Sign in to follow this  
roguetrooper

Do environmental Coke and eating sounds mean something?

Does it mean anything when you hear Coke opening and eating sounds (but you are not eating)? I've heard it means somebody logs in nearby. Is it true? Within what range?

I've always been told that when you hear a can opening when no one is around, that means a new player has joined the server. No idea if it is true but it is certainly an interesting theory :p

someone mentioned the ammo jingle is someone within 1km of you sorting there ammo.. i thought this was strange. esp if your bush.

Does it mean anything when you hear Coke opening and eating sounds (but you are not eating)? I've heard it means somebody logs in nearby. Is it true? Within what range?

Yes, it means a wild can of Coke Life is blooming somewhere around your vicinity. Its very rare and elusive as well! :O

EMBARGOED-0001-WED-11th-Coca-Cola-Life.j

• Like 2

I actually tested this with my friends.

It's literally other people opening cans of coke and stuff.

My friend was in elektro and I was at devil's castle and I told him to drink too much water so that he could puke. I heard the puking noise right as he said he was puking and I was on the other end of the map.

• Like 1

I actually tested this with my friends.

It's literally other people opening cans of coke and stuff.

My friend was in elektro and I was at devil's castle and I told him to drink too much water so that he could puke. I heard the puking noise right as he said he was puking and I was on the other end of the map.

So these sounds exceed the 1-km-network-bubble?

It would be great to have some official and confirmed information from the devs about all these things: network-bubble, sound ranges, players logging in and all that. Even if it's only a bug.

My understanding is that its people somewhere on the map doing something that corresponds with what you're hearing, its a bug thats been around since release and apparently they don't feel like fixing it.