New Items:
-Bear Trap
-Landmine
-.308 Ammo
-Oak bark
-Birch bark
-Chainsaw readded

New Mechanics:
-New Zombie AI (combat/roaming behaviour)
-Horticulture Update
-Cooking Update (visual cooking states)
-Stealth
-New Animal AI
-Central economy
-Fireplace Update
-New Icons
-Player control changes
-New Crosshair
-Diseases
-Increased Zombie Count
-Changed Zombie Spawns
-New idle animations (main menu)
-New UI (main menu) (use -newui switch to try it out)
-Forced Persistence
-Weapon rebalancing
-Zombie Rebalancing

New Animations:
-Lot of new animal animations
-Total rework of Zombie animations

New Locations:
-New camps

Map:
-Road improvements
-Grassland improvements

Programming:
-New Sensors
-New Zombie Controller
-New Zombie Physics
-Noise system

Fixed:
-Vehicle bugfixing
-Zombie bugfixing
-Animal bugfixing
-and a lot more!

Known issues:
-Visual bugs in zombie animations
-Sound issues with zombies
-A rare server crash
-Items not spawning at proper places

• Like 17

Correct me if I am wrong, but does this mean that all public servers will be persistent?

• Like 2

Cue the whining about about the new crosshair, less zoom and 'omg, zombies too hard nao!' in 3... 2... 1...

• Like 9

I'm thuper eckthited.

How long do we normally wait for patch notes of some kind?

Let's hope they actually fixed loot splosions and respawns otherwise mid way through the week the only gear on the server will be at the loot splosions

• Like 2

Cue the whining about about the new crosshair, less zoom and 'omg, zombies too hard nao!' in 3... 2... 1...

I'm whining about zeds being still too weak... come on, where is the challenge!!!

To anyone worried about the loot economy: my experiences on 0.55 Experimental the last few days have been just fine. Loot now spawns in more places as well (i.e. the new summer camps), and so do zombies.

I'm whining about zeds being still too weak... come on, where is the challenge!!!

Did you even play 0.55 yet?

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 4

Wait for all the server hopping. How many people are going to run 5km inland only to freeze to death in the rain because they searched town after town for a raincoat or matches only to come up empty. I give that 3 attempts before everyone and their brother just say to hell with it and hop until they find a server that hasnt been looted yet.

Before everyone realizes what's up..  B)

Will trade pristine camo Mosin w/ pristine compensator and 2 boxes of ammo for any pristine semiauto pistol w/ mag and ammo. Also have pristine LRS if you have binocs.

Meet me in the Black Forest hut. PM for server details.

EDIT: Trade no longer available. Lost the whole set when I put the gun down and it glitched into the ground. :(

bet we'll see more of these ^ as people figure out that the Infected and melee don't mix any more.

Edited by Veyda
  • Like 2

can' t wait to read that changelog though i may skip it and try and be surprised lol.

Wait for all the server hopping. How many people are going to run 5km inland only to freeze to death in the rain because they searched town after town for a raincoat or matches only to come up empty. I give that 3 attempts before everyone and their brother just say to hell with it and hop until they find a server that hasnt been looted yet.

No matter how long a server's been up, I've almost always managed to find a raincoat at wooden boats at the shore. Sure they might be bright yellow, but they work!  :D

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 2

Downloading the update... I made sure to gear up on some private servers beforehand. Seeing how the zombies were in experimental, a fire axe isn't gonna cut it anymore. I've got one character armed to the teeth, AKM + 3 normal mags + 2 drum mags, a sawn-off with a vest full of shells, and my trusty .357. 

BRING. IT. ONNNN.

• Like 1

Great now I can't kill zombies with normal weapons in .55.  They punch like Tyson before I can even get one swing in.    I'm hiding in a shed now fearing for my life.

• Like 11

There are reports that tents are disappearing immediately after being deployed, just like on experimental.

I'm not going to even try deploying my military tent until this is debunked or there's a hotfix.

• Like 4

Holy crap, there are so many zombies everywhere. Couldn't leave the NWAF because there are so many :P

• Like 1

I guess you could say you're... New to this.

Great now I can't kill zombies with normal weapons in .55.  They punch like Tyson before I can even get one swing in.    I'm hiding in a shed now fearing for my life.

Welcome to Chernarus!

• Like 5

I lost all my drums for AKM, my friend too. Devs deleted them from game or it's just a bug (like with attachments in previous update)?