boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.55 Discussion

I noticed that repairing clothes with a sewing kit and the leather sewing kit makes clothes prestine now.

Is this intentional?

I noticed that repairing clothes with a sewing kit and the leather sewing kit makes clothes prestine now.

Is this intentional?

would be awesome

Sorry, I meant the hunting backpack. Does anyone know where they can be found?

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Hunting_Backpack

Haven't seen a single one yet in .55.

Yes, i found 2 of them. The first in Pustoshka and another one in Stary Yar. In Worn and Damage condition.

Cheers.

Do you remember what type of buildings they were spawning in?

Thanks for the replies about small protective cases.  At least I know they are still in the game, I just need a bit of luck.  Found a ammo box in a cupboard in a house and a cooking pot.  Nice to see you can now store items in the cooking pot. Also a frying pan in a prison (how bizarre).  Dear stands seem to be full of loot or is that just me and any one found gas containers? I'm finding loads of stoves though.

Cheers.

Do you remember what type of buildings they were spawning in?

One in garden sheds, the ones with the wood floors. The stary yar one in a wooden wc I think. I even found a green m65 jacket in those WC.

• Like 1

Wow.

Um, garden sheds the ones with the wood floors!

I'm finding tons of food, drink, and ammo in those.

They are nearly as OP as toilets.... shhhh!

I know those toolsheds spawn food and lotta other stuff, and I do search them. However, on my server they are mostly picked empty. I did find a can of peaches there yesterday, so the food respawns slowly. I went around Balota and these smaller villages in the south and all I found in and hour or more was that can of peaches. When I spend the same amount of time in the north, I usually got my pockets full. It just seems a bit unbalanced, perhaps by purpose. As was often said, this is inconvenient for fresh spawns, to say the least. If they have the bad luck to spawn in the south now, they find nothing at all. I guess the idea is to come back to Cherno, when you are equipped and look for other necessary gear that will be localized in the future. 

Sadly lost another 2 tents... and rare loot... tents are still broken, getting wiped on server resets, pitch at your own risk.

Really? Sorry to hear that! What kind of server are you playing on? I'm playing on 2 public servers with 1st/3rd person enabled; 30 player servers. So far the tents on both of them are still standing. It seems that no contents were lost, either. I wonder, if maybe the admins are responsible for you losing the tents? Can they force persistence off in any way? I hope the reason for your problem is human error and not an error in this Dayz built!   

BTW - has anyone found a regular sewing kit yet? I only find leather ones. Had one on my character from before, but its badly damaged now. Still no sight of gas cans either. Plenty or propane cookers though...

Edited by S3V3N

Is this intentional?

I hope not, something is only pristine once, entropy and all that.

I haven't found a regular sewing kit, only the leather one and those are rare.

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 1

Yes to sewing kits, i found 3, and no in gas canisters. I even found 3 box of matches after the 12 mb update, but no tripod or gas canister, nets, 45acp, quiver, green bandages or batteries I dont even found a pan or a pot, but some people in this post said that they found them.

• Like 1

Yes to sewing kits, i found 3, and no in gas canisters. I even found 3 box of matches after the 12 mb update, but no tripod or gas canister, nets, 45acp, quiver, green bandages or batteries I dont even found a pan or a pot, but some people in this post said that they found them.

Yeah but someone may have dropped their pot, not knowing that they aren't spawning. Even if they spawn, there need to be more. Cooking pots don't rot and we should find one in every other house.

Did you find leather or regular sewing kits? Leather kits I found, too.

Has it been reported that if you get in a truck and don't close the door when you switch to driver's seat, you get to sit in the middle of the truck, sorta underneath it? If you close the door and change position it works. Also, Zombies are running around on the truck now, causing it to slide a lot. Best to park it on plain ground or take out the zombies.     

Edited by S3V3N

I've recently came across two sewing and two leather kits and yes bit weird to pristine but with the extra damage clothing seems to be taking, I'm not complaining!

Found a few boxes of matches, not seen any canisters either just the burners but no lamps!

Edited by RunForestRun
  • Like 1

I have seen no fresh loot respawn on any server since 0.55 making the game imposable to play from spawn

keep eating berries and apples for 12 hours, than you can start with your jurney.. not fun? dayz wrong game.

snip-

BTW - has anyone found a regular sewing kit yet? I only find leather ones. Had one on my character from before, but its badly damaged now. Still no sight of gas cans either. Plenty or propane cookers though...

I also found a sewing kit....

It was on the front wheel well of a burnt out truck.

I've also found water purification tabs and a mix of ammos on and around these trucks.

• Like 1

Any suggestions for finding animals. I find cows in some of the normal spots, but not any other animals.

I have found both sewing, leather, pots and pans.  Not lots of them mind, but they are out there and the pots and pans were spawned in as they were in the correct places to find them, not dropped by another player.  I do like it that kit does spawn in all places I found a smersh vest on one of the houses you have to go up a few steps at the side to get in.  Although it would be good if the military places spawned more items of that type and you found less outside. but still being able to find the military items (just less of it) out side military bases as you go around the map.

Gonna jump in soon , I'm loving how scarce food is (really not loving the lack of animals

Any suggestions for finding animals. I find cows in some of the normal spots, but not any other animals.

I have a bigger problem carrying the sewing kit & the lime.

If you're desperate and really want animals but cant find any in berezino for instance, check the area around altar. Lately i see about 5+ cows if you look downhill east (towrds gorka) from the altar.All the time.

There's some animals i always find on the same spot; like a deer and some boar around veresnik,a boar between kemaneka and pavlovo, deer&boar next to kopyto lake W from prigorodki, cows at berezino, a deer on the way from berezino to khelm, a boar usualy north from Vhysnaya Dubrovka. There's tons of herd around NWEAF towns.  Msta usualy has chickens,goat and a pig (unless someone scared them off) Animal AI was defenately nerfed, they dont spot you as fast as they did in 054 and i dont find idle zombies in the middle of a forest after chasing the poor chicken for hrs.

http://i.imgur.com/E7W4fYo.jpg

E7W4fYo.jpg

Edited by halp
  • Like 3

My crew and I are really having a hard time finding any humans to interact with, even on high pop servers and in some major cities.  Anybody else having this?  Are people just scared of zombies, or more scared of losing their gear, or what?  Devs, I understand the drive to make this more survival and less PvP, but how on such a gigantic map do you incentivize people heading into cities (or other centralized locations) for P2P interaction?

I have found both sewing, leather, pots and pans.  Not lots of them mind, but they are out there and the pots and pans were spawned in as they were in the correct places to find them, not dropped by another player.  I do like it that kit does spawn in all places I found a smersh vest on one of the houses you have to go up a few steps at the side to get in.  Although it would be good if the military places spawned more items of that type and you found less outside. but still being able to find the military items (just less of it) out side military bases as you go around the map.

Good to know. I have been looking in the correct places, too but wasn't able to find one yet. Maybe I should just not look around Cherno or the south any more ^^

I saw a new cow herd on the road to Dolina (N/E). Haven't yet checked, if the hotfixed changed their location. I saw a domestic pig for the first time, too. They aren't as difficult to shoot or catch up to as wild boars. Also, after the restart two chicken spawned in the same spot. So I guess the location is good, just the animals change with every restart. That particular spot is in Kozlovka, north of balota. There is a small road going up to a single house and the animals spawn right there (coords: 046/106).

My crew and I are really having a hard time finding any humans to interact with, even on high pop servers and in some major cities.  Anybody else having this?  Are people just scared of zombies, or more scared of losing their gear, or what?  Devs, I understand the drive to make this more survival and less PvP, but how on such a gigantic map do you incentivize people heading into cities (or other centralized locations) for P2P interaction?

I think as the loot economy is refined the answer to your question is that certain types of loot will only be available in certain areas (cities for example) which will give an incentive for people to seek out thse locations. It may even get to the point where certain items are only available in certain cities in the same way that certain guns only spawn at crash sites.

Edited by Ebrim

Interesting map. I'm guessing the dark red dots are actual spawn locations and the large circles represent an area of operation, meaning (n) number of animals will be present in a giving circle. Am I correct?

There's some animals i always find on the same spot; like a deer and some boar around veresnik,a boar between kemaneka and pavlovo, deer&boar next to kopyto lake W from prigorodki, cows at berezino, a deer on the way from berezino to khelm, a boar usualy north from Vhysnaya Dubrovka. There's tons of herd around NWEAF towns.  Msta usualy has chickens,goat and a pig (unless someone scared them off) Animal AI was defenately nerfed, they dont spot you as fast as they did in 054 and i dont find idle zombies in the middle of a forest after chasing the poor chicken for hrs.

http://i.imgur.com/E7W4fYo.jpg

E7W4fYo.jpg

Yes. I've found two. Both in toilets.

It's probably a lot harder to find people even on a high pop server when they can be ANYWHERE and not just Cherno or Berezino.

I think a cool thing to remember for the future of player interaction is that we should see much higher capacity servers.

Is the target number 200 people per map? Something like that....

0.55 with 20 months of dev left in the road map and we are at significant turning point in how DayZ is played.

I think some people are experiencing growing pains and some people are feeling still born....