SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.54 Discussion

Me too, -maxMem=2047 is the solution for me.

I can confirm that maxMem solved issues for me as well. Not completely though. After game reaches 2.6gb of ram usage, game freezes for a second. At that point, without maxMem, game crashes because it can exceed 2.6gb, but with maxMem, it can't exceed 2.6gb so flushes itself with one second of freezing.

Better than nothing anyway.

Ill vouch for some fps drops.

extensive testing:

pre 0.54 wouldnt drop below 30 fps. average in cities/firefights 45 fps.

over 100 fps outside of cities. (on bling servers 20-50 ping)

now i cant surpass 28 fps in cities and cant go above 50 fps outside.

what exactly did you devs do?? memory allocation? rendering serverside adjustments? its brutal.

multiple servers and multiple launch parameters.

ie:

--NO launch params

-cpuCount=12  -exThreads=7 -high -noPause -noSplash -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi

-noPause -noSplash

-cpuCount=12  -exThreads=7

-malloc=tbb4malloc_bi

-malloc=system

(no difference with any combo of launch params)

good job on ridding the need for these launch params. however we are seeing worse fps by a long shot

also tested my work rig dual core gtx 460 and seeing piss poor results pre/post 0.54

have only had 1 ctd, so cant comment much on that. ive never used a maxmem launch parameter

Edited by deebz1234

Ill vouch for some fps drops.

extensive testing:

pre 0.54 wouldnt drop below 30 fps. average in cities/firefights 45 fps.

over 100 fps outside of cities. (on bling servers 20-50 ping)

now i cant surpass 28 fps in cities and cant go above 50 fps outside.

what exactly did you devs do?? memory allocation? rendering serverside adjustments? its brutal.

multiple servers and multiple launch parameters.

ie:

--NO launch params

-cpuCount=12  -exThreads=7 -high -noPause -noSplash -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi

-noPause -noSplash

-cpuCount=12  -exThreads=7

-malloc=tbb4malloc_bi

-malloc=system

(no difference with any combo of launch params)

good job on ridding the need for these launch params. however we are seeing worse fps by a long shot

also tested my work rig dual core gtx 460 and seeing piss poor results pre/post 0.54

have only had 1 ctd, so cant comment much on that. ive never used a maxmem launch parameter

Just be glad you have a gpu that lets you get that high of a frame rate. Mine (crappy igpu) can only let me get anywhere from 5-15 fps with all settings on low or disabled.

I was about to ask if they hotfixed the weapon attachments, but it sounds like the fps issue is game-breakingly bad.

I was about to ask if they hotfixed the weapon attachments, but it sounds like the fps issue is game-breakingly bad.

No not really, it's really only a dozen or so people somehow getting "unplayable frames" everywhere.... I recommend you see for yourself and not go on the word of some others complaining of poor fps , as I have had no problems with FPS whatsoever during this patch , the only problem for me is that damn memory crash every hour and a half , so you might be just as fortunate with no bad fps as it isn't happening like that for all of us .

I was driving a v3s on a pers:ON yday. When the server announced the restart in 1 minute i turned off the engine & stepped out of the truck.

I still got spawned 5 miles back & the truck was neither where i entered it nor where i parked it before disconect.

A friend also had a truck & the same happend to him. I had this truck for three days now and it never bugged like this on me.

(it did kill my friend some 3 times tho :) )

I am positive noone found the two trucks 5 minutes after restart in the middle of nowhere.

Do destroyed v3s respawn uppon restart? We found two crashed/destroyed v3s but they werent there the next day.

Stomach is WEIRD. I was dark orange hungry/thirsty and stuffed. I tried to restart this by puking.

I drank water and puked it all out; i take it my stomach is empty now?

I try to drink only, lets get rid of thirsty  status first. Well.. i couldnt get hydrated on water without getting stuffed and puke.

At some point i had a hungry red status, thirsty red status & orange stuffed status.

"i feel my stomach is much more full than its normal"

"my stomach grumbles"

"i need to eat something"

"im about to puke"

"im starving"

I tried a few variations; dont eat anything that lowers your fluid levels (rice, powdered milk) -> you get thirsty and before you will get rid of the status youll be already stuffed.

Dont eat zucchinis. They're all air. Fill your stomach up but gives you little in return.  Only time i reached hydrated&& energized without getting stuffed was when i ate peaches and some canned spaghetti. But that was after i was already starving& feeling thirsty so im not sure if you can eat that much as afreshspawn.

TLDR; tweak our man stomach.I understand what you're trying to do here and whilst its a good idea its a bit too harsh; monitoring my stomach status nonstop when i have food&water on my reach aint fun.

Edited by halp

Found atlas bipod in a all around glassy house with green L couch where you can also find Mosin attachments. I'm playing on a private server LOOTPARADISE something something name incase anyone wants it. Also amy word on our missing attachments

Hi all!

I was wondering of they are working on the tentstorage of the military tent, we can only still use 100 slots of the 252 slots. Which is quite hard when you have alot of stuff, or a base. It would be cool if they made it possible to flip the vehicle, just like the Dayz Mod. Because the new cargo v3s truck is a bit unstable and rolls over quite easily. Me and my friend also found out that when you walk against the truck and it slowly moves, u get killed instantly. A friend of me walked against the tires because she wanted to get into the car. And this instant killed her. Are the servers DayZ NL, of vilayer and gamehost persistent, they say the are but  we have a few cars and tents. And we are wondering if they will disapear or not after the server maintenance on Wednesday. Hopefully someone knows the answer to one of these questions. Thankyou in advance ^^

p.s I know that these are some random questions, and that i actually have to post them at different places on the forum. But sinds they are quite little i thought i just put it here. If i did wrong please inform me :)

Edited by Cassady

I was driving a v3s on a pers:ON yday. When the server announced the restart in 1 minute i turned off the engine & stepped out of the truck.

I still got spawned 5 miles back & the truck was neither where i entered it nor where i parked it before disconect.

A friend also had a truck & the same happend to him. I had this truck for three days now and it never bugged like this on me.

(it did kill my friend some 3 times tho :) )

I am positive noone found the two trucks 5 minutes after restart in the middle of nowhere.

Do destroyed v3s respawn uppon restart? We found two crashed/destroyed v3s but they werent there the next day.

Do you know exactly how the server you were on was restarted? I.E. did you see the message show up on screen after the 1 minute warning stating "No Message Received"  but you're still in game??  

OR

Did the server simply drop, bringing you out to the browser menu and state connection with the host was lost? 

Reason I ask is I have noticed a difference on player start location after the server restarts based on the above restart scenarios. On our server when we manually restart due to lockups/freeze's, your player gets kicked back much further than when our server restarts itself based on our BEC schedule. 

The difference in restarts:  

Our scheduled restart commands the server to "Shutdown" and then our GSP starts it back up quickly after detecting we shut it down.  <<< I believe this type of restart keeps you closer to the location you last were when the server stopped vs when the server is "reset". 

This is only speculation, but I too have noticed weird things regarding where you end up after a restart when driving a V3S. Of course in all of our scenarios I've mentioned the truck is in a new spawn location since we have persistence off. It seems to do with when the server actually stops connection with the main hive for the restart........

• Like 1

Did the server simply drop, bringing you out to the browser menu and state connection with the host was lost? 

After the 1 minute warning i got the "lost connection with host" pop up. I already had simular stuff happen; the last minute warning was something server didnt track at all, i got spawned back for at least 2-3 minutes before the warning showed up. I wasn't too surprised about it. 

As for the trucks dissapearance, i think admin changed persistance to off in that restart. I just noticed the server is no longer persistant since yesterday, so that should pretty much explain it.

I dont own a server so thx for the insights :)

No not really, it's really only a dozen or so people somehow getting "unplayable frames" everywhere.... I recommend you see for yourself and not go on the word of some others complaining of poor fps , as I have had no problems with FPS whatsoever during this patch , the only problem for me is that damn memory crash every hour and a half , so you might be just as fortunate with no bad fps as it isn't happening like that for all of us .

Gotcha. Are the attachments still lost?

tryed this patch on 4 pc and it's horrible running on 3 AMDs octa-core and an i7 ....several crashing, drop fps, memory errors.

any kind of executing string before launching doesn't work

gg

where's the list of the 500 bugs that someone had fixed?

Edited by GunnyITA

I just experienced a performance drop in the game. Not an FPS drop, everything seemed to happen in extremely laggy slow motion. Doors did not open on-screen even though I could still pass through them, the insides of buildings did not load properly. Even hitting ESC had me waiting two-three seconds before the menu came up.

Anyone had this problem? 

I sometimes get that on my very low end laptop, especialy in the first minutes of playing.

I can tell the map is still loading altho im already walking around.

If it only happend once, id guess you might had some background process (steam?)sucking up on whatever(cpu,hd?) resource, causing this.

I hope i will be able to have one of these boars as my pet in the future, it will make a great spotter.

Seriously, what's their viewrange? 4 heli sites and two bodies later i still didnt catch one

the second i spot it, its already long gone :D

Edited by halp

I sometimes get that on my very low end laptop, especialy in the first minutes of playing.

I can tell the map is still loading altho im already walking around.

If it only happend once, id guess you might had some background process (steam?)sucking up on whatever(cpu,hd?) resource, causing this.

Never had this problem before. It happened about 20 minutes into my session. I could hear my CPU go into overdrive, and it stopped right after I left the server and alt-tabbed out of the lobby.

edit: Went for a new session on a new private server, same story only now it took about 10 minutes.

edit 2: Added some photos for a visual reference. This is northern Berezino.

Pic 1: Doors are opened, despite appearances.

10974739_10206167325205115_6184911714894

Pic 2: I have become the zombie, for I now glitch through doors!

11017667_10206167325485122_4986066522495

Pic 3: It is as if the hangar was never there...

11012917_10206167324685102_9175016562556

Edited by Sacha

I noticed the settings from before have resulted in significantly decreased performance on my machine as well. Not a huge deal since I can always turn the detail down a bit here and there... 

And to elaborate a bit on the statement- I don't have fraps or a fps counter at the top of my screen. But in the hundreds of hours of playing I can tell when the machine is touching the brakes. 

I know- it's objective feedback like that that makes the game better, right? No, I know... but I'm seeing an impact nonetheless. 

Well, I just tried again, the worst of it seems to have subsided but I still get a lot less performance than before.

Has anyone found attachable pouches for plate carrier and nato or east supressors in 0.54 stable? I dont understand do they in or dont.

My FPS is usually pretty poor anyway, but in recent patches my graphics are truly awful with grass textures popping in and out and blurry, blocky textures on my player model. Is this being caused by the .54 patch issues. I used to get decent graphics on my laptop with an i7 processor and 16gb of ram....

Dozens?

Look at this bro!

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=247

And just to let everyone know.

I recently purchased  a tool to calculate the Volltage of any item we do have at home.

Actually intense playing on DAYZ is taking around 360 Watt per hour, and it's the most demanding game by WATT usage compared to many other most recent and demanding games.

Not any other game is pushed quite to the limit as DAYZ is doing, and might be a game that can burn out a pc part like the CPU and GPU if stressed very well and noot cooled properly. Since 0,47 we are getting performance worse and worse.

Gj Dean to let us at this...

Edited by GunnyITA
  • Like 1

Found atlas bipod and pistol suppressor in residential building. Also any word on attachment retrieval?

Dozens?

Look at this bro!

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=247

And just to let everyone know.

I recently purchased a tool to calculate the Volltage of any item we do have at home.

Actually intense playing on DAYZ is taking around 360 Watt per hour, and it's the most demanding game by WATT usage compared to many other most recent and demanding games.

Not any other game is pushed quite to the limit as DAYZ is doing, and might be a game that can burn out a pc part like the CPU and GPU if stressed very well and noot cooled properly. Since 0,47 we are getting performance worse and worse.

Gj Dean to let us at this...

Lawl do you know how to read Gunny? That page show's about 1,500 people from THE START OF ALPHA IN 2013 who have had fps problems, to let you know (since all you like to do is shit talk and act smart yet never actually come to feasible conclusions) and only about 30 of those reports have been reported in the past two months lawl !! We know people have fps problems so stop acting like a little bitch and just report your Findings to the bug tracker , it's helped 1,422 people and it will eventually help you !

Whenever you come around to these forums I'm like : "aww shit not this guy again all he ever does is talk shit and act like a child ! " .. I can't wait for you to go into hiding again like you do after about 15 or so shit posts !!!