Sign in to follow this  
gaweu

Weapon spawns

22 members have voted

1. 1. Magazines/clips spawns next to weapons ( even with 1-2 bullets inside )

• Yes
    • No
    • Im afraid it will ruin the game

I know that this topic was made 1000 times etc but if You would just make magazines/ammo spawn with the weapons people would enjoy it 100x times more.

If You would just make it that magazine spawns next to weapon with like randomized number of bullets in it with even maximum of 50% of the capacity of the magazine people would still love it even if there would be just 1 or 2 bullets in the gun. 

Lets be honest ( in case dev are afraid of it ) that there is no much guns near spawn points anyway so this game would not change in to death match. People would just have no fun.

Its alpha and i think that this is time that You could just test it out like You do with other stuff. Just give it a go that would even last for 1 - 2 exp patches and see what people thinks about it. Just check other games/mods that are similar to DayZ. People enjoy them more because when You find gun at last You can shoot it. In here when You find gun after few hours people dont feel like they are rewarded. They even probably thinks that its like punishemnt because they wont be able to get magazine with ammo for it anyway.

The magazines can be empty even, it's rather pointless carrying around any semi-auto handgun and having to manually chamber each and every round or having to search for 3 hours for its corresponding magazine.

People would just take the bullets and magazine out of the guns.

Durrhunter is right. And honestly, all you want is one bullet in your pistol to a cap a high geared player and steal his loot. You want easy gear.

And to correct what you say, there are enough weapon spawn points near player spawns, either you just don't know them or you're providing wrong information.
Within five minutes of spawning, I ussually have a weapon, within 15-20 minutes max, I'd have a weapon with the corresponding ammo for it.

• Like 1

OK I like this idea but this should a rarer chance for rifles, shotguns, and even rarer for assault rifles. The pistols should remain at least a 40% to a 25% chance since how hard it is to get a working pistol without chambering one round(it took me six restarts to loot all the fire stations on the map to get a fnx mag for my fnx). Some should stay empty some not fully loaded with ammo and some with full ammo.

As the game currently stands, they should not put magazines in guns imho. Firstly : if its realism you want, the majority of weapons have loaded magazines in them or near them. But many of these weapons will have been used, so the magazine would not be full to start with. Secondly, other survivors who find weapons, will always remove said magazines, either for having magazines and bullets themselves, or to hamper any survivors that find the weapon after them.

Secondly, due to the lack of threats from zombies and climate in the current version, about the only thing to do is find magazines for weapons. Either by looting your favorite places, or hunting for people who might have already found them.

If they add working zombies and make them abundant and actually dangerous to players, then i would say : spawn guns with magazines.

Or : Police/military zombies who carry clips and bullets for weapons, and make them lootable when killed. Gives people a reason to actually go out of their way to kill zombies and gives them some reward for doing so.

Using weapons should in turn trigger more zombies to spawn near you, giving you the possibility of more bullets/magazines, but forcing you to use them as well.

Edited by nillie

Sometimes finding a little bit of ammo with a magazine but I dont see a problem with finding weapons with empty mags.. shit it should be that all combo's are possible... gun with no mag or ammo - gun with mag and lil bit of ammo.. mag with ammo BUT NO FKN GAT -- FFWWOARH PLANET EXPLOODES