gg_wolf

Vilayer servers?

Hi guys,

Anyone else's Vilayer Shards or servers for that matter just taken a nose dive roughly an hour ago? 

We just lost access to both our shards and cant see any Vilayer server showing in the server list either?

Thanks in advance for any insight given.

Yeah same here, Status: Unknown. Just sending in a ticket now, see what they are up to. If this mediocre service continues I'm definitely going elsewhere next month.

Sorry don´t know about vilayer we use fragnet and have no problems at all.

Yeah same here, Status: Unknown. Just sending in a ticket now, see what they are up to.

Any response yet? You'd think they'd notify us by Twitter or Fzcebook, but nothing. Even the network information page at thd bottom of their site resolves to 404.

• Like 1

Maybe related to actual DDOS attacks affecting Battleye, EA and SOE servers? I'm just guessing

"We are sorry about the interruption we were working on a scheduled control panel update.

Which has now just revealed the cause of the recent ACP problems which we are now fixed.

We hope to have this fixed very soon." 

Classic Vilayer. It's up and running now. It's not that they take down the server for fixes etc. it's that they don't notify about it at all or just a few hours in advance. 

• Like 2

"We are sorry about the interruption we were working on a scheduled control panel update.

Which has now just revealed the cause of the recent ACP problems which we are now fixed.

We hope to have this fixed very soon." 

Classic Vilayer. It's up and running now. It's not that they take down the server for fixes etc. it's that they don't notify about it at all or just a few hours in advance. 

You are totally right Zarniwoop - It was scheduled so why not sending out a email? :)

• Like 2

We had the same response, but only when quizzed on the matter. Great comms Vilayer, great comms indeed!

• Like 1

Sorry don´t know about vilayer we use fragnet and have no problems at all.

What a helpful post.

But yea, my Vilayer server was down too and had the exact same response from them. If they saw there was a problem with the update, could have at least done a server reboot themselves instead of leaving servers down. Myself and the other admins were out yesterday afternoon, so didn't see until a member sent me a message on Facebook about it.

What a helpful post.

But yea, my Vilayer server was down too and had the exact same response from them. If they saw there was a problem with the update, could have at least done a server reboot themselves instead of leaving servers down. Myself and the other admins were out yesterday afternoon, so didn't see until a member sent me a message on Facebook about it.

I find it indeed helpful to know other providers did not had any issues at that given time.

Fragnet also sends out emails when they do such things or list it in the messages you see when you log in to the server panel.

Find that quite helpful for people that might want to switch to a better GSP or just for general knowledge so they could complain to vilayer stating this knowledge to them.

Fragnet also sends out emails when they do such things or list it in the messages you see when you log in to the server panel.

Find that quite helpful for people that might want to switch to a better GSP or just for general knowledge so they could complain to vilayer stating this knowledge to them.

You seem to be praising them quite a lot. Does it have to do with the fact that you're basically making money with your referral links for them?

I would suggest you calm down on that a little, seeing as it can be considered spam / ads.

• Like 1

I just cancelled my Vilayer server.  I'm done with those yahoo's.  My server has had more issues than I care to type out here, but the general response from Vilayer is "oops, sorry about that.".  I'm looking for a new GSP, and I think it's going to be Fragnet.  Anyone know if public server hosts have access to logs on Fragnet?

We are also with Fragnet, and we have several times considered switching to a different GSP. However, after talking with owners of several other servers and hearing how their GSP works, we decided that Fragnet offers the best service for our needs. Tickets are answered quickly on a general basis, the setup of the server after ordering took merely moments, and we even got a 15% discount through DayZIntel. To put it to you straight; Fragnet are not excellent, they're just better than the rest, and I guess that will have to do.

Anyone know if public server hosts have access to logs on Fragnet?

If public servers are meant to have server logs, they will be available yes.

Edited by Sinnaman

My Vilayer server seems to be being migrated at the moment as per their notice, which is fine, but it's been down for 24 hours now. AFAIK they were just moving it to a brand new box, and with no reply on how long it could potentially be down for, I have a community asking where their server is. 

That's the problem with Vilayer.  They are unresponsive.  Heaven forbid you have a problem on a Friday, you won't get any service until some time on Monday.  That's ridiculous.  

Vilayer charged us for a slave, and took it down saying it was dayz fault and had to move them. We never did get credited for the server or money back. Also they wiped our hive completely.

They also wont get a dime from me again, because they took the money out 7 and 9 days early for slave and master.

Good luck to that type of business practices.

Fragnet seems decent to work with but expensive for an alpha crash

Yea that's a problem if we want to switch. People donated to the server via the grouppay link, so was put in to the server account. We've been invoiced for the server payment next week and they've taken the credited money, so it's going to be fun trying to get that back.