boneboys

Exp Update: 0.55.127059

That new circle crosshair is really horrible. I only play 1st person and now I see this wretched white circle in my screen.

Give us at least the option to remove it. I don't need a crosshair.

Dayz is such a beatifull game, why ruin that wit this white hoola-hoop in the middle of my screen...

Honestly, unless I look for the hula hoop, I don't see it ... unlike that fooking dot!

That said, I agree that there should be a toggle to get rid of it. We wouldn't want to ruin any of tatanko's purdy pictures with it!

• Like 2

Please tell me that summer camp is called "Camp Krusty"

I found another Camp Krusty, South of Novy Sobor @ 071-084. Unless I am completely lost, it looks like this replaces a barn and a couple of houses that used to be there. None of the buildings are spawning any loot yet.

Edited by BleedoutBill

Longhorn uses .308 now.

I have to say i'm liking this update quite a bit, setting bear traps all over the place and doing shooting practices with the zombies but, i'm finding way too much ammo of some types, i was playing along my brother and we got ~135 mosin, ~200 .22, ~100 .380... And not a single .308 nor Sks. We visited Olsha, Chernaya Polana and the NW airfield, and didnt even check all the houses. I guess is ok untill everything gets balanced out.

Edited by BrainlessZombie

so things i have noticed so far and sorry if they have already been mentioned.

1. Fat camp/ Camp Krusty, follow the road up from the quarry at servo and you can't miss it.

2.Place a mine or bear trap and they disapear with a server reset. Dammit there goes my plan of using a truck as bait and watch someone go boom. :(

3.Trucks are persistant and will be where you left them after the server restarts, just stop and get before it does or you won't spawn back with it.

4. Head on crashes with a truck not only blows the 2 front tyres and smashes the windows, but also you end up with a fuel leak. This can only be seen when looking at your fuel gauge. Also your shoes will get ruined and you pants my also get damaged. 

Please tell me that summer camp is called "Camp Krusty"

Nope, it's Camp Granada.  And a crappy little spa it is too, no loot spawning there ATM.  The one I am speaking of is way up in the mountains, north of Tisi.  No lake, no pool, no nothing except a clinic and a tractor pub.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Hm, so did anyone else experience a char reset? I first played right after I downloaded the update and had my previous character but after going back in I had a fresh guy. I don't mind, just curious! It's unlikely anyone killed me as I was logging off but you never know.

Edited by solodude23

I'm interested in finding out how traps will play into persistence. I suppose the new loot economy will prevent a possible trapocalypse

Edited by MotleyKoop

^I've had a character reset from the last patch yes.

I'm on a mission for magazines and ammo for the AK74 the DayZ gods spawned me near.

I haven't quite made my way to any military hot spots but I have amassed a small arsenal of smaller arms along the way.

Since losing the sporter to glitching through a building I hand carried a mosin for a little bit and now have a trumpet in it's place. (sawn-off, magnum, trumpet, useless AK74)

Of course NOW I find  30 round mag for the sporter.   :rolleyes:

I've been using the same server all day.

It seems there is some form of server lag thats apparent.

Shots register late, doors delay in opening. This could also account for some of the delayed infected aggro I've seen.

I do think this is the best AI I have seen in the SA and I get a sense that it is actually more sophisticated than the mod AI for the first time.   ^_^

• Like 2

don't try to activate damaged landmines.. just don't <_<

also, i noticed a lot of zombies around the spawn area but once i made my way to the small towns in the north west they stopped spawning

Edited by Belphegor
  • Like 2

Use the shotgun. Its one shot one kill all the time on those guys.

That was my weapon of choice this evening as well. It's super effective, just as it ought to be.

Nope, it's Camp Granada.  And a crappy little spa it is too, no loot spawning there ATM.  The one I am speaking of is way up in the mountains, north of Tisi.  No lake, no pool, no nothing except a clinic and a tractor pub.

Mind pointing it out on a map for me? I wasn't aware of anything other than the three camps that have already been talked about (Severograd, Novy Sobor, Topolka Dam). It would be much appreciated :) I'll have to check that out tomorrow, though.

Pictures of those three camps are here for anyone who hasn't seen them yet:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/222970-map-changes-in-055127059/

• Like 1

Well, I can't play cause the BattlEye updater is being shifty... anyone else have this problem?

I do think this is the best AI I have seen in the SA and I get a sense that it is actually more sophisticated than the mod AI for the first time.   ^_^

I am blown away by the interactions that I've had today. One in particular stands out. I was wandering through SW Novi Sobor when I spotted a zed about 20m away. No sooner did I spot her, then she looked right at me. I was already crouching, so I froze. She began to slowly walk towards me. As she approached, I slowly backed away, trying to maintain the gap. She stopped to have a closer look and I froze once again. She started walking towards me again and I managed to slip behind a wrecked UAZ. Although crouching, I could see her over the hood of UAZ. Now about 10m away, she stopped again and stared at the UAZ. As she approached the UAZ, I managed to slowly back away and move around to the back side of a barn, careful to move only when she moved and stop when she stopped. I entered the barn, climbed the stairs and prepared to be rushed. Strangely, she never entered the barn. After a few minutes it became obvious that she was not coming into the barn to eat me, so I walked outside. There was no sign of her.

Not only could she not see me crouched, only 20m away, but she could not see me behind the UAZ, nor through the walls of the barn! Although very suspicious, she apparently walked right past and kept going!

• Like 8

New toys need fixing or caution labels.  Bear trap injured my friend when he was deactivating it.  I deployed the landmine, activated it and left.  Then went back to it and it indicated it wasn't activated so I again activated it.  I then had to option to deactivate so did...Boom your dead.  Guess its best to leave these things alone after activation. 

Had an encounter with 2 zeds and whacked the crap out of them until I went unconscious.  Would come around and get a couple more licks in before I became unconscious again.  This went on for almost a dozen times with the time of being conscious being less and less.  Finally I just ran away with my color almost black and white.  As time went on and with drinking and eating my color came back.  But I noted that at no time did I see the healing message even though I knew by the increase in color it was happening.

Minor rubber banding...but I don't see any reason not to push this build to stable.  

Zombies are hitting like Tyson now, the Zombie Sidestep no longer works! Some weapons seem nerfed too, it took 4 hits of a splitting axe to drop one zed. 

I ended up starving along the coast, after running into a bear trap laid at the entrance of the Kamyshovo police station and breaking my legs. I had to crawl out, craft a stone knife, make a splint and apply it before carrying on. Found a shovel and some zucchini seeds, but I went unconscious before I could harvest. So now somebody will find my corpse, laying right next to two garden plots full of zucchinis. 

• Like 4

That was my weapon of choice this evening as well. It's super effective, just as it ought to be.

Mind pointing it out on a map for me? I wasn't aware of anything other than the three camps that have already been talked about (Severograd, Novy Sobor, Topolka Dam). It would be much appreciated :) I'll have to check that out tomorrow, though.

Pictures of those three camps are here for anyone who hasn't seen them yet:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/222970-map-changes-in-055127059/

It's north of Tisi, there's also a new barn and a couple of new houses.  A Tractor Pub up that way has been turned into a 2 room cabin.

New toys need fixing or caution labels.  Bear trap injured my friend when he was deactivating it.  I deployed the landmine, activated it and left.  Then went back to it and it indicated it wasn't activated so I again activated it.  I then had to option to deactivate so did...Boom your dead.  Guess its best to leave these things alone after activation. 

Had an encounter with 2 zeds and whacked the crap out of them until I went unconscious.  Would come around and get a couple more licks in before I became unconscious again.  This went on for almost a dozen times with the time of being conscious being less and less.  Finally I just ran away with my color almost black and white.  As time went on and with drinking and eating my color came back.  But I noted that at no time did I see the healing message even though I knew by the increase in color it was happening.

Minor rubber banding...but I don't see any reason not to push this build to stable.  

I noticed the fire axe is pretty much useless again, I have been having good success with the stun baton, it's still a 2 hit weapon.  I have been having a good time with these particular zeds.  I have .223 magazines and 5.45mm mag but can't find the weapons that go with them.  Haven't been over to the prison island yet. 

• Like 2

Ice Axe can no longer be used as a melee weapon.

Zombies are finally a threat. They soaked up all my .22 rounds and as already mentioned no more sidestepping and fighting in a circle. If you engage melee with a zombie you WILL be hit. They also take a beating. My FPS is awful. I'm running 2x290's and getting around 10-20FPS, but then again my FPS has always been crap with this game for some reason. New area outside elektro - Just south of Topolka Dam

Edited by IIvIIozzie

Well, I have rounds to chamber the AK74 now but no mag.

I have not died once all day.

I covered a large amount of real estate, hand carrying the weapon of the moment, killing infected, running down different ammo piles as I looted.

I never saw another player all day.

My killing spree went, Sporter, Mosin, Trumpet, Mosin+LRS, while mixing in Magnum and sawn-off at times and dropping the Mosin in the end.

Holding, sawn-off, 1911, Magnum, and Chambered AK74.

If I had to guess I would say I killed +/-25 infected?

I left a trumpet with about 200 rounds for any interested party that stumbles upon it and somewhere theres a Mosin with LRS in the woods holding 5 rounds. I meant to pull the scope off for binos and forgot oh well....

Didn't find any choppers and the NWA had been stripped mostly clean (of course), I was surprised to find any ammo for the AK there really.

Man, if we get any more updates this week, I may not get much else done!

Awesome fun! Good night Chernarus! ZZZzzz...

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2

I have not died once all day.

I never saw another player all day.

My killing spree went, Sporter, Mosin, Trumpet, Mosin+LRS, while mixing in Magnum and sawn-off at times and dropping the Mosin in the end.

If I had to guess I would say I killed +/-25 infected?

Didn't find any choppers and the NWA had been stripped mostly clean (of course), I was surprised to find any ammo for the AK there really.

Man, if we get any more updates this week, I may not get much else done!

Awesome fun! Good night Chernarus! ZZZzzz...

I didn't die today either, but I did have one close call. I had a zed sneak up from behind and scare the hell out of me. They really need to fix these zeds, they're too damn quiet! I sprinted a couple of meters and turned to meet my new friend when I caught sight of a second zed out of the corner of my eye. I took the second one out with two swats of my trusty sledge, but the first one was too fast for me. I just couldn't touch him. There for a while, I think he was actually doing the Ali shuffle! After everything went black and white, I decided to break it off and teach him a lesson another day.

Same here, I never saw another soul.

I looked for a shotgun, but I never did find one, neither the pump, nor the double barrel. I've been carrying a repeater all day and it has given good service. Someone said that .357 was nerfed, but I've been reliably putting zeds down with two rounds to center mass. I found a couple examples of the Blaze, but no cartridges. I haven't seen any other long guns all day.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, apart from one Makarov, I don't think that I've seen any pistols today, either.

I've seen about two dozen zeds today, but I've mostly been playing the stealth game, trying to avoid them. I've only killed about a half dozen. Half of them with the sledge and the others with the repeater.

I wasn't even looking for choppers, but I stumbled on a Mi-8 completely by accident. I found a military tent, AK101 mags, binoculars and a few other odds and ends.

The one thing that I am the most proud of is the pristine can opener that I found! Every time that I opened a can, I was routinely dropping 70-80% on the ground. I was near starvation for the first few hours, until I found my new, best friend!!!

Apart from some intermittent rubber-banding and the quiet zeds, this build is a blast!

I didn't get any of my chores done today, but I am completely exhausted. It's time to build a fire and curl up in my sleeping bag.

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 3

Alright

Busted up the front end on my truck, a nice OD green cargo V3S, while driving through Zelengorsk, It kept on going.  Once I cleared town I pulled in to a field and went to check a nearby house.  Ran back to the trucks and found out that if your front tires are blown you aren't going anywhere once you stop.  Abandoned the truck and went to do some business elsewhere on the map.  After a restart I am passing by where the truck was.  Lo and Behold, the truck is still there, the front end is restored and the tank is full.  Nice.

Found a duel UH 1 Crash site, not any real good stuff there, no M4 and no Aug, did get an ammo can though.  Before the server restart the choppers were crashed right on top of each other, post restart they were a couple of meters apart. 

Finally found some 7.62x39 for the SKS I have been lugging around empty over half the map.

I have had great luck at the NEAF finding pistols and magazines for these pistols at the passenger terminal there.   I stashed a 1911 with a magazine that I found there someplace safe and have been carrying the CR75 w/magazine I found in the same room as my primary.  Had to use it on some zeds since the fire axe was useless and I had not found a stun baton yet.  I kept the CR 75 just because, at the time, I had more 9mm than .45.

Stun baton and the cattle prod work great on zeds.  They still hit you and they don't fall down like before but it works much better than the fire axe.  I have even unslotted my fire axe from my tool bar.

edit:  it's as if truck spawns aren't really all that random, I keep finding them in the same places.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Holding, sawn-off, 1911, Magnum, and Chambered AK74.

Weird, I played for probably 5 hours and didn't find one gun. 

I realy like The new mechanics ,but it needs some tweaking. I ran between 5 zombies. 10 meters away at the closest. Didn't notice me at all. They need to be more aware. Sprinting players should be spotted much faster.

Guess I got lucky with guns - Makarov (2 mags), CR75 (1 mag), Sawn off, magnum and SKS with ammo for everything.

But I did get a Vybor spawn so its kind of expected.

It's north of Tisi, there's also a new barn and a couple of new houses.  A Tractor Pub up that way has been turned into a 2 room cabin.

Gotcha. I'll have a look this evening. Thanks!

I definitely like the new additions but I only wish the crosshair was completely removed and instead we had a little interaction circle off center somewhere.  People are just going to use the circle to spray and pray their duped drums.

• Like 1

Yeap the big circle thing is quite intrusive. 

• Like 2