boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.55 Discussion

how can i get rid of hand shakes after a zombie hit me ? splint wont do a thing, morphine either.

im not cold.

painkillers?

well, this is how i look at it, in the mod if you were shaking you had to use painkillers, so im going to go with using painkillers.

• Like 1

Found a crashed chopper - No loot at all. (Was an American chopper)

Where are you finding tents? Are they still in apartments or anywhere now?

Mostly anywhere.. near trucks, in residential buildings, deer stands, toilet houses.. I've found more tents than ammo tbh.

Started two carachters on private servers, one on low pop and one on 18/40. First one was easy, filled my backpack with goodies, found revolver and ammo. All in Berezino. Second one was tougher, spawn in Elektro. Searched few houses - zero loot, so I soon gave up and head to Novoselky. Until there lived on apples and berries. Didnt find much, backpack and some clothes. Hungry and thirsty I head to Nadezdino. There grandpa zombie saw me and I escaped in scope house. There I found 2 cans of food and 2 sodas, and dry bag. While I bandaged and ate zombie lost interest and walked away. All in all, it was harder to survive than before, but not catastrophic. 

I like it a lot. Once they fix zombies (and add more), and fix loot spawning game will be like in good old mod days.

Edit: as soon as I found some gear I started stealth aproach. I aggroed only one zombie and he hit me few times. I evaded 10-15 zombies simply by moving crouched or hiding behind buildings. 

Lesson of day: dont fight zombies until you have lots of ammo.

Edited by igor-vk
  • Like 1

So I'm guessing the reason this patch was released on April Fools was because the patch notes weren't documented yet? LOL

Now ppl going though towns looking for stuff will be even more at a disadvantage to those lying outside that town a few hundred meters away in a bush with a Mosin and a LRS. The stealth mechanics will prevent them drawing zeds out of town and those in town will probably be forced to sometimes drop the stealth approach to run from / melee / do whatever with one or more zeds on their back - they will still be spotted. And ppl generally moving more cautiously through towns means only more time for the Mosin dude to get into a good position for when the player will leave the town. I do not like that camping style of play one bit, but it is extremely effective. The scales were tipped further towards that style with ghillies, now the working stealth mechanics will make it even stronger.

Yeah, except, I think, once the Infected AI is ironed out and the game is in a later stage of development, a shot from an unsuppressed Mosin (I have one IRL, it is loud!) should ring a dinner bell for all zeds within a 600-1000m radius — whether as a simple circle, or using a more advanced shot sound propagation engine. That means you take one shot, maybe two, and then book the hell out of there and change position (if you survive).

Whether that will be the case or not — we'll see.

So, the server I play on countermeasures persistency by resetting the pers-hive every 4 hours. Basicly that means everything is back to as it always was.

The bad thing is, I believe whatever bohemia does now, now the admins will always reset the pers-hive, if they have multiple servers.

I hope this will be (brutally) dealt with once persistence and loot distribution issues are ironed out.  ;)

• Like 3

So I'm guessing the reason this patch was released on April Fools was because the patch notes weren't documented yet? LOL

Documented yes but..

"changelog tomorrow. We had a hard day sorry"

Todays has been even harder, I guess !

• Like 2

I got a chance to play last night after watching some videos about .55 for about an hour.

1st) I like the new zombies. Im a pretty sneaky player anyways and did not agro any of them. I was in Nova and Polona. I did see quite a few of them, walking around and carefully navagated around them. It had the feel of the hitman game. There a real threat now.

2nd) I like the new loot count or econ. Theres not loot every where anymore. This is going to turn up the heat on the COD minded player exactly what I was talking about on another thread. This is huge. Either you take it serous or your going back to the coast. Your no longer going to get by spending an hour gearing up, then wrecklessly pvping with food every where....(I hated that mind set of playing) The game was turning into a god dam joke.

There are some really positive changes in this patch which renewed my optimism. I was begining to wonder were there this game was heading.

• Like 2

So... Zombies are at a good dispersion rate, but they are silent, and the AI seems to just make them walk around me and hit me in the back, even when I turn and start wailing on them. Helo sites work, I found a US crash and it had loot on one side of it, but no guns for me... Animals are fixed, so I 'm really looking for a nice spot to set up. I'm thinking the Altar. Zombies ruined my only knife, so I have to make one more trip into town, and I suddenly feel like a mosin and revolver aren't going to be enough. Wish me luck.

5 hits from fire axe, or 2 m4 shots to kill 1 zombue. Haha it's so funny being chased by mike tyson and usain bolt in 1

chainsaw kills them in 1 hit if you have fuel of course :)

Heads up choppers are in the same location on each restart and do NOT spawn loot (Found one so i waited the 5 minutes until restart)

• Like 1

Documented yes but..

"changelog tomorrow. We had a hard day sorry"

Todays has been even harder, I guess !

I was just poking fun. Also, I guess I missed that quote. Thanks for replying though!

Haven't tried the update yet, but definitely looking forward to the infected changes.

Best patch to date! Having to survive off the land is amazing! I logged in with my fully geared "Sam Fisher" from 0.54, and began to starve and struggled to find food. I am currently living off of apples and berries.

'TL;dr: everyone is just sharing his/her opinion.'

If the developers like how their game is, then this is how is going to be further (and was). Accept it or search an another game.

Now if my post was too long and you did not read it, how can you comment? The point I am trying to make is that if ppl would write "I think" or "in my opinion" sometimes instead of "It is a fucking fact that", the hate trains in here would be extremely nerfed.

If the devs like the game and this is how it is going to be (no idea what "this" is exacty), then why this thread? Bugs can be handled through the bug tracker, if that is all. I already have other games/mods to play, mostly Arma 3 mods, so I don't have to search for another game. But thank you for caring about me always having something to play with just in case DayZ SA is just not my thing at the time. No idea how you got the idea that might be case currently though.

Logged in on prison island after spending a week of lunch breaks at work making my way there with my buddy. Room after room of emptiness. Found a stack of hats/helmets in a guard tower. Lag/desync incredibad. Barely playable. im playing with my buddy, im crouched on my screen, his screen showz im twitching and dancing. At one point we were on a catwalk and he could see me and i couldnt see him. On his screen i wave and he sees it. We walk some more and im watching his screen and everything seems real-time but on mine hes still invisible.

Went up another guard tower, damaged drybag, climb down and fall. You are dead.

Edited by cash81

Hey devs, I just want to say how much I am enjoying this current patch (it is amazing and a giant step forwards), and that i understand the direction in which you are taking this game and that I appreciate all your efforts. Keep up the good work :)

Edited by SFKXY

anyone found any cars yet? spent few hours searching for one but havent found :( was wondering if the servers spawns more cars on restarts at all, anyone know about this more?

Having to survive off the land is amazing!

I can't get any seeds out of crop vegetables (pumpkin, tomato) ATM.. the option does not show up whatever cutting tool I try. This is unfortunate.

Also pumpkin and tomato crops are sometimes invisible, even in "examine" - but you can still eat them.

I put 5 pumpkins on the ground and one revolver.. Over a 10 min period the pumpkins vanished one by one, but the revolver was still there when I logged back in 1 hour later.

This is because guns are a lot more important than food... right ?

(this was on a server with total 3 players)

However, no seeds in the damn crops, on 2 different servers. Anyone had this experience, is it a glitch linked to the invisible vegetables ?

xx

[ seriously - if you really want the easiest way to survive - stay on the coast and eat the new spawns ]

Edited by pilgrim

anyone found any cars yet? spent few hours searching for one but havent found :( was wondering if the servers spawns more cars on restarts at all, anyone know about this more?

Found 6 V3S yesterday and 2 more today.

I am wondering about 5.56 ammo spawning or not, as I've found every other caliber besides it.

• Like 1

spawned in a shed. with a hat and shotgun ammo. ran to a town. literally 10 minutes in and my guy is "dying of starvation" my screen is turning white.

how do you expect anyone new to enjoy this? how do you get inland to find food when you die of starvation in 10 minutes?

did they turn up the hunger on the new spawns? i don't remember having a new guy be so close to death from the very onset...

Edited by cash81

Well, I have played with two charters now. I spawned by Elektro both times. With my first character, I found a decent amount of supplies including a can opener and a Press Vest bot in pristine condition. I also found some tuna and baked beans. I did find some ammo and a mag at the police station in Elektro, but no other weapons whatsoever. Well, nothing that would do any good against the new zombies. I was trying to start a small farm, but I needed some water. I headed to a water pump so I could fill up a bottle and then my bottle disappeared as I was picking up a soda can. :-/ So, needless to say... my first character died from starvation. With my next character, zombies were the problem. They need their sounds back and they should only be able to hit you if they are facing you. I did find it easier to avoid them, though. This was quite fun, but it obviously needs to be improved. My plan was to make it back to my old character... grab the gear... and make it to the forest to start a camp. However, my character vanished... what the heck? After this, I just let the zombies kill me because I had like three of them on me and all I had was a sledgehammer. You would think that would be enough, but nah... their as tough as The Incredible Hulk / The Expendables. Why do they need to be so strong? If they keep adding them in like they are... won't it be enough to just be overwhelmed by them? Why do we need to be overwhelmed AND have the zombies practically invincible? As far as the food situation goes... this IS a sandbox game. Why FORCE people to go inland when they may not want to? If they keep the game as it is, they should reduce the need for food. We all know that water / liquids are the most important thing. Why is the need for food so much? It really isn't all that realistic considering that is what they're going for. Anyway, I'll continue playing, but probably not solo. I'll have to wait for my buddies to get the game. They may not think it's as much fun as I do / did after this update.

P.S. I KNOW this is in alpha, but this update seems like a slight step backwards in my opinion.

The last time I played this game (until yesterday) was during the patch where all the loot was pristine, so that is where I am coming from as the most recent frame of reference. It's been a few months...

Read a lot about zombies. They are tougher, and faster, for sure... But, once you actually make the adjustment, I don't find them to be that big of a nuisance. Instead of one hitting them with an axe, I can just stand toe-to-toe with them and it takes 3 hits on average with the axe to drop them. My most recent zombie encounter involved me getting hit more than once by it, but my gear was still pristine, so it's not an auto-ruin as some have suggested. In short, i found the tougher zombies to enhance survival experience for me.

Methinks some people are over-exaggerating / not taking the time to try to adjust to the new gameplay.

Loot: I was in one server, where I couldn't find anything, even though i was in cherno or electro. But, other than that, while it is harder to find loot, it still hasn't been that hard for me.

After getting eaten by some turds, my fresh spawn was able to find a mosin, a high capacity tactical vest, big backpack, and a rak sub-machine gun with about 5 30-round clips, etc, etc, relatively quickly. This was in a small town about a km inland, as well as in kamishovo along the coast. police department there had all kinds of uniforms and mags, as well as that sub-machine gun.

I did have trouble finding food, but eventually got energized without having to worry too much about my hunger. It was fun, not game-breaking, for me. My primary food source was still from canned goods that I found in town. I found more than enough to have energized me and had extra, were it not for the fact that I didn't have a can opener, and opening food with an axe is not near as forgiving now (which I like from a gameplay/challenge perspective). I'm not too fond of the picking mechanic for apples and such at this point b/c it takes forever just to get a single apple... the return on energy (imo) at this point is not worth the time invested

As far as those changes, I've actually enjoyed the most recent patch. little more challenging, but nothing I've seen that was game-breaking, zombies always ruin gear, etc.

Zombies are tougher and faster, but the tradeoff is, it seems easier to stealth them now, and also to break their line of site.

Though, I did have an instance yesterday where a zombie was up on a walkway one story above me and was somehow hitting me from 15 feet away (maybe it was just lag/dsync).

My main problem with the game itself is the same problem I've always had with Bohemia products. performance. Nothing like getting 15-25 fps of stuttering, hitching mess in cities, but it's bohemia... nothing new there.

I am looking forward to the first iteration of the new rendering engine to see if we actually begin to see real improvement in this arena in a Bohemia game... but... it's bohemia, so I'll believe it when I see it.

other than that, the biggest problem I have with gameplay is that everyone in the game acts like the same douchebags they do here on the forums. Too much kill on sight, no roleplay, no type of meaningful interaction... That's what kills the replay value for me, personally. A bunch of 12 year old kiddies who treat it more like a war game, and who are apparently real dickheads when they are not accountable... rather than a survival game... If there ever were a zombie apocalypse, most of you would be fucked, b/c you will rape all of your resources and kill instead of cooperating to at least some degree, which is not a recipe for long-term survival.

I just hope (at the very least) eventually there will be some nice servers that discourage excessive kill on sight, etc, and actually encourage bartering, trading, interaction, etc.

From a gameplay perspective, I don't know how devs could address this, but I hope they come up with something to help encourage more opportunities for cooperative gameplay with strangers.

Zombies... fuck zombies... the main thing to fear is other players, b/c you are all a bunch of savages :)

Edited by Rammit
  • Like 1

This apple searching simulator is getting boring now...