Sign in to follow this  
PrinceOfArendelle

DayZ won't launch out of Steam Libary

Happened after 0.53 and still continuing. When I click play, the preparing to launch DayZ appears then disappears and nothing happens after. In the Steam Libary, next to DayZ, "synching" in blue appears for .50 seconds then disappears. Also, in the bottom right corner, where my avatar and "view friends list" is, the blue outline around my name turns green when I click play then it turns back to blue. 

I already validatied game cache
Reinstalled DayZ
Installed Vcreditst 2013 x64 bit
Removed all launch parameters
Attempted to launch DayZ.exe and DayZ_be in the SteamApps>DayZ 

Really frustrated with this has been happening since 0.53. I havent played DayZ since January. Help?

Are you sure it isn't your antivirus or firewall that is blocking something?

Try running both .exes as admin in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\DayZ\BattlEye what happens? Any errors?

Try reporting this on http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view_all_bug_page.php?page_number=1too

I do not think that this is the issue, but do you have up to date graphics drivers?

From what I remember from your previous thread, I bet its a conflict between battleye, some anti-virus program and lack of admin privileges.

Maybe your anti virus blocked dayz/battleye and won't even bother giving you a pop-up about it anymore?

I got it to work today after running steam as admin. I had to run it as admin to allow the Visual C++'s to install. Thanks greatly!