Sign in to follow this  
BroskyBro

killing new spawns

I keep getting killed before I can get anything, what exactly is the point in wasting ammo on me when I have nothing and I'm trying to avoid you? Are there points or something awarded for killing people?

They'll give you the excuse that you have nothing to lose- but that's trumped if you are actually trying to avoid them. 

Then they'll say they're bored. 

Unfortunately we all find fun in our own way. Mine would be to help you- others to hurt you. It's the game... if everyone were like me it'd be REALLY boring. 

• Like 4

It isn't exactly easy to avoid bandits who likely have plenty of experience (survived going to the north/east for gear and back) in spotting people. Especially not in the middle of wide-open towns with coastal backdrops. "No matter how well you hide or move, you always have a crosshair on you."

Remember that? It applies just as well to newspawns who have no real way of avoiding snipers, especially when they can only go 3 ways, all 3 of which aren't gonna get them further away from a bandit sniper.

enjoy the text wall, ENO. you've earned it.

Edited by The Aquatic Land Walrus

Because shooting at people with nothing to lose is the most merciful form of target practice. 

They are actually doing you a favor, they are teaching you to be a little wary about your fellow survivors, while you still haven't got much to lose. They are also teaching you to run for cover and to zig-zag and how to die repeatedly. 

• Like 2

The longer you go without becoming a murderer the more satisfying it is when you finally meet another neutral survivor.

I try to gain a vantage point when I engage someone new and then I often offer food or a trade if it looks like they have less gear than I or about the same.

I always try to speak before firing on another player.

This leaves me open to a variety of experiences and sometimes leads to me getting attacked or killed.

• Like 2

I keep getting killed before I can get anything, what exactly is the point in wasting ammo on me when I have nothing and I'm trying to avoid you? Are there points or something awarded for killing people?

Hi Bro, it was covered countless times, still, plz lemme try 2 put it real simple:

some certain individuals want to kill you regardless, not even to eat you. They want to kill you, plain and blunt, and nothing else, never.

Why, you could ask, is that?

Well its really simple: they have very specific genetic predisposition, which leads to very specific brain chemistry,

which manifest itself as combination of narcissistic personality disorder, clinical sadism, psychopathy, and Machiavellianism.

There is no cure. They play very specific role in human society IRL. Some of them became pedophile serial rapists and killers.

You can end it, only to put bullet in their head. Literally. In game, ofc.

There is nothing DayZ specific. Its like this in any PvP MMO.

On symptomatic level they have urge to kill sadistically to satisfy that craving. If they not, it burns them inside with great pain.

Nothing else helps them to feel good about themselves, no sedatives, no street drugs, no sex, no drinks, nothing, not even suppress it a little.

On the other hand, most of them cowards, they kill you only in safe controlled environment for them, when you completely helpless.

They value their life, not like other criminals, like psycho murderers.

So just keep whole situation in mind, and develop some skills to deal with it, you can not avoid it.

GL with happy playing, and meet with good ppl. There are some, no doubt, like heroes and such.

Hope it helps. Sorry if it was offensive in any way, that was not intention.

Sometimes people just find a gun they have never used before, and want to see how much damage and effect it has on other players, as killing zombies isn't exactly a good way to find out. Killing a fresh spawn is the easiest way to do this, as it shows how much bullets u need to kill a fellow human, without the risk of said human shooting back. Its also easier to live with i guess, as opposed to going out and seeking a fully geared good guy player who has accumulated hours of gear searching, and then shooting him in the back.

These people tend to forget that shooting at a guy in t-shirt is completely different from shooting at a guy with a press vest and ballistic helmet who is shooting back at you with a bigger gun.\

And some people just have their own reasons that you cant hope to understand.

Edited by nillie

Hi Bro, it was covered countless times, still, plz lemme try 2 put it real simple:

some certain individuals want to kill you regardless, not even to eat you. They want to kill you, plain and blunt, and nothing else, never.

Well its really simple: they have very specific genetic predisposition, which leads to very specific brain chemistry,

which manifest itself as combination of narcissistic personality disorder, clinical sadism, psychopathy, and Machiavellianism.

There is no cure. They play very specific role in human society IRL. Some of them became pedophile serial rapists and killers.

On symptomatic level they have urge to kill sadistically to satisfy that craving. If they not, it burns them inside with great pain.

Nothing else helps them to feel good about themselves, no sedatives, no street drugs, no sex, no drinks, nothing, not even suppress it a little.

On the other hand, most of them cowards, they kill you only in safe controlled environment for them, when you completely helpless.

So just keep whole situation in mind, and develop some skills to deal with it, you can not avoid it.

GL with happy playing, and meet with good ppl. There are some, no doubt, like heroes and such.

eat me? what? lol

There's actually quite a few people like me with psychopathic personality structures, who play DayZ in order to roleplay a friendly and unselfish person. 

Please don't stereotype.

• Like 3

eat me? what? lol

Yes, eat you. No jk. You may want to check DayZ SA wiki, perhaps.

You can be killed, skinned, your meat can be carved from your dead body, cooked, and eaten for water, energy and blood.

So when alive, you are nothing but walking meat bag. Its a DayZ SA game feature, cannibalism.

But please tell us, did you get the point, you asked, about killing you as new fresh spawn?

Did we, DayZ collective, explained it well, do you have grasp on the situation now, better than before?

Yes, eat you. No jk. You may want to check DayZ SA wiki, perhaps.

You can be killed, skinned, your meat can be carved from your dead body, cooked, and eaten for water, energy and blood.

So when alive, you are nothing but walking meat bag. Its a DayZ SA game feature, cannibalism.

But please tell us, did you get the point, you asked, about killing you as new fresh spawn?

Did we, DayZ collective, explained it well, do you have grasp on the situation now, better than before?

Well, yeah I guess, that's nasty. What I basically got: people eat each other, jerks "testing" weapons on people that just spawned, and just to make people mad. lol 

There's actually quite a few people like me with psychopathic personality structures, who play DayZ in order to roleplay a friendly and unselfish person. 

Please don't stereotype.

Thank you. I don't think, I did, at the very least, that was not an intention.

I am talking about very specific combination, known as Black Tetrad  (aka  Dark Tetrad).

Those Black Tetrad people are MMO KoSers, and public forums trolls, while a few, they cause many unpleasant problems for all the rest.

What they do is pain transfer, from them to all of us, causing massive damage.

It is very unfair, and casual and hardcore players, and honest forum posters suppose to be protected from them.

Until we do, all I am trying, is to raise public awareness.

Ofc, in DayZ, as in any public PvP MMO, all sorts of people are present, with all sorts of personalities structures, yes there are many,

with all sorts of contributions and personal problems, no doubt about it.

As of me, personally, I do roleplay as Epic DayZ Hero, California Ranger.

Eradicate all evil doers, and friendly to all good people. Build Sanctuary Outpost and all that.

Like recently I was on Prison Island, did try communicate, was shot, guy did combat log on me. I survived huh.

As for Black Tetrad people, I do have first hand experience.

I was in psycho ward for some time, suicide prevention center, working with patients, helping to cope.

I do believe I have saved a few lives, rape victims. And was not able too a few also.

After some time I just lost it, and quit. I am not proud for what I did. I was really desperate at the time. I have got some scientific info I was looking for.

Why I was there, and what I was doing, thats very different story.

Nope, no point, no reward other than making you wait another 30 seconds to play the game. This won't happen all the time, and to be honest, you're more likely to be killed by another fresh spawn than a particulary geared player. If two of you spawn in around the same time, it's a race to the farming ho for survival.

A few of my friends and I like to play something we call "pistol n jeans". We stash our gear on a persistent server and then find jeans, trainers and a new spawn looking jacket. We put an fnx or cr75 in our jeans with spare ammo/clip in the jacket, and then head to a fresh spawn location. Key is not to have a backpack or a melee weapon on your back as people never then really see you as a threat.

More often than not someone will come along, and hold us up, begin to start their toture routine and at that point we quickly whip out a pistol and pop them in the head. It's fun and worth trying sometime.

Edited by McTabish

I prefer to run science experiments on people that I catch. Or do the break your legs, restrain you, burlap sack and leave a morphine down the road or on the other side of an AF with all of your gear.

Just got to catch me in the right mood.

GL and HF out there.