eugenharton

0.54 Issues

EDIT : No return of lost characters or gear due to deployment issues brought on by 0.54. We are focusing on the fix with crashing, candidate ready.

Okay just to sum it up.

1. Client Crashes

2. Attachments

3. Private Hives 

4. FPS/Texture issues

We had the client running for a month on 40 test machines in different iterations, the crashes memory related ones are mostly connected with deprecated launch parameters causing havoc. Rest of them are probably isolated issues with hw/sw setup and we need more input. Those willing to help please use parameter -dologs with a client to generate crashdumps. Those can be found in users/&user&/appdata/local/dayz.

Attachments were lost as the transition for the database to new nameclasses went haywire. Those attached to weapons might get restored. But no promises yet. I`ll look at it in the morning.

Private hives getting their characters reset is an issue we`ll investigate in the morning, no promises there either. But we`ll certainly try.

Same goes for the FPS/texture issues. Most of the people having them had memory related launch paramters. Remove and try again.

As always.

PS : Anything else, validate your data.
  • Like 23

Are crash sites on persistent servers working now?

And about the attachment restoring, what should we do if we had attachments inside our pants / shirt / backpack / protector cases?

• Like 1

Are crash sites on persistent servers working now?

And about the attachment restoring, what should we do if we had attachments inside our pants / shirt / backpack / protector cases?

They were on experimental, and the version number for both is the same, so I don't know why they wouldn't appear. Although I have to say that the police care were spawning invible, physical (you could make contact) and were spawning loot also.

Let's hope they are visilbe on persistent stable servers.

Please fix.... I just acquired my pris ak bayonet last night.... Only to lose it so soon

Also it seems all guns which spawn are showing no attatchments either.

Found a naked m4 at a crash site fresh

• Like 2

They were on experimental, and the version number for both is the same, so I don't know why they wouldn't appear. Although I have to say that the police care were spawning invible, physical (you could make contact) and were spawning loot also.

Let's hope they are visilbe on persistent stable servers.

Yeah I just looted a heli crash on a pers on server and it was after a restart. Before the restart the heli wasn't there. So maybe It's fixed.

• Like 1

So I'm taking it as persistence is still optional. When will it not be? It was stated that it would be fully implemented in .54. :/

So I'm taking it as persistence is still optional. When will it not be? It was stated that it would be fully implemented in .54. :/

That's what I thought too.

Edit:typo

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 1

.......ohhhh boy........ :huh:....... Well I think I may as well hold off on playing until we get word on a possible hot fix. All part of the development process I guess. No worrys

Good Luck Devs, hope you all get it figured out!

• Like 2

Should the crashdumps be uploaded to the feedback tracker or posted somewhere else?

Should the crashdumps be uploaded to the feedback tracker or posted somewhere else?

I would also like to know. I just had a crash then and recorded the dump files. Which files do they want? All of them?

I would also like to know. I just had a crash then and recorded the dump files. Which files do they want? All of them?

A bit of twitter investigating pointed me to the feedback tracker (http://feedback.dayzgame.com/).

Haven't generated a chrashdump myself yet so don't know how it looks but if there are multiple files I would guess zip 'em and upload the compressed file? Maybe? :)

• Like 1

Attachments were lost as the transition for the database to new nameclasses went haywire. Those attached to weapons might get restored. But no promises yet. I`ll look at it in the morning.

When something goes haywire, you always restore!

You have no idea how many hours i spend getting what i had (i'm not the only one spending hours on finding great loot). Hiding behind "alpha" is not enough when i payed for this. i expect you patch as painless as possible. This time is pretty painfull, since you have the options to restore

A couple things, my long range scope disappeared in this patch from the mossin i had on my back also public servers DayZ ES 2-3 and 2-5 have some sound glitch.. I was going to throw up my tent on one of these servers but when looking for a good spot i constantly heard footsteps behind me and random sound of doors opening and the inventory sound "when combining ammo". Had two friends to join me on those servers and all got the same problem. We later went on to another suitable server to pitch the mil tent made a fireplace and made a couple garden spots. We all saved the server as favourite to be able to find it easily later on and now it doesn't appear for any of us in the fav section and that is a big issue because we filled it with mil grade equipment this night..

I was having TERRIBLE fps and low cpu usage. Usually my 6850 1GB sits at 90-100% but it was dropping down below 50% and usually dropped to 0% and sat there.

My fix for now seems to have been removing my memory launch settings, which is fine by me. Before the .54 update I had pretty much flawless gameplay with my overclocked 4790k and old 6850.

I too had a few crashes and so did my friends. Mostly on launch and not while playing. Not sure how to use the dump files.

We also noticed lots of good loot at the prison. I walked out with over 200 rounds worth of MP5 mags along with a few AK drum mags.

i use GTX 970 4GB video card and after 0.54 have issuse 4. FPS/Texture issues and game crash no errors nothing just crashes.........and if it start up it takes like a year now

exactly if possible would be a great help

• Like 1

I think i fix problems with crashes on my computer.

Delete your Dayz profile. I have windows 7.

c:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\DayZ\

c:\Users\<username>\Documents\DayZ\

then setup your game settings(video, name etc)

When something goes haywire, you always restore!

You have no idea how many hours i spend getting what i had (i'm not the only one spending hours on finding great loot). Hiding behind "alpha" is not enough when i payed for this. i expect you patch as painless as possible. This time is pretty painfull, since you have the options to restore

+

buaaahahahhahahaha please my sides....

*clicks "i agree*

Send crashdump and get used to that there will be alot more Problems down the line ;)

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 2

Peristance is still bugged. I went to some house and saw loot explosion bug. Couldn't pick up anything anyway cuz my client or server stucked on recieving on every item. 

I've got reports from my private hive server that persistence has stopped working altogether, so heads up to other server owners out there

• Like 1

About fps drop problem. I checked it and i tried all possibly options and startup setups and i found this:
When i have game in windowed mode the fps drop + texture screw is question about 10seconds in towns... 
When i changed game settings to absolute lowest the fps drop + texture screw happened only when i saw to too many buildings...I thing it is some like the game want to compensate high ussage or something like that or game cant load textures when there are too much (memory leak)...
And this is how it looks: 

I dont understavd why you released 0,54 to stable when too many people had and have this issue. I payed for this game and now i cant play it :/

Edited by coromoro
  • Like 1

We had the client running for a month on 40 test machines in different iterations,

The biggest problem i have seen is your testing Dayz Internally. When you Add updates to Stable for world wide access everything breaks, because your not testing on the world wide system to begin with. Also You are always guessing what the issues are. I along with many don't have anything in our launch Parameters, Yet am getting the constant crashes, Memory Loss issues, Graphics not displaying and Persistence is broken. You have over 150 issues on the Dayz Tracker All since the update. I understand its Alpha but we are now 2 years in and the updates seems to get worse not better.

• Like 5

I've got reports from my private hive server that persistence has stopped working altogether, so heads up to other server owners out there

Confirmed