Sign in to follow this  
irl-calibre

Here, Devs, a word in your shell like..

just so you know, sitting looking a black fucking screen saying you are unconscious for 30 minutes isn't really "fun" when you only have a limited game time, know what I mean? shit game mechanic right there.

Edited by Calibre

While reading about such a situation gave me a brief smile and a little chuckle even escaped my mouth, I feel for you man.  I completely understand.

Just go towards the light...

I did on Wed 25 @ 01:03  I fell unconscious @ around 00:35, dying of thirst and less than  150 meters from a water source, so you know, I thought it was worth hanging in there.. fucking game.

• Like 1

The trick is not giving a shit about your gear. Everything is more enjoyable with this mentality. Hit that respawn button!

• Like 1

It's Bohemia Interactive's fault that you didn't choose to respawn five minutes into unconsciousness?

• Like 7

pffftt, as bad as combat logging imo.  

Safe to say that if you're still KO after 30 minutes, you're no longer a combatant.

• Like 5

Safe to say that if you're still KO after 30 minutes, you're no longer a combatant.

still doesn't change the fact its a shit game mechanic.

still doesn't change the fact its a shit game mechanic.

ist funny...and your post made it even more funny. Maybe you should have been more carefull :P

I did on Wed 25 @ 01:03  I fell unconscious @ around 00:35, dying of thirst and less than  150 meters from a water source, so you know, I thought it was worth hanging in there.. fucking game.

I can only assume this is trolling.

I can only assume this is trolling.

no it's not, it's exactly how it happened, I thought the server was probably going to reset at 1 and I didn't know if that was going to kill me, is it the same as disconnecting? any way I exsanguinated at 01.03

players need to be given more information of their situation, if you are on a short unconscious timer tell them they are "you are unconscious" = anything from 30secs - 10 minutes, if the player is on a long timer tell them "you are unlikely to regain consciousness without assistance" meaning it could be anything from 10minutes until death. Just don't leave them sitting looking at a black fucking screen, it's a game.

• Like 1

no it's not, it's exactly how it happened, I thought the server was probably going to reset at 1 and I didn't know if that was going to kill me, is it the same as disconnecting? any way I exsanguinated at 01.03

players need to be given more information of their situation, if you are on a short unconscious timer tell them they are "you are unconscious" = anything from 30secs - 10 minutes, if the player is on a long timer tell them "you are unlikely to regain consciousness without assistance" meaning it could be anything from 10minutes until death. Just don't leave them sitting looking at a black fucking screen, it's a game.

If you've managed to fall unconscious due to thirst, you have bigger issues than the unconscious screen. I can't imagine anyone that is unable to feed and hydrate themselves had anything worth holding on to that they wouldnt click respawn immediately.

• Like 2

Don't bring in Vent, or TS, or local chat other then mumbling for food and water, same with being shot you might cry in agony. The OP has a good argument. I've been there before and sat and watched the screen. I thought that .22 is gold didn't want to lose it, didn't have bullets nothing. broken 2 legs from zombies sitting on the tracks crawling. then I fell unconscious and waited. Told the guys hey on Vent its been roughly 30 minutes when do I get up? they just laughed you didn't hang on that long did you? hit esc and re spawn.. But ill lose everything.

Then I realized I was a NOOBie!

blah never thought I would hear my own words!

Aw, i once fell unconcious due to starvation aswell. I was with a group of survivors i met a few minutes earlier. We took a trip to the new prison island.

I was constantly getting disconected so i ignored my hungry status in order to catch up with them. As we started swimming over, i started dying of starvation.

Just when we reached the wooden dock, i collapsed. Last words i heard were "dont worry, dont respawn, i have a saline bag!"

In one momment of my unconciousness i got back my hearing and i could see my quickbar for a few seconds, than it went back to full black and silence again.

I waited for around 20 minutes then i hit respawn in case any of the survivors i met is still trying to wake me up.

I fell unconscious @ around 00:35, dying of thirst and less than  150 meters from a water source, so you know, I thought it was worth hanging in there.. 

What, in case the water source came to you?

If you go unconcious the only thing that is going to save you is a friend, in which case you know they are coming and it's worth waiting for, or a random stranger who just happens to be friendly and also has a saline bag on them.  The chance of that happening is so slim that it's really not worth waiting for.  However, the fact that the game lets you make that decision of whether to wait in vain hope or just respawn is a good thing.

For what it's worth, I once waited 27 minutes for a friend to try and bring me back from unconciousness before we decided to call it a day, but that's was my choice and I'm glad the game let us try it (we only failed because we didn't understand the mechanics at the time)

What, in case the water source came to you?

If you go unconcious the only thing that is going to save you is a friend, in which case you know they are coming and it's worth waiting for, or a random stranger who just happens to be friendly and also has a saline bag on them.  The chance of that happening is so slim that it's really not worth waiting for.  However, the fact that the game lets you make that decision of whether to wait in vain hope or just respawn is a good thing.

For what it's worth, I once waited 27 minutes for a friend to try and bring me back from unconciousness before we decided to call it a day, but that's was my choice and I'm glad the game let us try it (we only failed because we didn't understand the mechanics at the time)

you can regain  consciousness without the help of another player, it's completely random how long you are out for the game decides. my point is you should be given some kind of indication what timer you are on so you can make a choice based on your situation instead of just being left in limbo.  it's a shit mechanic the way it's implemented, I know Rocket used to cum in his pants over it , like it was the greatest addition to gaming ever, but it should just leave with him or be addressed in some manner that is more satisfactory if it is to continue. 

you can regain consciousness without the help of another player, it's completely random how long you are out for the game decides. my point is you should be given some kind of indication what timer you are on so you can make a choice based on your situation instead of just being left in limbo. it's a shit mechanic the way it's implemented, I know Rocket used to cum in his pants over it , like it was the greatest addition to gaming ever, but it should just leave with him or be addressed in some manner that is more satisfactory if it is to continue.

It's not completely random guy , have you been playing the game at all ? You do know that when you FALL UNCONCIOUS BECAUSE OF STARVATION OR THIRST YOU WILL NOT GET BACK UP.. The only chance you have of coming back from unconcious is If you were attacked/shot and your shock meter (unseen determination of mental health somewhat denominated by damage taken )is low enough and have enough blood to wake back up, but why would you assume you could wake up from a thirst induced coma ?

Just hit respawn if you don't wake up after 2 minutes , that's generally what people do when you don't have assistance from another .. Only wait for it if you fell unconcious from a bullet or a bludgeoning , never wait for it if you fell unconcious from lack of food or water (but you actually can under very special circumstances wake up , but only if you somehow had these conditions: bright green hydrated , and starving , or bright green energized and dark red thirsty ... This combo usually induces some sort of glitch on characters that allows them to wake up from hunger/thirst induced comas , but this hasn't happened to me since about .32 branch, so I'm assuming it was a bug).

strange how I have got back up from passing out from Hunger and Thirst of my own accord Grapefruit Kush so sorry your talking out your hoop..

strange how I have got back up from passing out from Hunger and Thirst of my own accord Grapefruit Kush so sorry your talking out your hoop..

Replay or it didn't happen (TM, Copyright World of Tanks forums)

• Like 2

So once I was going to meet with my friend Zyryanoff from the forums to see his military tent. When I entered the tent I saw his friend laying at the ground. He said he was starving or dying from thirst.

check pulse. He had a weak pulse.

I first tried to resufficate him by using my hands. It didn't work. We gave him food and water but Ot didn't work. I used two epipens on him, he woke once and went down again.

Got saline, used it and he woke up the same second.

You will go unconscious if the shock value you have passes the curreny blood value. You can wake up from this.

About blood loss, thirst hunger. If your blood is below 500 you would need a blood bag or saline bag. If your blood is below 500 you are unlikely to get up on your own.

The mechanic is awesome but again a placeholder just like evreverything at this game.

I first tried to resufficate him by using my hands. It didn't work. 

-emphasis mine-

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I know what you actually mean, but that up there is FUNNY.

• Like 2

-emphasis mine-

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I know what you actually mean, but that up there is FUNNY.

Oh lol fuck, I forgot the word what wrote there right now.