TSGN7

A (Former) Good Guy at the End of his Patience's Rant

Losing faith....

I think once you understand and come to the conclusion that the SA when it comes to random players is pretty much survival of the fittest and in some cases sheer ass hat behavior, the better off you will be in game. Sure there are nice players....sure....cough cough...but there the minority. Come on really. Do you really think for a second that a game with no rules, no score board, a crap ton of guns and no accountability, that every one is going to just run around and pass out flowers to each other? Come on really?? What the hell.

What do you expect people to do. Its a game...and has no rules. Its a prefect storm for players to be complete dicks to each other. I don't expect any random player to ever be nice. There just not. I large portion of players that play are players who like shooter games like cod, arms, counter strike ECT ECT. THEY LIKE SHOOTING OTHER PLAYERS! What do you expect.

Its the nature of the game. It is not everyone cup of tea. I will say I don't blame players for taking breaks, or even people who find out its something they don't like and move on. Its cool. I completely understand people wanting a social game were people are nice. Dayz people tend to be dickish, ass holes in game. On top of that its unforgiving and perma death. Its also in development and on its best day is corky and kind of fun game, on its worst day it ha broken mechanics, lag and death bugs. I can see it being extremely frustrating for players that have no idea what there getting into.

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

Many of our guys went KOS because of these reasons. I don't play public all that much because I keep getting killed by these scripters. I kill many of them too, and it feels really good. When it comes to fresh spawns I trust them even less then fully geared players.

But I like PVP so I play the game, not Farmville like some want it to be. Sorry but I feel some of us are split down the middle on what the game is suppose to be like.

Remove pvp and your community splits and plays something else. Ill bet you $$ on this.

So if you don't want to be killed look for a private PVE, RP game. Do not openly go to public and expect not to die by the axe. The more that populate the private, whitelisted servers you will have admins helping guide the server. They want fair game play either PVP or PVE.

I feel its your fault for playing in the wrong servers knowing fair well someone wants to pvp and you don't.

Just saying!

Why can't the PVP enthusiasts be made to go on the private servers?  This game was advertised as an open world, cooperative zombie survival experience.  My experience so far has been more of a Rural Human Hunter: Murder Simulator 2015 type experience.  Go play fukkin Arma for Crissake! It is the same game, except it is not full of easy targets who just want to find a tent and go hunt and camp in the woods.  I'm on the verge of turning into the same kind of asshat as 90% of the players I've met in game.  And that's the problem: shitty playstyles that do nothing more than ruin someon else's recreational time.  I can shoot anyone I see as well, I've been trying very hard not to, but I'm at the end of my patience.  Poor behavior is contaigious.

• Like 1

People like that give us Bandits a bad name. What a cowardly act

This game is rife with cowardly acts.  

If one were to make a sociological study out of the player population as a whole the conclusion would be a dead obvious truism:  when a population is suddenly put on a level playing field (i.e. resources, status, physical capabilities) human interaction will settle into a pattern of those "wishing to have more" maliciously preying upon those who haven't discovered the the will or desire to want more.  Human nature is, I believe, inherently enthropic (tending toward disorder and imbalance).  

Also, in a way the term coward becomes irrelevant because it is defined by its opposite, heroism...  and when everyone is forced into equal opportunity the need for heroism is lost.  The place for heroism in the game only returns when the cowardly, selfish KOSers make life for the others unbearable.  But since any fresh spawn is easily capable of getting the same guns, gear, etc. as the KOSers there is no systemic class of "downtrodden" for the wannabe hero to save.

This is why I probably won't play the game until the full release.

It's just not fun I've played 150-200 hours and have only had neutral interactions with people at best. By neutral I mean two fresh spawns that don't attack each other or particularly help each other.

I just don't see why people enjoy shooting any and everyone like every other casual FPS game out there this is supposed to be different but the players ruin the experience if you don't just want PVP and that only.

Without players who killed on sight, there would be no terror when you run head first into another player. Remember that our deaths to the unenlightened make them happy in the moment. Think of giving your life as giving a gift to the great unwashed masses of Chernarus.

They're getting their kicks on blasting pixels, I say let them. I'll keep trying to get my kicks out of the people I meet, no matter how many times my brains end up on the pavement.

Edited by Mithrawndo
  • Like 2

This game is rife with cowardly acts.

If one were to make a sociological study out of the player population as a whole the conclusion would be a dead obvious truism: when a population is suddenly put on a level playing field (i.e. resources, status, physical capabilities) human interaction will settle into a pattern of those "wishing to have more" maliciously preying upon those who haven't discovered the the will or desire to want more. Human nature is, I believe, inherently enthropic (tending toward disorder and imbalance).

Also, in a way the term coward becomes irrelevant because it is defined by its opposite, heroism... and when everyone is forced into equal opportunity the need for heroism is lost. The place for heroism in the game only returns when the cowardly, selfish KOSers make life for the others unbearable. But since any fresh spawn is easily capable of getting the same guns, gear, etc. as the KOSers there is no systemic class of "downtrodden" for the wannabe hero to save.

There is no honor or anything like that. This is a video game. Most of the shooting of players that goes on in game is players who get the drop on other player 1st before the other player does. Its really that simple. For many players killing other players and pvp is the end game period. The reason because before days they probably played other shooter games were there was a score board or leader board, so they play day z with the same mindset. They don't care if people get butt hurt about it, infact it provides them entertainment. They have the mind set were pvp and shooting other players is the end game.

Its a mind set that many players have that play shooter games. We also at least in a society that if left unchecked and parents don't do there jobs glamorizes violence. I have played with many players in this game, and for most players I have seen survival is not there goal, there goal and end game is pvp. I think its a survival sim, so that's my goal, were pvp is either something I have do to keep survival. I really don't get any satisfaction from it, maybe a rush. Mostly I feel relieved when its over if I live through it.

If you go into this game thinking its a friendly social interaction game, because you saw Morgan freeman or Frankie videos that don't really reflect the reality of the game. My opinion you got a uphill battle, some learning curb hurdles ahead and frustration ahead of you. The game is already hard enough, but not knowing the players who play it makes it worse.

Edited by CJFlint
  • Like 1

Here is a bandit story for you- My friend and I were in Elektro, which is relevant as people are complaining about pvp there, and noticed a fresh spawn. We approached him and told him we were heroes hunting bandits and told him to hide with us in the textile factory or whatever the fuck you call it, some say admin building. We lead him upstairs and put some food on the ground for him. As he began eating, we handcuffed him knowing that he could not run. We then broke his legs, and if you know anything about DayZ you know you can't crawl down stairs while handcuffed with a broken leg. We bandaged him and ran across the street. As expected, within 5 minutes he started screaming for help. Of course, heroes to the rescue by the droves. We shot them all. Every single hero that tried to save this man died while hearing the terrified screams for help or mercy as they faded into oblivion. We waited in Elektro killing all who came to save him until he died of starvation. 

Without players like me this game would be no fun. All videos you see would be of a bunch of hippies sitting around a campfire role playing as long lost hippie brothers. Think about it. 

Edited by VPPTrue

Why can't the PVP enthusiasts be made to go on the private servers?  This game was advertised as an open world, cooperative zombie survival experience.  My experience so far has been more of a Rural Human Hunter: Murder Simulator 2015 type experience.  Go play fukkin Arma for Crissake! It is the same game, except it is not full of easy targets who just want to find a tent and go hunt and camp in the woods.  I'm on the verge of turning into the same kind of asshat as 90% of the players I've met in game.  And that's the problem: shitty playstyles that do nothing more than ruin someon else's recreational time.  I can shoot anyone I see as well, I've been trying very hard not to, but I'm at the end of my patience.  Poor behavior is contaigious.

Yup notice my PVP server? its private for this reason and whitelisted. I want it to turn into a war zone.

The reason I hate to play on Public, and its really unfair to all those that just want to PVP or PVE is the invisible axe guys running around. Its very difficult to play under those conditions if you want to PVE, or PVP. You cant simply be left alone to play the game either as a bandit or a good person.

I joined up with another server admin, and we combined our servers Master, Slave. Master is Roll playing and PVE. If you want to PVP you can jump on over any time you wish.

We are averaging over 10+ users a day signing up through steam. Players want to be left alone or be killing each other off.

I don't want it public because we cant ban them properly.

Simply we let Steam, or Battleye handle the rest.

I can honestly say, its not easy being on a public server. I do recommend a private server, with some admin control. I also recommend servers that enlist by Steam login only. This way any problems the steam VAC ban could be used against those users.

The dayzgameservers.com has a good time helping others, and being left to do their own things. KOS is not open in that server.

However ours its open season. 2 servers combined for all the fun you want.

Is this the type of servers you want? because I am sure there are many out there that do the exact same things as us. Mustygaming comes to mind, and many more.

Disclosure: just last night I got killed in the Vybor MB by an a-hole exploiting the prison floor glitch.  My favorite part of the game is being a fresh spawn so I really didn't care much, but I find hackers and glitchers who put themselves in the position of killing without the possibility of being killed to be complete and utter losers who don't even deserve the love of their own mothers.

That said, this game is augmented by KOSers even if they are very frustrating at times.

Without players who killed on sight, there would be no terror when you run head first into another player. Remember that our deaths to the unenlightened make them happy in the moment. Think of giving your life as giving a gift to the great unwashed masses of Chernarus.

They're getting their kicks on blasting pixels, I say let them. I'll keep trying to get my kicks out of the people I meet, no matter how many times my brains end up on the pavement.

Have to agree with you man.  It's a tough truth but truth nonetheless.  When I describe this game to non-players I say "If you're looking for a game that makes your chest thump this is for you."  The best part is you get lulled into lazy habits by the exorbitant amount of non-action play, so tense moments go off the scale.

If you go into this game thinking its a friendly social interaction game, because you saw Morgan freeman or Frankie videos that don't really reflect the reality of the game. My opinion you got a uphill battle, some learning curb hurdles ahead and frustration ahead of you. The game is already hard enough, but not knowing the players who play it makes it worse.

Lol - Morgan Freeman inspiring youth in ways he never realized.  I agree with you fully.

Here is a bandit story for you- My friend and I were in Elektro, which is relevant as people are complaining about pvp there, and noticed a fresh spawn. We approached him and told him we were heroes hunting bandits and told him to hide with us in the textile factory or whatever the fuck you call it, some say admin building. We lead him upstairs and put some food on the ground for him. As he began eating, we handcuffed him knowing that he could not run. We then broke his legs, and if you know anything about DayZ you know you can't crawl down stairs while handcuffed with a broken leg. We bandaged him and ran across the street. As expected, within 5 minutes he started screaming for help. Of course, heroes to the rescue by the droves. We shot them all. Every single hero that tried to save this man died while hearing the terrified screams for help or mercy as they faded into oblivion. We waited in Elektro killing all who came to save him until he died of starvation. 

Without players like me this game would be no fun. All videos you see would be of a bunch of hippies sitting around a campfire role playing as long lost hippie brothers. Think about it. 

I don't have any problem with your actions in that story - you employed a strategy and caught people in a trap by preying on their predictable, emotion-driven actions.  Any of those "heroes" could have tried to clear the area before helping.  Their choice to throw caution to the wind.  One request though: can you stop graying out your text...  it tough on my aging eyes :/

• Like 1

The amount of buzz this topic hath gained is quite intriguing-personally, I get that DayZ must be violent and filled with slaughter, it's something you expect when you throw down 35 bucks to play it. However friends, in the past 24 hours I've been shot dead for ZERO reason and been forced to restart! Just a couple minutes ago, I was shot in the back of the head by a sniper looking for entertainment. It sucks! Dying in a firefight you started or some other guy started, when you're defending yourself from a bandit, that's quite alright. But three times I've been killed for ZERO. REASON. 

Do I get that KOS is a reality of the game? I do. I might just be bitching, but honestly my opinion on me sounding like a bitch isn't resonating with me now. KOS for no reason SUCKS, and for the former good guys like me who have to KOS other guys just to stay safe (which I apparently can't do either way, frankly I've either been sucking or cheapshotted atrociously), it doubly sucks.

Excuse the rant-it helps cool one's nerves after a third restart with good progress in 24 hours. 

Excuse the rant-it helps cool one's nerves after a third restart with good progress in 24 hours. 

You know what you need?  Get on a low pop, find a truck and drive around the countryside recklessly for a few hours.  Great fun and it takes your mind off Chernarus troubles.   :)

It's a popular thread because its a hot button topic.  Your allowed to rant a bit.

You know what you need?  Get on a low pop, find a truck and drive around the countryside recklessly for a few hours.  Great fun and it takes your mind off Chernarus troubles.   :)

It's a popular thread because its a hot button topic.  Your allowed to rant a bit.

You know why this is so funny good sir? The server I just got shot on has three people; me, my buddy, and the jerk who shot me. In all of the game map, with THREE people, I STILL ran into a sniper and got shot -_- Someone is most certainly out to get me, I'm not paranoid I swear XD

I myself don't believe in KOS. That is what I choose. However I also have common sense and stay away from kill zones and travel stealthily. I hardly ever run into other players. Have I? Of course. Whose fault was it? Mine of course because I f$%#$% up. Do I want to see KOS end? Hell no. Without it my heart wouldn't thump everytime I happen to see another player. I love it. I will never ever feel sympathy for someone who changes who they are. I am a lone wolf friendly player. Period. That is how I play and will always play. My whole goal is to see how long I can survive. Will I kill? Yes, but only if I have to. If someone has the drop on me it is their rules. If someone helps me I appreciate that. I will never ever ever shove it up their arse. I am me and no one will ever cause me to change me into something I'm not. 

Thank you KOSers for making my game phenomenal. Keep on being dicks. Don't ever give up. All your antisocial behavior scares the bejesus out of me.

I am starting to trust nobody apart from those in my teamspeak. 

Try having Star in your TS channel...lol

• Like 1

Yup notice my PVP server? its private for this reason and whitelisted. I want it to turn into a war zone.

The reason I hate to play on Public, and its really unfair to all those that just want to PVP or PVE is the invisible axe guys running around. Its very difficult to play under those conditions if you want to PVE, or PVP. You cant simply be left alone to play the game either as a bandit or a good person.

I joined up with another server admin, and we combined our servers Master, Slave. Master is Roll playing and PVE. If you want to PVP you can jump on over any time you wish.

We are averaging over 10+ users a day signing up through steam. Players want to be left alone or be killing each other off.

I don't want it public because we cant ban them properly.

Simply we let Steam, or Battleye handle the rest.

I can honestly say, its not easy being on a public server. I do recommend a private server, with some admin control. I also recommend servers that enlist by Steam login only. This way any problems the steam VAC ban could be used against those users.

The dayzgameservers.com has a good time helping others, and being left to do their own things. KOS is not open in that server.

However ours its open season. 2 servers combined for all the fun you want.

Is this the type of servers you want? because I am sure there are many out there that do the exact same things as us. Mustygaming comes to mind, and many more.

KOS is a part of the game, but it is so rampant that all other types of gamelay are ruled out.  Even in ridiculously advantaged situations, it is still just a simple interaction of shoot shot die

Commence Rant:

Don't you just love it when you help out someone in DayZ; give them food, a gun, ammo, and send them on their way, just for two kids who shouldn't even be playing DayZ to KOS you from behind and ruin a good day and a half of scavving

Seriously; I might go Bandit, I'm losing my faith in the DayZ community. Sadly, instead of helping you down the line, I may shoot you just to ensure my own safety-too many times does a good soul in DayZ get a bullet to the brain from KOS'ing jerks. For the newer guys reading this; shoot on sight. These days, you have to just to get by. 

Rant Over

I also played the "good guy" for a while, but gave it up after a few months. If you care about your gear, character, etc. you can't be the good guy. The only way I won't KOS another person right now is if I have my gun out and they don't. Given this, I can sleep easy at night knowing there is a 99% chance that the guys I killed would have done the same to me. There is no good way to identify friendly people, because behind that microphone you never know.

h1z1 is worse, the scripters and kos has made everyone KOS. They don't trust a single newbie to an experienced player.

Band of brothers is what you need.

Interesting experience last night that was unusual - could have been KOS but wasn't.  Was server hopping with a group just outside the NWAF tent city and got in first.  After a brief pause I went in at the north entrance with my SKS in hand and was walking around a tank with TAB, so screen was filled with stuff.  Someone brushed by me casually so I figured it was one of my buddies.  Nope.  I turn to see and some guy in a full ghillie suit is walking away from me toward the bunker, no weapon in hand I could see.  He turned around after a few seconds and looked in my direction.so I waved.  He just turned around and kept looking for loot in the bunker, treating me like I was a deer walking near him or something.  I was so confused.

I took off and told the other guys to back off and we all let him have the tent city to himself.  In the back of my mind I guess I thought there must be a few other ones nearby ready to pick me off if I so much as raised my gun.  After all, those wookies are terribly hard to see and my game was apparently not on that night.

Interesting experience last night that was unusual - could have been KOS but wasn't.  Was server hopping with a group just outside the NWAF tent city and got in first.  After a brief pause I went in at the north entrance with my SKS in hand and was walking around a tank with TAB, so screen was filled with stuff.  Someone brushed by me casually so I figured it was one of my buddies.  Nope.  I turn to see and some guy in a full ghillie suit is walking away from me toward the bunker, no weapon in hand I could see.  He turned around after a few seconds and looked in my direction.so I waved.  He just turned around and kept looking for loot in the bunker, treating me like I was a deer walking near him or something.  I was so confused.

I took off and told the other guys to back off and we all let him have the tent city to himself.  In the back of my mind I guess I thought there must be a few other ones nearby ready to pick me off if I so much as raised my gun.  After all, those wookies are terribly hard to see and my game was apparently not on that night.

You must control the wookie population!  Their numbers are rising and almost out of control!  Do your part man!

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, but whatever you do, don't give him an effing loaded gun. -JFK