HarryPotter (DayZ)

So much negativity....

This will probhably get deleted but what the hell

I love DayZ. I never have a problem with hackers or with being stuffed/thirsty nor do I have a problem with insect sounds or rifle sway. Yes the game is akward to play at times but you know what... I only payed £20 for it so what the hell right?

I never get board. Because I only play twice a week as I'm a human being and have a life outside games. I play on servers which suit my mood at the time and do not server hop for gear. I prefer to kill for gear. It's more exciting.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... Give DayZ some love... Yes it needs fixing/finishing and reporting issues is all part of that. But some of the negativity on here is just crazy.

• Like 12

Preach, i get real board of threads complaining about the game, we need to praise the devs, without them there would be no DayZ!

• Like 2

Preach, i get real board of threads complaining about the game, we need to praise the devs, without them there would be no DayZ!

But without constructive complaining though the game would not be any better though ether.

• Like 1

But without constructive complaining though the game would not be any better though ether.

well i mean rage/flame threads.

Because I only play twice a week as I am a wizard and have important Ministry of Magic things to do** Don't try to fool us Mr. Potter 

Where do you guys get the boards? I like boards :D (It's "bored", not trying to be mean you guys<3)

I like DayZ too, people that rage rant usually can't grasp the concept of early alpha or are just under the impression that they are somehow entitled. The progress of this game is amazing, and I'm not talking out of my butt, I've got some hands on experience with game development. 

Spread the love, see you in Chernarus.

//Forks

• Like 2

I love DayZ. I never have a problem with hackers or with being stuffed/thirsty nor do I have a problem with insect sounds or rifle sway. Yes the game is akward to play at times but you know what... I only payed £20 for it so what the hell right?

I never get board. Because I only play twice a week as I'm a human being and have a life outside games. I play on servers which suit my mood at the time and do not server hop for gear. I prefer to kill for gear. It's more exciting.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... Give DayZ some love... Yes it needs fixing/finishing and reporting issues is all part of that. But some of the negativity on here is just crazy.

If something is great, everyone will enjoy it, but few will spend time talking about it. If something is bad, people stew about it and complain, and it builds up. We're wired for negative feedback (stop the bad) and not positive feedback (continue the good). That's why posts like this are rare gems, so rare if it were an in game item I'd have to attempt to kill you on sight and take it from you!

• Like 2

Look at you pretending to be all pius after complaining that you should be able to rest your Mosin on a wall :P

Praise threads do not get deleted, don't worry!

:grin:

Edit: player base has yet to see any significant improvement over the game. Performance is droping every update with very little new stuff added. Zombies are a joke. The negativity is justified.

When there will be improvement in performance, zombies or persistance, I will be the first to post a "job well done" thread, believe me.

I am rooting for Dayz, or I wouldnt spent my time here or in game.

Edited by Calvin Candie

Where do you guys get the boards? I like boards

Spread the love, see you in Chernarus.

Lady wood is the best kind of wood! 83

• Like 1

I'm harsh because I care.

I can appreciate that. "Tough love", if you will. I'm the same way with my friends and family in real life: I don't bullshit around, I get to the point, because I genuinely want to help them improve themselves or the situation they are in... if I tip-toe around the issue or try too hard not to hurt anyone's feelings, I'll never see any progress made.

• Like 1

so rare if it were an in game item I'd have to attempt to kill you on sight and take it from you!

In the end,you are still promoting negativity though... :lol:

But anyways,game being in Alpha has a natural need for feedback.

Either negative or positive a constructive representation is the only thing that counts.

People before me,have said it better themselves...

When I'm negative about DayZ it's because I genuinely want it to be a fantastic game, I'm harsh because I care.

If I tip-toe around the issue or try too hard not to hurt anyone's feelings, I'll never see any progress made.

• Like 1

I think this game is doing great for alpha, I came here from Elderscrolls Online... What a joke. 9 months of subs for a broken game that was supposed to be a finished AAA MMO to find out we were paying monthly to beta it for console/freemeium re-release. This looks like more my genre anyway and if they achieve half the stuff the could with this foundation I'll be here for awhile.

I hate threads like these. And I hate people who don't flush.

• Like 1

I really hate to say this, but I am beginning to think that early access games are not such a good idea for the mass gaming population. Most players have no idea how the video game development process works or even care to know. They just want to play. I know dean hall wanted day z sa to be a nitch game but its not. Its a game played by the masses. Most players don't want to deal with bugs or pay money for something that really isn't complete. They don't read before they buy. They are used to playing completed games.

One of the things I think the devs really need to do is make sure stable branch really does work, and fairly bug free at least the bad ones. .54 was released with game play wrecking bugs. Some of us are understanding, and know what early access means. But there are a lot of players that don't and really don't want to know. They don't have patients for it. If the SA is not careful and releases more patches like .54 stable. It could cause a mass exit.

A couple pieces of advice. Read the notes every patch. Known issues what's being added. Follow hicks on twitter and days development. Keep an eye on days tv as well and forums here. I think with day z sa it is really important if you wanna have a decent game play exp to read up little, pay attention to the news so you know what going on and what to look out for. If you don't know the mechanics what works and what doesn't shit gonna catch you of guard. It will cause frustration and resentment.

Edited by CJFlint

as anyone heard about the new renderer yet? I am sure all FPS issues will be addressed if this gets implemented, hopefully. I am upset with the DEVs because of their lack of production. Especially since this last update, which is full of crashes. Old Arma 2 code compiled with Arma 3 code doesnt work together. I played for about an hour last night, first time in 2 months and had 3 crashes...IN ONE HOUR!

Back to H1Z1

Edited by BigCountry101
  • Like 1

Please stay there.

Atleast until the new renderer comes! I have done my job for the Devs and the community. I have brought down 16 servers that were kicking people for no reason and they lost their server. Your childish remark has NO effect on me

• Like 1

Atleast until the new renderer comes! I have done my job for the Devs and the community. I have brought down 16 servers that were kicking people for no reason and they lost their server. Your childish remark has NO effect on me

Give this man a cookie quick!!!

: P

Even if I decided never to play day z ever again, and rage quit for good. I would never play H1Z1 SOE pay to win horse shit! Suuuuuuuure free to play lol I promise a year from now they will have suckled $$$ out of you just so you can compete in that game. Like a parasite. Then when they stop making a profit, they will drop H1Z1 from Sony for good, all that pay to win shit you bought will go down the drain with it. Mark my words...I go sucked into that once before with potbs, never doing that again. Bastards.

Naw GTA PC is coming soon, I got a roster of other games. You can keep h1z1....and there tacky ass soe..

SOE reminds me of WalMart, or reminds me of people I hate like dick cheeny or Donald fucking trump...dirt bags. SOE gets hacked alllll the time to. They got hacked like 4 or five times when I was playing. One of times everyone's credit numbers got stolen not kidding. It was the biggest breach of game security probably ever. I had to change all my passwords bunch shit. There so awful...god dam those bastards. So tacky

Edited by CJFlint

I really hate to say this, but I am beginning to think that early access games are not such a good idea for the mass gaming population. Most players have no idea how the video game development process works or even care to know. They just want to play.

This game is being looked to as an example. We are all taking part in a grander experiment than simply the development of DayZ Standalone. This wasn't the first and won't be the last Early Access game, but it's one of the most high-profile examples and I think other developers are going to take a good look at both the finished product and the development process of this game before determining if it's worth it for themselves.

I love every second I play of this game, buggy or not, but most people aren't truly willing to take the plunge and fully participate the way that some of us are. When I say that, I mean coming into this process educated about how it is going to work, what to expect, keeping up with patch notes, etc. In other words, more than just handing over my money and playing it as though it's a finished game (like 90% of the community it seems).

Ultimately, I think this will turn out to be the exception, not the norm. I feel most developers will look at the process of developing DayZ and say, "Nope, not me. I don't want to deal with that." This makes me all the more grateful for the DayZ development team sharing this process with those of us who have taken the time to understand it and participate in it with enthusiasm.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

100% agree constructive criticism is essential to the development of the game

Look at you pretending to be all pius after complaining that you should be able to rest your Mosin on a wall :P

haha yeah... but you should be able to rest your gun barrel on a wall lol

as anyone heard about the new renderer yet? I am sure all FPS issues will be addressed if this gets implemented, hopefully. I am upset with the DEVs because of their lack of production. Especially since this last update, which is full of crashes. Old Arma 2 code compiled with Arma 3 code doesnt work together. I played for about an hour last night, first time in 2 months and had 3 crashes...IN ONE HOUR!

Back to H1Z1

I dont understand, my game has not crashed once since I upgraded my graphics card! Maybe I'm just lucky..?

so the sarcatic part of me wants to...

but than...

i belive there is some overproportional posts from butthurt goons ( be it competition or disgruntled "hax" customers" or the "nooo dont reduce canned foods, dont make m4s rarer..bullshit casual whineing ) and it wont reflect the overall experience. wich in cases varies.

My folks leave the game for months but come back and we have fun. And if it all goes to shits we sit it out for 2-3 weeks and than return.

And all the "i understand its XYZ but" rantings...are totaly menaingless to any progress beign made.

welp....

I dont understand, my game has not crashed once since I upgraded my graphics card! Maybe I'm just lucky..?

Stop using your wand...

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel