Sign in to follow this  
iPlay_Zombies

Servers for Busy people?

When the game first launched, I was just finishing uni and I had quite a bit of spare time. Thats how I managed to rack up around 300 hours in like 3 or 4 months. I would wake up and just play it all day. 

However, I have a job now and it made me realise that I don't have much time for games in general. But I still have an urge to play. The problem is, you can't play DayZ for an hour or two, you HAVE to play for at least 5 or 6 to get anywhere. Getting gear, running from one end to the other and back etc.

Although a lot players, and devs are trying their hardest to eradicate KOS, the reality is that some people like me, don't have the patience or the passion to play it as a true survival game. I play for the adrenaline rush of combat which you just don't get in other games. The risk reward factor among other things makes it incredible to be in a shootout. 

So my suggestion is- why not have servers catered towards different players? RP servers for those that have hours to sink in, explore and survive. And servers that have increased loot or better spawns for people who want to still spend time getting gear, but they are primarily concerned with PVP.

It'll be a tough balance to get right because if you make weapons to available, you won't have the same tense feeling in combat. But I believe it can be achieved. 

It takes me under an hour usually to gather enough gear to take on anyone and anything... not sure why we'd need dedicated servers for increased loot. They're going to get overrun and picked clean by swarms of hoppers anyway. Locusts are a very fitting analogy for what will befall those servers...

• Like 1

Because this is exactly what makes DayZ special. Take that away and you just have another a FPS. You should try Arma 3 it is great for the casual fling. 

• Like 2

When the game first launched, I was just finishing uni and I had quite a bit of spare time. Thats how I managed to rack up around 300 hours in like 3 or 4 months. I would wake up and just play it all day.

Haaha me too ! i had literally just finished an 18 month course when I got the mod..I was really happy i got after finishing studying because it would have set me back for sure .. although i did have a job but only casual so there was so many hours i could play and i tell ya what that game really put my faith back into FPS. 

By the way I completely disagree with your idea for servers :D

Or you can just play a game that is better suited to ur limited time slot for playing games. You know that rush ur talking about? It goes away when u know you can get it all back in 10 minutes.