Sign in to follow this  
eugenharton

Exp Update: 0.55.126981

Lots of fixes, some additions, focus on the zombies mostly if you can. The collision with cars is turned off for now (zombies animals), we need a bit more work on it. Zombie models are gonna change in 0.56 probably. There is some small visual stuff (like the running up attack missing), so the zombie weirdly stops as he gets to you. Has some weird interaction with ladders etc. And some more visual/gameplay stuff. The new loot system is turned off until we get the bug fixed. Might get on stable. 

There is lot more work to be done, for zombies to move and chase you on ladders, windows, destroy doors etc. There is no group AI , nor there will be for 0.55. But the basic stealth is there and the performance seems to be really good.

There will be more experimentals over the next few days. The target for stable is 25th. With a small chance of being pushed to 1st if we dont get the last critical bugs fixed.

EDIT: Also one annoying bug, if the zombie is chasing you and gets stuck in collision with terrain on client, it does not update properly and there will be an "invisible zombie" chasing you. If you want to avoid it, try to kill them or dont aggro (stealth around!)

• Like 31

Great work, thanks for the exp!

Translating now to post on Brasilian facebook group.

Edited by Werneq

All stuff that are "missing" or will be in .56 are awesome! Damn, cant wait !!

New Zombie AI is cool.

But why the loot economy is still not working is beyond me. The task seems to be very very complicated. The first time that this got patched to experimental was months ago and everytime it gets kicked out again.

Game would profit a lot from a working economy.

@Eugen, any chance of fixing for this in .55 stable ?

You have asked that already.

Please concentrate on the latest build (everybody).

• Like 1

Can't wait to see the splendid AI, good job guys !

Edited by Poltergeistz

holy shit anyone hearing this chainsaw sound? first time on exp today since half a year it shook me off the chair i was like "motorbikes?!?!"

it comes and goes but nobodys near me

Woot woot ! Nice job devs and team can't wait to test it out again , I'm looking forward to this going to stable :)

@Eugen, any chance of fixing for this in .55 stable ?

d8dcffc3b027facaffae34a178b0b93f3e2c554a

The only time I ever see that error is randomly when closing the game.  I have not to this day had it crash while playing.

Has some weird interaction with ladders

Are ladders killers again?

Lots of fixes, some additions, focus on the zombies mostly if you can. 

I very much like the idea of guidance for what to focus on. Telling us what to focus on should help generate more data on the focal point, right? 

Are ladders killers again?

I very much like the idea of guidance for what to focus on. Telling us what to focus on should help generate more data on the focal point, right? 

I mean ladder interaction with zombies. They keep circling under them and have problem targeting a new enemy.

• Like 6

You have asked that already.

Please concentrate on the latest build (everybody).

Ok i'm sorry about that, but i don't have anything else to ask do i ? :D 

think i should stick to dota and neighbor survival game till it gets fixed. :)

Random "You are dead" message about 20 seconds into playing :(

(wasn't in a building or anything).

Edited by AnarchyBrownies

This has happened to me, several times, in other builds too, sucks I know, but one of those things to expect.  Especially sucks when running through a field after a screen freeze.

This has happened to me, several times, in other builds too, sucks I know, but one of those things to expect.  Especially sucks when running through a field after a screen freeze.

I've never seen it before. It happened once when I was on the 2nd floor of a building, but that's a known and reported problem.

EDIT: For fuck's sake, 3rd server in a row that just restarts within 5-10 minutes of playing. Haven't even been able to find zombies yet. This is getting a little ridiculous. Should we be testing or is it just too problematic right now? Why are the servers restarting so often?

If this is true (I trust WOBO's word), that's good news. I'm really not so keen on being able to spam the well, but at least the stomach volume issue is fixed. That made it incredibly difficult to get hydrated as a fresh spawn, especially if your only food options were dry (tactical bacon, rice, powdered milk).

it's an old bug, happened to me several times already (perv builds)

Finally encountered a zombie! Couldn't simply walk in circles hitting them, which is awesome. Still lots of lag in how they move. They're clearly a step in the right direction but things like not getting the indicator to open a door when you're running away, and being hit through walls are still a primary reason to fear them. If zombies get better, we need to be able to flee and barricade properly.

They are definitely cool, though. I can't wait to see them a little less glitchy.

I'm having a weird problem which just started with the current update to experimental. Whenever I try to install the latest patch for experimental I receive

an error stating the there is a disk write error which has never happened before so any help would be appreciated!

Edited by LordBlackwolf

The spawn tables are still messed up on the "old" experimental servers.

As far as the new ones, I don't have a clue, as I've got some major problem. 

I'll try to make this as short as possible while giving as much details I can. I never had any big problems with DayZ in more than a thousand hours. Except for the memory leaks and stability issues most other players also have, I've never had any trouble playing the game. 

Then, experimental 0.54 came, and it was fine, until a small fix for it came and a new BE update was pushed. Hicks had told us that by going back to stable, we needed to check files integrity as you couldn't play unless you did this. So I did, and it was all great until I tried to log in a private whitelisted server I usually play on (The DayZ Colony, powered by the Weyland Yutani corporation  ;) ) and the game crashed, sending me back to my desktop with an error message. I then tried all my other private servers, or public hive, without any issues, only with that one server. It bothered me as I've had a great time there, so I searched for an answer how to fix this. Verified integrity of files multiple times, deleted my profile folder, config folder and finally, totally un-installed DayZ and deleted all the folders, configs and misc folders in AppData and Documents, to no avail. Even after all that, still the same error.

The error message in question.

o0tbp5.jpg

I've searched solutions on Google, saw someone with that problem back in 2012 and with the DayZ mod, another search on the Bug reporting site provided me with another fellow who had this problem back in August 2014, and somehow no solution was found as his problem "fixed itself".

My main problem is, directly linked to experimental, as now, all the new servers (from the new hardware I suppose) give me this error and I can't join any. Help please? Google, bug tracker and official forums failed to provide me with anything substantial.

• Like 1

I'm having a weird problem which just started with the current update to experimental. Whenever I try to install the latest patch for experimental I receive

an error stating the there is a disk write error which has never happened before so any help would be appreciated!

Try verifying file integrity, make sure you have enough space, try launching the application in admin mode, and finally, try to clear some temp/cache files just to be sure.

• Like 1

Which are "old" and which are "new" servers? How to differ them? I encountered two zombies, one thing I noticed is that it's harder to hit them. It's like they avoid hits.

• Like 2

The spawn tables are still messed up on the "old" experimental servers.

As far as the new ones, I don't have a clue, as I've got some major problem.

I'll try to make this as short as possible while giving as much details I can. I never had any big problems with DayZ in more than a thousand hours. Except for the memory leaks and stability issues most other players also have, I've never had any trouble playing the game.

Then, experimental 0.54 came, and it was fine, until a small fix for it came and a new BE update was pushed. Hicks had told us that by going back to stable, we needed to check files integrity as you couldn't play unless you did this. So I did, and it was all great until I tried to log in a private whitelisted server I usually play on (The DayZ Colony, powered by the Weyland Yutani corporation ;) ) and the game crashed, sending me back to my desktop with an error message. I then tried all my other private servers, or public hive, without any issues, only with that one server. It bothered me as I've had a great time there, so I searched for an answer how to fix this. Verified integrity of files multiple times, deleted my profile folder, config folder and finally, totally un-installed DayZ and deleted all the folders, configs and misc folders in AppData and Documents, to no avail. Even after all that, still the same error.

The error message in question.

o0tbp5.jpg

I've searched solutions on Google, saw someone with that problem back in 2012 and with the DayZ mod, another search on the Bug reporting site provided me with another fellow who had this problem back in August 2014, and somehow no solution was found as his problem "fixed itself".

My main problem is, directly linked to experimental, as now, all the new servers (from the new hardware I suppose) give me this error and I can't join any. Help please? Google, bug tracker and official forums failed to provide me with anything substantial.

Have you tried searching for that specific file (dayz/tmp/_cur_mp.pbo)? If you can find that file if it exists and delete it then re verify your integrity through steam maybe that would work ?

Have you tried searching for that specific file (dayz/tmp/_cur_mp.pbo)? If you can find that file if it exists and delete it then re verify your integrity through steam maybe that would work ?

Yep, already did this. The first time I got the error message about 2 or 3 weeks ago, when trying to log into the Colony server, the first thing I did was to go to the file location, and delete it. But the thing is, I don't have that file. I tried verifying the files integrity so it downloads it, but it seems it's not needed for 99% of all the servers, so I never got it. It's weird man.

Edit: Also, the thing is, I don't have .ebo files, and it's trying to access one instead of a .pbo so it's pretty weird.

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 1