SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.54 Discussion

People are moaning about losing their weapon attachments? 

I was greeted with a full character wipe on my server when I had a fully kitted AKM.

There's been an unofficial private hive wipe. Just don't play or log into private hive servers where you have characters, as we might get a rollback and get them back. (Just like Eugene said about attachments)

So has their been any confirmation that the private hive reset was supposed to happen?

LOL, never mind, just noticed that there was something posted just before this.  I guess I aint playing tonight then

Edited by snipe05

Investigating the Private hive issues, and attachments. Know why they probably happened. Gonna come back here tommorow.

Eugen, if a player had an attachment inside their inventory and moved an item to the reserved slot (the place where the attachment should have been) and then the attachments were restored, what would happen?

Also if one adds new attachments to their weapon, what would happen? 

Do we have to worry?

Edited by Yazar8

HUGE problem for me - I can't make splints. No matter how many times I spam it I'm stuck with a broken arm. F11 used to do the trick but that's been fixed, and holding w does nothing any more. I have no choice but to stop playing until this is fixed :( Can anyone comment? Also, I can't suicide with f11 any more for some reason.

Kind of saddened by the news of only one person being able to get into the cargo of a V3S.

HUGE problem for me - I can't make splints. No matter how many times I spam it I'm stuck with a broken arm. F11 used to do the trick but that's been fixed, and holding w does nothing any more. I have no choice but to stop playing until this is fixed :( Can anyone comment? Also, I can't suicide with f11 any more for some reason.

About the splints , try and keep one of the needed ingredients on the ground , and one in your inventory somewhere ..: for some reason I couldn't make a splint until i dropped the stick out of my inventory and combined it with a rag from my inventory.

Kind of saddened by the news of only one person being able to get into the cargo of a V3S.

I'm not getting into a truck again until they've fixed the bug (When its parked clipping an object) where it kills you instantly when you open the door..  Lost a Ghillie suit to that :(

Is the bipod working and spawning for the mosin in this update?

I saw one in a civilian house... I'm assuming it works again but at least we know they spawn .

Are all the Long Range Scopes gone from our inventories? Can anyone confirm? I lost both on Hardcore and Regular.

- Weapon degradation.
- Suppressor degradation.

Why? Stupid worrisome mechanics that no tacticool KOS types wanted.

Here I fixed that for you.

• Like 2

Are all the Long Range Scopes gone from our inventories? Can anyone confirm? I lost both on Hardcore and Regular.

All weapon attachments are gone. But they are working to restore them.

Crucially, you may need to leave the necessary space in your inventory...?

There's been an unofficial private hive wipe. Just don't play or log into private hive servers where you have characters, as we might get a rollback and get them back. (Just like Eugene said about attachments)

Meh, I'm not too fussed. Got a decent amount of loot tonight already. Found a 1911 with pistol silencer so I'm happy, lol. Now all I need is the mag...

I confirm fps boost in Cherno, but my AKM now nude  > :( Thx for saving mags at least.

That's all you need anyway :P

Meh, I'm not too fussed. Got a decent amount of loot tonight already. Found a 1911 with pistol silencer so I'm happy, lol. Now all I need is the mag...

Well, I have about 9 different characters on private hives, so I just hope I can get some of them back for event and roleplay issues, but I don't mind starting over. It's part of DayZ.

• Like 1

Well, I have about 9 different characters on private hives, so I just hope I can get some of them back for event and roleplay issues, but I don't mind starting over. It's part of DayZ.

Ahh that's a pain! Only private server I play on at the moment is my own, so wasn't too much of an issue for me.

• Like 1

- Random desync.

- Random client crashes.

- Random server crashes.

Why is this making it into stable isn't this is what exp is for ?

It is, but until we get further on into development, issues like this will most likely still occur. If released builds had to be completely free of issues like these, there most likely wouldn't be Stable branch updates on a monthly basis.

• Like 5

My Private Shard characters are right where I left them. 

I slept with my lucky jockstrap on. 

• Like 1

Can someone explain the reason behind Launch Options on 0.54 and are we gonna be able to put them back soon as with my old PC I need every possible FPS squeeze. Gonna check the patch tomorrow when they hopefully bring back the attachments. Have PSO-1 on my AKM and it's only my second one so far in 300 hours.

Reports from friends losing characters to that memory wipe. Hope that's not too common doesn't look like it based on the comments...

I can't sharpen my axe with a stone anymore...

Also notice an FPS drop, but not significant.

I've never seen players lagging as much as I've seen tonight. Same server I'm always on, players warping back and forward.

I can barely play for 15-20 minutes before i get a Low Memory warning in Windows, and then not long after it crashes to desktop with a dayz error. Pretty annoying. I understand this is Alpha, but performance has definitely regressed since previous patch. I've removed all the startup command line options.