HopperNL

Virtual Reality Soon(TM)

Asside the Oculus buzz... I am sure most of you have heard of HTC's Valve - Vive... by now..   which will be coming in november, available in the Steam Store...

Therefore, I am rather curious on new developments in DayZ for virtual reality... In my opinion VR is going to be perfect for a game like this... 

It would be rather foolish if they havent started testing VR yet...

Can we get an official statement on what progress has been made sofar?

Support this thread if you want to know more about it too!

Thanks!

Edited by robvld2014

When i first watched the anime Sword Art Online i thought to myself it would be sooo badass if dayz could do this in relation to virtual reality, you could actually take cover behind objects and not lean and not deal with robotic animations. Of course i have never experienced VR so i wouldnt know if this is possible but it would be cool nonetheless.

• Like 1

When i first watched the anime Sword Art Online i thought to myself it would be sooo badass if dayz could do this in relation to virtual reality, you could actually take cover behind objects and not lean and not deal with robotic animations. Of course i have never experienced VR so i wouldnt know if this is possible but it would be cool nonetheless.

I've been trying to find a sword to unleash my inner Kirito...

• Like 1

125 views and only 5 replies...

do you people not know what virtual reality is?

did you bother to read my first post?

i was asking for an update...

noone boothers...i just hit reply randomly..its so much fun..oh internets..i love youuuuu

Support this thread if you want to know more about it too!

Is a like enough or do i have to share it with my e-friends so they can e-heart it ? Iam e-confused ....

Anyways..everything under 60 FPS or 120 will be such a strain on your eye it wont tbe worth it. Altho maybe the new dx tech and VR will go together rather well...

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

This will probably get more attention on patch day when noone can log in and everyone is bored. Hang in there.

• Like 1

Hello there

DAYZ like all the RV games supports TrackIR.

Most VR apps at the moment can emulate TrackIR

Ive had limited success in Arma3 with Google Cardboard so it's likely that DAYZ will support HTC/Steam's new venture.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

did you bother to read my first post?

i was asking for an update...

I didnt reply to ur first post...it can be about ur granny for all I care.

Pffft, screw VR.  I'm gonna go all matrix in this biznatch and port my mind into the game world.  Man you people think small.  Red pill all the way!!!

• Like 1

Id need shitloads of diapers if something like dayZ goes VR... -_-

Unfortunately diapers will only be readily available in huge, zombie-infested cities.

Hello there

DAYZ like all the RV games supports TrackIR.

Most VR apps at the moment can emulate TrackIR

Ive had limited success in Arma3 with Google Cardboard so it's likely that DAYZ will support HTC/Steam's new venture.

Rgds

LoK

Google Cardboard eh.... do i want to bother on how that was like? :)

I simply can't stop thinking on the fact how cool it would be to play Dayz in VR...