Sign in to follow this  
robophant

Does anyone else experience ugly polygon graphic lags?

Hey I wonder if maybe somebody found a solution for this, since it's ticketed multiple times and there aren't any news from BI about when we will see a fix.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=17013

I had these issues when first alpha came out but I got rid of it somehow and was playing fine for months. Now my system crashed, so I had to reinstall my OS and everything and I just can't remember what I did to fix this error.

pls halp

(edit)

btw, i get the same error when playing arma 2

(edit2)

just to clarify:

I already tried everything the internet has to offer on this matter.

- deleted launch parameters after I've tried every possible parameter and value

- played on very low graphics and very high

- fiddled around with the dayz config files,

- defraged my PC and scanned for malware.

- got latest NVIDIA driver and tried different other versions too.

- unparked CPU cores

- enabled full 8gb usage in win8 32bit ("unawave" tutorial)

- bios updated

- chipset driver updated

- did more stuff I can't even remember

Also, before/after and during the polygon lag there are no indications that there is something going wrong according to ProcessExplorer. No suspicious spikes at all.

This crappy bug just wont go away

Edited by robophant

Every now and then when I'm first logging onto a server after launching DayZ, I experience a few seconds of polygonal chaos. Not very often, though.

Every now and then when I'm first logging onto a server after launching DayZ, I experience a few seconds of polygonal chaos. Not very often, though.

Yea, that's not it I'm afraid. I am talking about huge game-breaking fps lags with zombies turning into even uglier polygon zombies and fps drop below 5 and everything gets really unplayable.

wow, nobody really?

This has been talked about a couple of times recently I want to say , people suggested all the usual stuff i think : verify integrity of game cache in steam , reinstall game, update graphics drivers, play with existing startup parameters, but I'm honestly not sure what fixes it to be honest ... Maybe try and switch over to experimental branch and see If it does the same thing there? Sorry mate I know it's been talked about but I don't know the fix for sure .

i tried everything already... And I mean everything. Even experimental.

By now i am pretty sure its a problem with memory allocation or sumthing.

Because I've tried different "maxMem" settings and also disabled auto threading.

Now sometimes i get those ministutters for a second or the pologon lag. Before i only got the polygon lag.

this crap is really pissing me off now. The game is completely unplayable and I know that a lot of other players have the same problem. And there still is no statement from BI about why their crap is not working.

Now I get the same crappy error in arma 2 too. What the serious F?

somebody please kick the arma devs in the balls, they totally deserve it for this poor and half-arsed job they've done with their crappy bugged game engine

crap!

Edited by robophant

Have this problem too,sometimes,it takes 10 sec,then is normal..But if this problem is happening in a gunfight,you are dead..

I have had this problem too since patch 0.54 was released; and have yet to find a fix also. Im quite sure its not a hardware problem but an unintentional problem caused by a coding clash somewhere in the implementation of the latest patch. If i had to guess I think it might be due to the new rock textures that have been added to the game that perhaps havn't been configured properly and might cause rendering problems with other graphical textures and features. The game will run smoothly when I go into 1st person and look at the ground only it seems.

For the record im using at 980 gtx; which ran the game just fine; and have lowered some settings like turning shadows off (I do in all games; I find them unnecessary) or lowering item/object rendering distance as I don't see the point in the game rendering loot in buildings that are 200 yards away. They will still show if I use a scope or binoculars to see into the distance however; so im not gimping myself on player rending distance; I just like smooth performance.

I think all we can do for now is wait for a hotfix or the next patch. Im confident this problem is caused by the game and not your hardware or other software.

Here are another player's screenshots - http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/37475921013319464/1FC482091C860A122CF0675A832A64BA3215CA3D/1024x573.resizedimage

- http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/37475921013316986/5EB14F82DB63C0A19127F8E80E8B3FEF2CC4822C/1024x573.resizedimage

Edited by Chiefo69

So i did the unthinkable and removed all my startup options

ie.  -cpuCount=4 -nosplash -noPause -maxMem=8192   was what i had previously. Removing all startup options seems to fix it; although i havn't had enough time to confirm 100%; its working as I write this in areas of the game where it didn't work before. Give that a shot; hope it helps.

Start up options are considered badness now since the last patch.  iirc from a tweet

It happens to me when I drive the V3S cargo for a little bit, it has happened to my friend when he drives through any large city since the V3S was introduced. We just relog and it fixes it.

I dont think it is an issue introduced by some patch. I get the exact same problems in Arma 2 when playing wasteland. So I really think there either is a problem with Steam, BattleEye or even my router config (maybe i have to forward ports now that arma 2 is on steam)

Devs, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease have mercy and give a little statement on this

Edited by robophant

wow, nobody really?

i dont get complete polygon, but its pretty bad. i tried heaps to fix it. i just want to stand in novo tower and look @ the courtyard without it looking like a 8bit graphix.

i run and see vehilcles have SQAURE wheels for a second. 

doesnt matter what settings i have viewdistance/prefered object viewdistance at.. its always the same.

been like this for months now.

thanks

Well now its happening to me regularly, truck or no truck. Got me killed in a berezino firefight. Gotta love alpha.