SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.54 Discussion

hey guise, does anyone know if farming plots will stay after server restarts (on persistence servers) on this patch?

Thanks

Edited by dmddmm

hey guise, does anyone know if farming plots will stay after server restarts (on persistence servers) on this patch?

Thanks

I don't think anything stays persistent, at the moment. At least, I lost everything and tried on multiple servers yesterday. Unless that has been fixed somehow, expect no persistent servers to work. Also, the gardens already disappeared before the hotfix, and I don't think they plan to make them persistent at all. They are easy enough to dig anyway. 

I'd like to hear, if you guys have problems with consistency. I play with 2 friends and we all lost our gear since the hotfix. Everything, including trucks, tents, backpacks. I even spawned freshly with the generic character. I might have been unlucky, but I sure as hell won't pitch another tent or put a weapon on the ground, before I hear that others had their stuff stay on server, after a restart. 

Also, I know we all love the devs, but how can something like this happen? The hotfix broke more things than it fixed. I didn't mind crashing every now and then. I do mind losing all my gear and getting teleported around the map. 

Edited by S3V3N

I can't even play the game now. I attempt to connect to a server, the game minimizes and battleeye tells me it needs to update in a command prompt window, then it closes and the game restarts. I try to join another server and get the same.

I went to BE's website to try to manually update it but no luck :(

I never had issues w/ Battleeye updates in the past, but this also started happening to me tonight. I was stuck in a loop, every time I tried to connect to a server, Battleeye wanted to update. It did it 5 times in a row. I went to ~/user/AppData/local/dayz and I renamed the Battleeye folder to Battleeye_old. The next time I tried to connect to a server, Battleeye updated once and I haven't had any more problems.

I hope that this helps.

Keep in mind that the same build is running on both stable and experimental right now, however, experimental is running a newer version of battleeye. The two versions of Battleeye are incompatible with each other. Therefore, if you are on the experimental branch, stick to experimental servers and the same holds for stable servers.

• Like 1

I never had issues w/ Battleeye updates in the past, but this also started happening to me tonight. I was stuck in a loop, every time I tried to connect to a server, Battleeye wanted to update. It did it 5 times in a row. I went to ~/user/AppData/local/dayz and I renamed the Battleeye folder to Battleeye_old. The next time I tried to connect to a server, Battleeye updated once and I haven't had any more problems.

I hope that this helps.

Keep in mind that the same build is running on both stable and experimental right now, however, experimental is running a newer version of battleeye. The two versions of Battleeye are incompatible with each other. Therefore, if you are on the experimental branch, stick to experimental servers and the same holds for stable servers.

Hm, I tried this and now the update initiates as soon as I try and start the game but fails almost immediately and the game wont start. Weird. I'm playing on experimental btw.

Hm, I tried this and now the update initiates as soon as I try and start the game but fails almost immediately and the game wont start. Weird. I'm playing on experimental btw.

Have you tried validating your game files? As per Eugen's tweet, that seems to be the way to go back and forth correctly.

Didn't lose anything. Fences dont load properly, mostly just look gray. I keep finding stuff that people have dropped that can't be picked up for some rerason. The game even says "can't pick up item" Also, yesterday I had a weird issue. I was tossing a gas can and it knocked me to the ground and i couldnt get up. I wasnt knocked out, damaged or anything, just couldnt get up.

2mwt88z.jpg

Didn't lose anything. Fences dont load properly, mostly just look gray. I keep finding stuff that people have dropped that can't be picked up for some rerason. The game even says "can't pick up item" Also, yesterday I had a weird issue. I was tossing a gas can and it knocked me to the ground and i couldnt get up. I wasnt knocked out, damaged or anything, just couldnt get up.

I've had the same thing happen to me on a set of stairs. Just knocked down, and unable to move.  Still fully conscious and everything visible.  Logged out and in and it fixed it.

We are having issues with some players getting into trucks (either type), some are getting a max speed of like 20 km/h.

The people who are experiencing this .... some are on relogging, still the same issue, some are full speed, some tried closing steam and Dayz client and then on relogging back to normal full speed again, then some people getting to a certain place .ie Cherno to collect a friend, then speed reduced to 20km/hr after being able to drive full speed. 

Anyone experiencing issues with truck speed ? 

• Like 1

We are having issues with some players getting into trucks (either type), some are getting a max speed of like 20 km/h.

The people who are experiencing this .... some are on relogging, still the same issue, some are full speed, some tried closing steam and Dayz client and then on relogging back to normal full speed again, then some people getting to a certain place .ie Cherno to collect a friend, then speed reduced to 20km/hr after being able to drive full speed. 

I only noticed today that the two seat truck goes much faster than the 3 seater. I guess that is so to prevent lag? I just know that cities are usually best avoided with the trucks, because of lag. Got a lot better since the hotfix for me and my friends, though. We didn't have any slow-down problems yet. It seems weird the way you experienced it. 

Edited by S3V3N

yeah,  quite bizarre this one.   was driving down in one truck with another member of the clan driving another behind me and we both picked up our passengers.  Next thing you know we are both driving along like we both stuck in first gear at 28kmh which is just a touch faster than running speed,  but i digress.

Logging out of the game and out of steam fixed the issue but i dont want to have to do that every bloody time.

Edited by Arkwright
  • Like 1

Yesterday we tried refuling a V3S with no luck. The gas can didnt work or any other container with gas in it. The option  to refuel never came up! Is this an issue for everyone?

Yesterday we tried refuling a V3S with no luck. The gas can didnt work or any other container with gas in it. The option  to refuel never came up! Is this an issue for everyone?

We refueled a truck fine yesterday, however it was one of the new bigger ones (for three people). I'm not sure about the two seater, haven't tried refueling it, lately. Aren't the trucks refueled after every restart anyway? Did that change? 

Trucks restart with a full tank on persistant.

can an ak shoot thru these walls?

300px-Building_Land_Shed_Ind2.png?versio

I didnt know it can, saw a friend getting gunned right thru the wall whilst he was hidding in the upper room. I saw where the attacker was and i saw the blood impact hits, so im sure he got shot thru it. Anyway... what else can an AK penetrate?

I couldnt pour desinfectant into canteen. thought it is possible now(same for alcohol tintcture?).

Clothes now dry up allot faster when standing infront of the fire. Maybe too fast, but still way better than before.

I

Edited by halp

I didnt know it can, saw a friend getting gunned right thru the wall whilst he was hidding in the upper room. I saw where the attacker was and i saw the blood impact hits, so im sure he got shot thru it. Anyway... what else can an AK penetrate?

I couldnt pour desinfectant into canteen. thought it is possible now(same for alcohol tintcture?).

Clothes now dry up allot faster when standing infront of the fire. Maybe too fast, but still way better than before.

I

Only other thing besides water that I know you can put into canteens is gas.

Only other thing besides water that I know you can put into canteens is gas.

You can pour alcohol tintcture, but not desinfectant in PETs, canteens and fuel cannisters. I did 2 days ago and even cleaned my wounds with a canteen.

There isn't really any way of attaching it, that's why the Mosin isn't able to use it. I know they allowed its use on the Mosin a long while ago, but that was technically not feasible if the game is grounded in reality. All of the weapons you are now able to use it with either include or are able to have a rail attachment of some sort that the bipod attaches to. The Mosin has no such provisions for underside attachments. If they were striving for accuracy, they would need to add a Mosin-specific bipod or at least some sort of second bipod that doesn't attach to a rail.

I'm aware that there no way to add it but just like the improvised suppressor, all it takes is something that is commonly found to perhaps make it work. An example would be duct tape. Duct tape the Bipod to your mosin but the thing detaches from your mosin after a certain amount of shots depending on the quality of the duct tape and or the bipod.

Edited by XvParagonvX

Well, i just saw some insane shit, arrows raining down from the sky! I've already reported it but damn it was crazy the arrows were landing in perfect shapes, arrow shaped included, killing zombies for me , and then finally almighty zeus betrayed me and shot me down after leading me on a treasure hunt .. Never trust gods or they will kill you with an automatic bow.

beeea97c622c5614a80371eb0aece7082a3ff1b5

Today's build of 0.54 on Experimental (126646) has rid me of crashes, and I imagine it well for most everyone else as well. Logged about 4.5 hours and the only crash I got was when I clicked "Exit" to close the game anyway. Hopefully they'll put this build on Stable tomorrow and we can all get back to focusing on what's important.

Good News for you, Im still crashing for memory.

I

On the topic of AK's and sheet metal walls, I assume they haven't changed a whole lot from the ArmA 2 penetration, but yes, an AK can shoot thru those walls. Easily. Hopefully at some point we will have similar bullet pen as seen in ArmA 3, example being you are in a building made of sheet rock/wood most projectiles 7.62 or larger can punch thru the walls. Look up a video by Dsylexci (I always spell his name wrong) about penetration, it is a great video for learning what can/cannot punch thru certain objects.

EDIT: here you go (jump to 7:55 if you are only interested in the metal penetration, different building, similar results)

Edited by SpartanxApathy

i've been killed by a truck twice yesterday :(

the first time i was coming close to a truck that seems to be stuck on a house corner. i was going to enter it and i heard the classical "vrooom" sound that you get when you get close and my screen went black...

the second time, i get out of my truck to speed loot a russian heli crash. i decided to not turn off the engine to get out and in faster...  my truck was not 100 immobile when i get out, like moving at 1km/h, then black screen...

both time it was 5+ hours old characters fully geared with m4/aug, smersh, m65 jacket...

less deadly truck will bee a huge improvement for me, learning what not to do with them the hard way totally pissed me off since my death were not logical.

ps : i'm quite sure i've not been shot, since it was the exact moment i get in or out and no shots have been heard.

i still get huge frames drop and screen freeze from time to time.

everything else is ok, nice update, i really like the working silencers and new crafting possibilities. animal AI is still totally bugged sadly.

So i found a military tent with 252 slots. Tested it out and it doesnt seem to stay after a server reset. Will be kind of pointless IMO to have tents in the game if they arent persistent.

So i found a military tent with 252 slots. Tested it out and it doesnt seem to stay after a server reset. Will be kind of pointless IMO to have tents in the game if they arent persistent.

You were on a persistent server right? If not, then the tents will not stay as designed currently. 

I have a tent on a persistent server that has stayed in tact since this past weekend. I am going to see if its still there tonight but of course don't expect the items I left to be in there that I purposely left. 

If the tent is gone after maintenance today then I'll wait to use tents again in the future when persistence is a bit more "stable".  

You were on a persistent server right? If not, then the tents will not stay as designed currently. 

I have a tent on a persistent server that has stayed in tact since this past weekend. I am going to see if its still there tonight but of course don't expect the items I left to be in there that I purposely left. 

If the tent is gone after maintenance today then I'll wait to use tents again in the future when persistence is a bit more "stable".  

I'm 99% sure your tent will be gone. Ever since the implementation of tents and persistence, the rule has been that if you want to keep your items, you need to pack up your tent before maintenance each week. It's very, very consistent other than that caveat.