha" nor "Survival".

Further issues can be discussed in the Patch Discussion, but if no one even bothers giving it a chance there'll not be much of a point.