Yoh272

Attempting to Optimize my PC for best play

Hey everyone I just started playing and I have a crappy laptop that I'm trying to get to run this at the best of it's ability. The information I have at hand is this:

Windows 7 Home Premium

Alienware M11XR2

Intel Core i3 CPU U 330 @ 1.20GHz

4 GB RAM

64-bit Operating System

It's an old computer that's pretty crappy but it plays and I just wanna get the best settings out of it. Unfortunately I know nothing about computers so I figured I would ask. If you have any advice/tips for beefing this setup to as good as it can be I would be very happy. 

Thanks!

Edit 1: And what options to set for in game too!

Edited by Yoh272

Hey everyone I just started playing and I have a crappy laptop that I'm trying to get to run this at the best of it's ability. The information I have at hand is this:

Windows 7 Home Premium

Alienware M11XR2

4 GB RAM

62-bit Operating System

It's an old computer that's pretty crappy but it plays and I just wanna get the best settings out of it. Unfortunately I know nothing about computers so I figured I would ask. If you have any advice/tips for beefing this setup to as good as it can be I would be very happy. 

Thanks!

Everything low, save for texture's (medium) AA-off AF-off PP-off.

for help here: http://dayzintel.com/dayz-guides/dayz-standalone-performance-guide

62 bit operating system? They make them? Unless I am really stupid...Its 32 and 64 right.....?

That 1.2 GHz CPU is gonna give you some headaches

Exactly what I was thinking :( ... I think the simple fact that you got dayz to run on this machine may mean its as optimized as it's going to get (and don't take this as me insulting your computer pls)

Windows 7 Home Premium

Alienware M11XR2

4 GB RAM

62-bit Operating System

Thanks!

I personally have a laptop that may be only slightly better then yours, and I am able to play DayZ at medium/high settings at around 40 fps.

My laptop:

CPU: CORE i3 4010U 1.7Ghz

GPU: Intel HD 4400

RAM: 6GB RAM

Windows 8 64-bit

1366x768 screen resolution

For you, I suggest you upgrade your ram to at least 6, probably 8.

Also, turn all settings to low but then max out the resolution-related ones. That makes the picture look good but wont affect performance too much.

I personally have a laptop that may be only slightly better then yours, and I am able to play DayZ at medium/high settings at around 40 fps.

My laptop:

Windows 8 64-bit

Also, turn all settings to low but then max out the resolution-related ones. That makes the picture look good but wont affect performance too much.

Please help me, my specs are 3.70 Ghz, but I run worse than you. How is this possible, do you have some monster graphics card?

Please help me, my specs are 3.70 Ghz, but I run worse than you. How is this possible, do you have some monster graphics card?

No, no monster GPU here. He says that he has an Intel HD4400 chipset. The 3D capabilities of this hardware are extremely limited.

You can not compare clock frequencies across CPU families, much less among manufacturers, as processor architectures vary wildly. This is the equivalent of telling us that your car is too slow, even though the redline is 6,000RPM. There are too many other variables, about which we have no information.

My laptop:

Windows 8 64-bit

I actually find this quite unbelievable. Can you explain somemore as you may have hit the jackpot?

• Like 1

I actually find this quite unbelievable. Can you explain somemore as you may have hit the jackpot?

You aren't the first one to doubt this, a while back a few people had a similar reaction as you. They didn't believe me so I posted a screenshot.

This isn't the only game that runs surprisingly well on this PC, I can run H1Z1, Defiance, MW2, and a few other higher-end games with pretty good results. I set most of the settings lower, but then set all of the resolution-related settings maxed out, it makes the image look better without effecting performance. Anyway here is a link to the screenshot.

Screenshot

yeah please tell me some tweaks for my desktop i5, 12GB ram and GTX750ti lol, what's the secret setting?? :D

Edited by wooly-back-jack