Sign in to follow this  
hoopman130

Missions and AI

Title sums it up- is this something that the devs planned to put into the game, has anyone heard anything?

IF they haven't planned on putting this in, is this something that the community likes or not?

Without a centralized form of currency, the only way this could work would be by trying to overtake a group of AI with equipment varying based on the mission (EX: a group of civilian AI's traveling through a town would have mostly civilian level guns and maybe 1 military grade weapon and no military clothing or equipment). 

What are everyone's thoughts? Could this be put in now or this something that should wait until there are more guns/a central economy system?

I personally think this would be a great add-on to this game, not only increasing playability but adding a little more danger, even if you purely play on low pop servers.

We wont see more AI then the zeds and animals. The devs have said and confirmed this. DayZ is about player interactions, and how the player changes the world. This is purely what the game stands for and to be honest I stand behind it in every way. AI are pretty much always somewhat predictable, so after a while you learn there patterns and you start to not feel threatened of them at all. But players, real people. They are always unpredictable.

So short said. I would rather have a world filled with only unpredictable players, then a half full world of predictable computer folks.

And that with more danger. Just wait til the new zombie AI is fully done. Then you'll see that horror side of DayZ ;)

• Like 3

I don't want AI. The only interactions should be with other players, not some static character

• Like 3

Yeah i guess right now I'm a little bored with the game cause there's not much to do besides loot and PVP. I can join a full server and not find anyone since I stay to mostly to smaller villages and towns to survive. So I would personally like an increase in player count per server. 

I heard alot of that stuff circulates around this site http://epochmod.com/.

Yeah see I looked into that since once again I'm bored of looting PVP'ing and getting shot on sight constintly in your game. And since a bunch of my friends play Epoch i looked into that but I don't know which one to download so I'm stuck with "player interactions" in your game that involve bullets and t-bagging.

I could imagine AI Bandits/Heroes having camps, maybe 1 bandit/hero camp per server. It would be really cool if you could have some sort of dialogue with them and Heroes offering help. I saw a script in Arma 2 that had this kind of working, geared Hero AI wandering around, killing zombies and dropping food when a player is near. Add immersive dialogue and you got something pretty cool.

This would also be really awesome if Hero AI had camps that could focus as safe trading posts. Also gives something for big clans to prepare for, because such camps should be very heavily armed with only dedicated attacks having a chance at taking them. Otherwise, people could approach with their gunholstered and have a chance to trade with other players, maybe even AI. It makes sense to have communities like that pop up in the apocalypse, and unfortunately players will never make something like that because it would require guarding 24/7 with a sizeable force.

Edited by InsaneRuffles

Please no AI , I ran from Epoch because of them. Kill 6 with a sniper rifle from 3 miles away then get the 60 crates of gear that would last you a lifetime :P

If there is ever any AI missions in the future i hope there only like this when you stumble across them in the woods :D

Free Fox From Snare ...YES or NO       :)

fox_zpsiofau3vy.jpg

• Like 2

This would also be really awesome if Hero AI had camps that could focus as safe trading posts. Also gives something for big clans to prepare for, because such camps should be very heavily armed with only dedicated attacks having a chance at taking them.

In Epoch whenever a mission spawned, it took one guy with a DMR a few seconds to dispose of the AI. The same thing would happen here

In Epoch whenever a mission spawned, it took one guy with a DMR a few seconds to dispose of the AI. The same thing would happen here

Simple solution: Walls. Or bases in Castles, the gaps patched. No one could snipe in then.

Simple solution: Walls. Or bases in Castles, the gaps patched. No one could snipe in then.

Drive in with a car and run them over. The point is having safe zones with AI ruins the whole point of DayZ, the games about real player interaction and the risk of loosing everything. Not talking to a lifeless NPC where you can buy all your gear instead of looking for it. If you really want something like this wait for Epoch to come to the standalone

• Like 1

Drive in with a car and run them over. The point is having safe zones with AI ruins the whole point of DayZ, the games about real player interaction and the risk of loosing everything. Not talking to a lifeless NPC where you can buy all your gear instead of looking for it. If you really want something like this wait for Epoch to come to the standalone

No, Im not talking about Epoch, Im talking about a chance to trade, maybe AI only sell food and small arms, maybe nothing at all.

No, Im not talking about Epoch, Im talking about a chance to trade, maybe AI only sell food and small arms, maybe nothing at all.

Like I said, that stuff doesn't belong in vanilla DayZ SA. Adding NPCs is creating a whole different game

• Like 1

I think SA won't support NPCs. I think devs said long ago that they cut it out from Arma engine. But, it would be interesting if you find wounded NPC survivors somewhere in woods and they ask you if you could find medical supplies for them. Or you bring car parts to mechanic NPC and he repairs your vehicle.

We used to have Overwatch server with AI patrols in cars and helicopters. Sometimes foot patrols.

Wasteland ARMA3/2 & ARMA2 DayZ epoch/overpoch servers would give you what you're looking for.

The standalone won't (I hope) have AI missions running on the stock release.

I hope complex base building and AI missions, traders ect. don't become popular on the standalone even on mods, I loved ARMA2 DayZ epoch but stops the game being a survival game and unfortunately "9000 vehicle, increased loot, trader safezone" DayZ epoch servers are the vast majority of mod servers that have a population because people play the path of least resistance.

Edited by TheScruffyBandit

The second they put in NPC I'd uninstall the game. DayZ is all about the player anf player to player interaction.

DayZ is unique in its approach, please dont make it 'un unique' and generic like other games.

I don't think they should add NPC's into the game as it would completely degrade the feeling when seeing another player and it wouldn't be the same experience. Also missions would do the same I think that it would take away the survival from the game as these missions would surely have rewards and DayZ is a game where you have to do everything for yourself.