Sign in to follow this  
godwise2

Thunderstorm weather effects / Realistic weather.

What should be implemented down the road is weather that is constantly moving and changing. Not just weather that is based off servers location - i think that is how it works at the moment, from what a friend said. - 
And said weather can cause damage to your bases, like strong winds, or lightning, and rain. 
Or just have a tornado crash right over it and nearly destroy it.
That being said lightning itself should have a low chance to strike objects-trees, roofs-/players during a thunderstorm and either kill them or just damage them and their items.
Then have like cold fronts, hot fronts, all of that weathery mess just to make the game more demanding and have the need of actually bunking down with a base that can survive the weather elements.
And depending on how a cold front / hot front hit each other they could form a tornado just like real life.

Do you seriously think, that a tornado would occur often on a 256km² patch of land, in russia....? Nope, it doesn't, the chances you see a tornado are pretty slim. So Implementing that in Dayz, seems pretty useless to me.

Also, it's /just/ a zombie apocalypse, not the end of the earth. It's not like the weather or climate suddenly changed and gigantic storms occur forcing you to dig your base in and hope for that small chance that you survive. Just sayin'....

• Like 3

OK I like this idea but her I what I think it should be.

Oks-soft snowfall, soft to moderate hail(it won't kill you),wind.

Certain location on map or if a new location is added that fits it-greater snowfall, extreme windyness,flodding(no tsunami crap just rivers lakes getting a little bigger when it rains hard.

Meh maybe-blizzard(only occurs a in a few months in the year)

No-tornadoe, hurricane,tsunamis, volcanic eruptions, any destructive weather.

• Like 1

I am not saying anything like that at all really, i am just saying Realistic weather should be implemented and the chances of a tornadoe would be vast.

Edited by Godwise

I am not saying anything like that at all really, i am just saying Realistic weather should be implemented and the chances of a tornadoe would be vast.

i see but tornadoes aren't very good in the environment blizzard is more realistic in certain areas in cherneas.
  • Like 1

i see but tornadoes aren't very good in the environment blizzard is more realistic in certain areas in cherneas.

True, True and i mainly just put tornado in this as a reference.

Only "serious" weather effects I can imagine appearing are Hurricanes, Heavy Rain storms and severe flooding, maybe severe snow fall. Tornado's and Tsunami's are a bit far fetched in my honest opinion.

As if weather should damage your base considering how hard that would be to maintain in the first place with all the maggots trying to break into it ? Other than that more detailed weather effects would be more than welcome I think