Wookieenoob

memory leak + non-persistent inventory

yesterday i was getting ready for a player trade that never happened (trev died before he got to me.)

when i came to log in today my inventory had changed. this isn't the first time it's happened.

since the latest patch my inventory has barely been consistant, with items often being replaced by others (IE on patch a LRS and compensator were replaced by SKS ammo)

just now i lost a full stack of burlap strips, leaving me with only 5

anyone else noticed weird inventory bugs like this?

____

also getting memory leaks after latest patch, oops!

yesterday i was getting ready for a player trade that never happened (trev died before he got to me.)

when i came to log in today my inventory had changed. this isn't the first time it's happened.

since the latest patch my inventory has barely been consistant, with items often being replaced by others (IE on patch a LRS and compensator were replaced by SKS ammo)

just now i lost a full stack of burlap strips, leaving me with only 5

anyone else noticed weird inventory bugs like this?

____

also getting memory leaks after latest patch, oops!

My game starts lagging badly (<10 fps) after about 15 minutes of playing. Doesn't crash though, but it becomes unplayable. I'll just wait until the hotfix and see if it is any better.

Edited by IgnobleBasterd

Just to add to this, I've not experienced what the OP has but a heads up - If you're driving a truck and Dayz crashes with the new mem leak error, you die.

yeah the game is pretty much unplayable as of the latest patch. can't play for more than 15-30 minutes at once.

as a note to everyone about improvised suppressor:

the improvised suppressor only works for one shot, after which it becomes ruined.

the first shot is only silenced if the PET bottle you made it with was above damaged condition.

not sure if this might help, but I was driving in a truck yesterday when I got that memory crash issue going on, I did not close the box that popped up showing the error and I just restarted dayz and my guy was still alive but was placed about 20 to 30 feet in front of the truck and a little to the left. 

I know if you close the error box and restart the game it does not show your character at the main menu screen.

not sure if this might help, but I was driving in a truck yesterday when I got that memory crash issue going on, I did not close the box that popped up showing the error and I just restarted dayz and my guy was still alive but was placed about 20 to 30 feet in front of the truck and a little to the left. 

I know if you close the error box and restart the game it does not show your character at the main menu screen.

yeah the problem is that this also occurs without any truck. 

every time it happens i seem to have my inventory slightly modified. it's really very strange. 

I didn't have time to play last night but I was watching a few streamers on twitch - they and everyone on their team speak were having crashing issues. However, I think I saw that in the patch notes:

Known issues:
- Animals spin in one place.
- Animals die randomly.
- Animal navigation.
- Animal animations are playing at a wrong resolution.
- You can drive v3s while knocked out.
- Only 1 person can get on back cargo of v3s.
- Random desync.
- Random client crashes.
- Random server crashes.

My game starts lagging badly (<10 fps) after about 15 minutes of playing. Doesn't crash though, but it becomes unplayable. I'll just wait until the hotfix and see if it is any better.

I had an issue where my fps was tanking badly, as in, normally it runs at 150fps in the open (I was by the edge of the map) and it was giving me 10-15fps and my characters outfit was glitching and tearing all over the place. My friend had the same thing... Tested it on two different servers in two different locations, both the same.. I closed the game, deleted all my launch parameters and restarted and it fixed it and started running beautifully so you may want to give that a go if you are having any issues..

- Animals spin in one place.

- You can drive v3s while knocked out.

what the hell this patch is hilarious

• Like 1

I had an issue where my fps was tanking badly, as in, normally it runs at 150fps in the open (I was by the edge of the map) and it was giving me 10-15fps and my characters outfit was glitching and tearing all over the place. My friend had the same thing... Tested it on two different servers in two different locations, both the same.. I closed the game, deleted all my launch parameters and restarted and it fixed it and started running beautifully so you may want to give that a go if you are having any issues..

How are you getting over 60 fps ? The game seems to be default v-synced for 60 fps, or at least my rig stays at constant 60 in texture-light areas, and never ever snows anything more than 60 (leading me to believe it's locked at 60 fps but I'm not sure) .

Remove start up parameters if any, that fixed it for me.

• Like 1

How are you getting over 60 fps ? The game seems to be default v-synced for 60 fps, or at least my rig stays at constant 60 in texture-light areas, and never ever snows anything more than 60 (leading me to believe it's locked at 60 fps but I'm not sure) .

Well that is what MSI Afterburner is telling me in the top left.. As far as I am aware V-Sync is not on for me. It will generally run between 70-150fps in the wilderness (Depending on where I am on the map) and cities normally drop down to 40-50s roughly though I tend to stay out of them regardless.. I'm not running it maxed either, so that probably helps a lot. If it helps I am running a Intel 4790K oc'd to 4.4ghz, 8gb ram, Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3gb and all running off a SSD.. 

Just to add to this, I've not experienced what the OP has but a heads up - If you're driving a truck and Dayz crashes with the new mem leak error, you die.

Somehow, the trucks don't kill me when the game crashes. I just had one yesterday where I lost controls the truck kept going.  When I got back in the game, I spawned back at a hedge row that the truck was going towards; and the truck was back in the field where I was driving it when the crash started.  The next time it happened, it spawned me about 3 km away--where I got into the truck.  The truck appears to have just kept driving. I ran back to the crash location and kept my heading, but didn't see anything for quite a while, so I gave up.  At least I didn't die, but it was still a huge waste of time.  I was going to taxi a respawned friend  and bring him a bag of gear. It made for a very long mission without the truck.

what the hell this patch is hilarious

They made it crystal clear there is some major issues with .54. They also made it vary clear it was unexpected and they are working to make a hot fix. Did you not get that memo? Lol Just wait til they get the hot fix, then play....thats what I'm doing...haven't even played .54 yet.

Shits Broken come back later....

Edited by CJFlint

They made it crystal clear there is some major issues with .54. They also made it vary clear it was unexpected and they are working to make a hot fix. Did you not get that memo? Lol Just wait til they get the hot fix, then play....thats what I'm doing...haven't even played .54 yet.

Shits Broken come back later....

and yet it was pushed to stable ????

Sounds like the Item deletion bug is still ingame!

This video might help you how to arrange your inventory, so you dont loose items after relogs etc.

Hmmmm, it's not like this game is an "early access alpha" that has a warning you need to click on every time you start it up..... Oh wait....

and yet it was pushed to stable ????

It was yes. I have no idea why either other then they just didn't know the level of the issues. Regardless I'm not playing it til its hot fixed. I am just going to save my self the frustration simple as that. I have other games, and quite frankly am bit burnt out out dayz anyways. So what better time to take a break.

Funny thing was I read all the complaints and reports of bugs right at release of .54. This time I knew better lol. I knew its going to be shitty game play, so I decided to just sit it out and wait. Reading all this shit, really confirms I made the right choice. :huh:   

Im not at all mad it the developers though, this is early access. I know what that means. Until it hits 1.0, they get a little slack from me. Stop bashing them I say. Just play something else til they hot fix it. Should be sometimes next week from the sounds of it. 

Edited by CJFlint

Sounds like the Item deletion bug is still ingame!

This video might help you how to arrange your inventory, so you dont loose items after relogs etc.

OMG! Thank you for posting this. I've lost stuff a few times and it's not been a big deal. Logged in today and discovered I had lost one of two protector cases I had, with two AK mags and ammo. Since I had both of them on the very bottom right and a full back pack, this makes sense. Thanks again.

I also had the crash bug while driving a truck last night. Logged into ruined pants, boots and a broken leg. I shook my head and then crawled around til I could find the materials for a splint.

Edited by SkydogHex
  • Like 1

OMG! Thank you for posting this. I've lost stuff a few times and it's not been a big deal. Logged in today and discovered I had lost one of two protector cases I had, with two AK mags and ammo. Since I had both of them on the very bottom right and a full back pack, this makes sense. Thanks again.

I also had the crash bug while driving a truck last night. Logged into ruined pants, boots and a broken leg. I shook my head and then crawled around til I could find the materials for a splint.

yeah so always put strange shaped items or 4 shaped items at top left from now on 

video gets choppy then the game CTD to desktop, Duped myself over 20 times today.

What fun.. at least ihave lots of mosin ammo while driving a truck.

No memory leak here.

Also, your inventory is automatically pushed to the top of each container upon logging in, so, as a general rule, it's best to organize it from top to bottom and not vice versa. Could that be your issue?