Sign in to follow this  
GregzTheGreat

Music in DayZ?

Do you think there will ever be music in DayZ for you to choose to have either on or off? Such as main menu music, or ambience when in the forests?

Possibly have a music change when engaging in combat with other people? Not to the extent where people could have their positions revealed because of someone else nearby just heard their music stop / change, but maybe music could be incorporated in such a way where it simply provides an additional amount of atmospheric enjoyment to what the full game is sure to accomplish?

• Like 1

I hope the extent rests with the ingame radio stations/radios down the road.  I personally do not care for menu music etc, I find it drives me nuts majority of the time.  I know in July 2013, we had applicants file to run ingame radio stations, my hopes is this surfaces again further in development.

FF to 12:20.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 2

I don't think atmospheric music fits the game, in my opinion. Ambiance (nature sounds, etc.) have always existed to an extent and are becoming more varied and more prevalent in 0.54. I do think having the option for radios would be good, like Steak suggested.

• Like 1

I hope the extent rests with the ingame radio stations/radios down the road.  I personally do not care for menu music etc, I find it drives me nuts majority of the time.  I know in July 2013, we had applicants file to run ingame radio stations, my hopes is this surfaces again further in development.

FF to 12:20.

It's interesting to think this was 2 years ago. A lot has changed with the interface, it's my first time seeing anything different to what exists now.

Looks like radio stations are the closest we'll get, and I think that's a perfect way for it to be in this type of game, in DayZ's specific atmosphere. Having a creepy song playing in a house, not truly knowing if someone is there or not could be a fantastic addition, as well as other types of music to suit different scenarios.

Please no music. It's a simulation. It wouldn't fit to the gameplay and would quickly become annoying.

Radios with local eastern european music would fit well though.

• Like 1

DayZ is suppose to resemble an apocalypse, where would the magical music be coming from? This falls in line with people wanting floating name tags and global chat. None of those fit the setting that DayZ is trying to achieve.

• Like 1

Radios would be good (and not too difficult to implement?)

1. Cheesy euro-pop

2. Traditional Chernarussian folk tunes

3. Panicky military-type chatter

4. Selected Ambient Works Vol 2 by Aphex Twin.

• Like 3

Radios would be good (and not too difficult to implement?)

1. Cheesy euro-pop

Sorry for going off topic, this totally reminded me of The Forest hidden cassette #1 confused the absolute shite out of me whilst playing. 

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 1

4. Selected Ambient Works Vol 2 by Aphex Twin.

This. Haha!  :P

• Like 1