Sign in to follow this  
GregzTheGreat

Frames per second = better?

Let's keep it simple.

The Frames Per Second have appeared to improve since the hotifix. They may still be unstable at times, and the game is yet to be optimised, FPS is still low at times...

But it certainly is better, have you guys noticed? I used to get 25-28 in Elektro. We're looking at 35-45 now. It really does make a difference.

Does the same apply to you?

I got an FPS boost, it seems, with the .53 update. 

I remember hearing something about a new renderer that will improve performance, has that been added yet?

I remember hearing something about a new renderer that will improve performance, has that been added yet?

no

Small boost for me, driving through a large city doesn't rip my FPS anymore. Stutters are still there, but less pronounced.

I've noticed an improvement since .53 exp, but I see a lot of variation from server to serer.

You all are just estimating, it is very hard to notice small fps improvements, where in Elektro? Looking in what direction? One degree left or right and your fps already is changing. For me, since 0.54 first and the second (hotfix) things are worst, because I no longer use cpuCount=4 and exThreads=7. Even on i3 with hyperthreading these settings gave me a boost and stable fps in cities. Some extra threads is not too much for Intel hyper threading - it really matters in many cases.

Hello there

Lucianpin is correct in his post that this all sounds very subjective. If you have got extra FPS then super! But comparisons cant be made well without some definite parameters.

Rgds

LoK

You all are just estimating, it is very hard to notice small fps improvements, where in Elektro? Looking in what direction? One degree left or right and your fps already is changing. For me, since 0.54 first and the second (hotfix) things are worst, because I no longer use cpuCount=4 and exThreads=7. Even on i3 with hyperthreading these settings gave me a boost and stable fps in cities. Some extra threads is not too much for Intel hyper threading - it really matters in many cases.

On the other hand, some sources say cpuCount=4 and exThreads=7 and such parameters are just placebo, and that the game does this automatically. :O

Yeah, I still get the occasional jitter but other than that my FPS seems to stay pretty constant now when roaming through places :)

On the other hand, some sources say cpuCount=4 and exThreads=7 and such parameters are just placebo, and that the game does this automatically. :o

No, the game does this automtically but you should know that the games considers i3 as dual core so cpuCount 2. I force it to cpu count 4 because of 4 logical procesors (hyper threading). It was intensively tested by me and fps is more stable with this setting.

Loss on higher end cards still, they maybe high in some cases but drop to 17fps freezes then back up again.

Not a fan of it, but can at least play more then stable.54

the graphics seem much crisper now that i've put my glasses on... lol