leviathanapsu

Incapacitate Zombies as an Option

I would personally love to see the ability to knock out a zombie (since they are infected humans and still should be able to suffer head trauma, etc) and then duct tape/rope them up so they are very limited on movement/threat. There's a lot of risk involved with trying to knock out a zombie instead of kill them, but I think this option would be amazingly useful for people who like to play on RP servers. We could have some random zombie end up being someone we knew and be unable to kill them emotionally, but also there is no way to currently not kill one other than run away and hope you are faster. Being able to knock them out and tie them up would be a great way to resolve that issue. Imagine someone who runs into their wife or something and then keeps them tied up and unable to harm others in the hopes of saving them somehow or maybe just weakness of conviction, etc. Some great RP could happen around having that sort of mechanic.

• Like 1

By the way, you already can knock them out; they just don't stay down very long.

It's not really relevant to your point since it's such a short of time and there are no binding mechanics, but I though I would point it out.

I have 'knocked them out' but it is really more of knocking them down since as soon as they hit the ground, they are getting back up again every single time. Not sure I can count that for much, but you are correct. I was thinking of something more like what players can suffer. Variable periods of laying there before they can recover, giving you time to run or tie them up as you see fit.

Thatd be cool to use as an ambush as well. Say you can tie them up with some duct tape but they break free in 15 minutes. You could find a high loot spot and drag a few z's there and close the door. That way in a while they all break free and are waiting for an unsuspecting victim to wander in.

Edited by cash81

I came expecting heads, legs and all manner of detached body parts..

Then I re-read the title and noticed it said incapacitate, not decapitate haha!

Since I came, I will simply say..

+1  :D

Thatd be cool to use as an ambush as well. Say you can tie them up with some duct tape but they break free in 15 minutes. You could find a high loot spot and drag a few z's there and close the door. That way in a while they all break free and are waiting for an unsuspecting victim to wander in.

You can do something like this already. It is especially easy in firehouses. Just get a few of them chasing you and run inside. Run back out as they try to attack and shut the door. Every time you get more, just lead them back and repeat the process. Eventually you can get as many as ten of them sitting around inside waiting for someone to open the door.

• Like 1