Sign in to follow this  
IgnobleBasterd

Does swimming still cause one to lose gear?

So I remember trying to swim, one or two update ago, and it resulted in me randomly losing some of my gear as a result. Does this bug still occur in 0.53, ergo do I dare to swim to Prison Island without risking my gear?

Only if you are double carrying. Then you loose whats in your hands to swim.

Wobo posted a video that they had fixed it.

I have swam out and back from the island a few times now and been fine.

Only issue is double carrying a gun.  I went out to the island with a LRS/mosin/Compensator and found an AK74 and a mag out there.  I put the AK on my back and removed the scope/compensator from the Mosin as I was worried that I would lose the gun in my hands, and right enough it was dropped in the sea once I started swimming.

I though a replacement mosin would be easier to find than an Ak + Mag

I remember back in the mod swimming used to make your backpack/items on your back fall off randomly. Think it was an intended feature. Not sure if it happens in Standalone, but I assume so.

I remember back in the mod swimming used to make your backpack/items on your back fall off randomly. Think it was an intended feature. Not sure if it happens in Standalone, but I assume so.

Back in the mod, they turned it into a difficulty setting, you could enable/disable ItemDrop server side.