Harmony

Mosquito/Nat/Fly Sounds. - TAKE THEM OUT.

I updated to 0.54, and now if I am in a field or something I hear this REALLY ANNOYING SOUND of like a Fly or something. Please have an option in the settings to enable the sound of them or not. I LOVE DayZ, but I also have really sensitive ears. So when I hear the loud buzz of a mosquito or something. I have to take my headset off for a second. Please make this an option, or tell me how to remove this PLEASE. I have had no luck creating topics like this on the Steam forums for this game, I hope people on this can help more. :(

• Like 2

bug repellent 8) - not that i would actually use a topical one but there ya go

Edited by tiadashi

Scared of things with wings, creepy crawlies, things that scratch in the attic and go 'bump' in the night ?

This game might not be suited to you !

I cant agree more.  I have developed a phobia of mosquitoes.  I woke up one morning in Brussels to see one pumping blood out of my arm and I freaked out. Ever since then I cant sleep if I hear them in my room or the sound of them flying.  I spent many a night hunting for hours for the little blighters before going to bed.

This is seriously going to put me off DayZ.

I dont mind the sound of flies in general, just that high pitched mosquito sound.  

I might have to investigate if I can route DayZ audio through a low pass band filter or something if it is going to stay

Edited by Beav
  • Like 1

if there's one thing I miss from the mod, if the ambient bug noises you'd hear if everything was quiet c:

How don't you like it? xD

I've no problem with the sound of crickets, bees, general flies etc

The sound and pitch of the mosquito sound is a well categorized annoying sound.

Just look at this for stopping "youths" from loitering by emitting a high pitched "Mosquito-like" sound http://www.compoundsecurity.co.uk/security-equipment/mosquito-mk4-anti-loitering-device

Are we going to add the sound of chalk screeching on a blackboard? A Vuvuzella?

Edited by Beav

I have a phobia of clanging metal gates. Ever since they added that ambient sound I have been unable to play Dayz, so please think of the children and remove that sound.

• Like 11

Actually I like this sound. I have a phobia for wasps, so this sound makes me a little on edge when I hear it. It is nice for immersion.

If it's too loud why not just, you know, turn the volume down? Have not played .54 myself so I don't know if it's unreasonably unbalanced vs other sounds..

Edited by Problematic

If it's too loud why not just, you know, turn the volume down? Have not played .54 myself so I don't know if it's unreasonably unbalanced vs other sounds..

Then you wouldn't head footsteps/players eating/bandaging very well.  In general, I love the other DayZ sounds and would be a shame to lose them.

Granted, its a solution though and I might just have to risk my life more so i'm not aggravated by the mosquito sound

Mosquito phobia people *should* play, it is a well-known therapy that to overcome a phobia you have to gradually face it.

Once you subconscious admit there is no "danger" (It may take time), you will get used to it ingame and I hope also in real life.

• Like 1

Mosquito phobia people *should* play, it is a well-known therapy that to overcome a phobia you have to gradually face it.

Once you subconscious admit there is no "danger" (It may take time), you will get used to it ingame and I hope also in real life.

Tell that to the people who suffer from Agoraphobia and claustrophobia at the same time :)

I actually don't mind this sound , when I get really baked and play I sometimes slap my neck when I hear the sound, out of reflex ... Then I just laugh at how I truly thought a mosquito was biting my neck whilst there's ten foot snowbanks outside irl ..

I'm more annoyed by the permanent ocean and wind swoosh. I couldn't play Arma 2 for a longer time withing the range of the ocean. Terrible. Both ingame and in the main menu.

I was inside a jail yesterday and there was a dragonfly hovering in front of my face, I couldn't figure out if DayZ had always been like that or if this was new.

I'm more annoyed by the permanent ocean and wind swoosh. I couldn't play Arma 2 for a longer time withing the range of the ocean. Terrible. Both ingame and in the main menu.

Odd thing about those ocean sounds is they seem related to lag spikes somehow, my game will freeze for a few seconds every now and then for no apparent reason and when it comes back the ocean swooshing suddenly gets much louder. Doesn't happen often enough to be a serious problem, but is still a pain in the ass.

Edited by Chzy

Im not asking them to take it out of the game, that is the devs decision. I just either want them to show us how to disable it via the code or something. Or to have an option like other games do.

The point that I keep bringing up on a lot of topics is DayZ shouldn't be something that gets boring because it is too realistic. If this game is so realistic that I can't have an option to turn off something that makes me not want to play a game that I love. Then I don't know what to do.

What mosquitoes? Also yes, it is a sim. At least I hope it will be. :P

• Like 4