boneboys

Exp Update: 0.55.127129

Does every exp update result in a char wipe or am I doing something wrong?

Every exp update results in a char wipe, yes.

• Like 1

Haven't been able to play yet. Anyone been able to get sick?

Edited by solodude23

then i've found this, i know it has been there already, just saying...

constant server restarts are annyoing though. Exp/unstable DE 01 restarts every ~20minutes..  <_<

My buddy and I found some of the Attachable Pouches as well, so it's good to see those are both spawning again.

As for your comment about restarts: it was pointed out in the list thread that the older Exp. servers (such as the one you were playing on) seem to have that issue and the new ones don't, at least not nearly as bad.

So no progress was made on .55 for more zombies/zombie AI... I want to know why they thought they could handle more, were massively wrong, and are now reducing again even after multiple updates in .55. Are they ever going to be able to handle more zombies?

There are supposedly more zombies on the map in this build than any before it, but I venture that they are spread out to a greater area now as opposed to being concentrated in urban areas.

Does every exp update result in a char wipe or am I doing something wrong?

It almost always comes with each update. Not always, but usually.

I played with two friends this evening, and at one point two of us took a truck to meet the third. It was a chassis cab, and we didn't want to leave anyone behind... but we also didn't want anyone else to have it. So we blew it up at the gas station in Berezino  :lol:

tVgs3Ts.jpg

• Like 8

I stumbled upon the new camp/cabins near Novy Lug, complete with fire lookout tower, that new map addition looks great, I hope there's more.  Also, I drank plenty of water from rivers without purification and no ill effects yet, when I get up north I'll try ponds and see if that does the trick!

• Like 4

There are supposedly more zombies on the map in this build than any before it, but I venture that they are spread out to a greater area now as opposed to being concentrated in urban areas.

I think there WERE more zombies on the map in this build and they immediately went back to what it was before because the release with more zombies + the new AI caused a catastrophic meltdown.

• Like 2

I've got a really bad feeling about the new zombie AI. The first iteration was hyped in to oblivion by the devs and I was completely unimpressed. Two or three experimental updates since they were implemented and they are still god awful. No server performance increase either, which I thought was going to be one of the main advantages or ripping out the old AI. The desync and poor server performance are just raping and pillaging the potential of this game at the moment. I'm afraid for its future.

Edited by Count_Blackula

I've got a really bad feeling about the new zombie AI. The first iteration was hyped in to oblivion by the devs and I was completely unimpressed. Two or three experimental updates since they were implemented and they are still god awful. No server performance increase either, which I thought was going to be one of the main advantages or ripping out the old AI. The desync and poor server performance are just raping and pillaging the potential of this game at the moment. I'm afraid for its future.

Which is why I'd like to hear more about that. They went silent on the issue after the first release of .55

• Like 1

I'm afraid for your capability to make non-hyperbolic statements.

A couple experimental updates or not this is still the first real iteration. Let's see what gets put on stable, wait a couple months, then make a more considered opinion. Zombies actually hit people now without glitching through walls and aren't negligible in melee like before, just that is an improvement.

• Like 4

I think there WERE more zombies on the map in this build and they immediately went back to what it was before because the release with more zombies + the new AI caused a catastrophic meltdown.

0.55 is the version, the build is a particular iteration of that version. What I was saying previously is that the build that came out today (meaning today's release of 0.55) has more zombies but they are spread out over a larger area. Now do you understand what I'm saying?  :huh:

• Like 2

The first iteration was hyped in to oblivion by the devs and I was completely unimpressed. Two or three experimental updates since they were implemented and they are still god awful. 

I find it hard not to get dissapointed at times also, especially with this scenario. As far as i can tell we havent really been told anything at all about the zombie situation which makes me think perhaps its really bad ?. Maybe thursday might have something better but i would doubt it this far. Anyway, It just means for me its time to take an (extended) break i think I will uninstall the game to avoid these fruitless distractions for a while, be patient bear and focus on study properly :D

• Like 1

Based on what everyone else is saying, this isn't the case. What's bothering me is that they were confident enough to throw a ton of zombies into the game and they were dead wrong.

EDIT: Combined with the fact that they didn't really talk about the issue. They just took a ton of zombies out and acted casual.

I won't link to it (the forum staff frown upon it for reasons that I respect), but the unofficial data mining thread is up on Reddit. Read the very first section at the top. Spoiler alert: I was correct ;)

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

Not sure if anyone posted this yet.  First time I have seen one in game, aside from leaks on dayztv.com  Sorry if it was released in an earlier .55

http://imgur.com/BilgGUp

I found one and the pistol pouch for it. It's pretty cool but one zombie hit took it from pristine to damaged. Supposed to stop bullets but can't handle some rough scratches lol. Hopefully they beef it up in the future.

• Like 1

Based on what everyone else is saying, this isn't the case. What's bothering me is that they were confident enough to throw a ton of zombies into the game and they were dead wrong.

EDIT: Combined with the fact that they didn't really talk about the issue. They just took a ton of zombies out and acted casual.

People have also been saying that they've seen zombies in the northern towns, so it's possible that the 1100 are just spread out over more towns.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 3

I found one and the pistol pouch for it. It's pretty cool but one zombie hit took it from pristine to damaged. Supposed to stop bullets but can't handle some rough scratches lol. Hopefully they beef it up in the future.

I can confirm that the 10 slot attachable pouches are spawning too.  Found one in worn condition way up at the northern convoy, then attached it to a pristine plate carrier.  Combo now says 'worn'.   A few zeds up north now too!

Is the animation for consuming vitamins new? Haven't tried it since the initial release of the alpha and I'm pretty sure it used to be the generic eating animation.

Edited by solodude23

I can confirm that the 10 slot attachable pouches are spawning too.  Found one in worn condition way up at the northern convoy, then attached it to a pristine plate carrier.  Combo now says 'worn'.   A few zeds up north now too!

Huh, now that you mention that the pistol pouch I found was damaged. Maybe that modified the condition instead of the zombie.

Found a military tent backpack. :D

If you haven't found any zeds yet count yourself lucky.

Here is what I have encountered so far:

Zeds that seem to immediately respawn once you kill them, does not matter if you melee or shoot them to death.  Melee weapons I've tested so far, fire axe-3/5 hits, splitting axe-4/6 hits, sledge 5 hits did nothing, gave up and switched to fire axe since I was bleeding.  Stun Baton did NOTHING except use up the battery completely and pretty much piss zed off even more, had to switch to axe to take this one down...

Zeds are still ridiculously fast and tough, got killed by a sort of "swarm", killed one another spawned, killed that one, another came out of no where, killed that one.  I killed them all but went unconscious before I had a chance to bandage and then bled out.    This was at the new Lager/Camp area north of Svetlo.   At another location a little earlier I had a zed sort of warp up on me in a shed, that was disconcerting.

I have set a few mines, but did not see them in place after they were set.  Bear traps still look good but the animation when carrying them makes me look like a hunchback.  The left arm is oddly distended towards the ground and looks very uncomfortable, almost like the shoulder has been dislocated.

Found a 2 round snap loader, it still has 7.62x54 in it, tried to put .308 Winchester in but it would not take it.  Longhorn takes .308 Winchester now, which is spawning in droves.  Repeater still takes .357. 

Is it me or is the MP-133 shotgun much, much bigger than it used to be?

Lager/Camps are spawning stuff now.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 3

Zeds that seem to immediately respawn once you kill them, does not matter if you melee or shoot them to death.  Melee weapons I've tested so far, fire axe-3/5 hits, splitting axe-4/6 hits, sledge 5 hits did nothing, gave up and switched to fire axe since I was bleeding.  Stun Baton did NOTHING except use up the battery completely and pretty much piss zed off even more, had to switch to axe to take this one down...

That's odd about the stun baton, cattle prod is taking them down in 2. I was very happy to find a new battery.

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 1

Not sure if anyone posted this yet.  First time I have seen one in game, aside from leaks on dayztv.com  Sorry if it was released in an earlier .55

http://imgur.com/BilgGUp

I believe these and the attachments started spawning in 0.54 exp. but in 0.54 stable, none of the attachments were spawning. It's nice to see that the attachments are back!

• Like 1

People have also been saying that they've seen zombies in the northern towns, so it's possible that the 1100 are just spread out over more towns.

The unofficial change log indicates that there are several new zed spawn locations, so it would seem that they have been spread out a bit.

-snip-

-snip-

I was just sniping infected with a longhorn in an industrial area and I saw no instant respawn.

When I fought with melee with 2 earlier I saw no respawn either.

I did notice that a solid hit with the axe was resetting the swing faster and I got 4 short chops in quick succession.

Anyone else have this experience? Try it!

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1