r4z0r49

DayZ Mod Hotfix 1.8.4.1

The ideal place to post bugs is:

https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ/issues

Please make sure they are listed to the DayZ project. Feature requests can also be made through this system.

Full Download:

Client Files: http://se1.dayz.nu/latest/1.8.4.1/@Client-1.8.4.1-Full.rar
Server Files: http://se1.dayz.nu/latest/1.8.4.1/@Server-1.8.4.1-Full.rar

Mission File: http://se1.dayz.nu/latest/1.8.4.1/dayz_1337.chernarus.pbo

DB SQL: http://se1.dayz.nu/latest/1.8.4.1/SQL-1.8.4.rar

Prerequisites:

* [Prerequisites] - Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 x86 Redistributable (http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=8328)

* [Prerequisites] - Battleye Filters must be updated manually by server admins. (https://github.com/D...attleye-Filters)

* [Prerequisites] - Updated to the newest beta using Steam.

Notes

* [server-Admins] - Make sure to remove the temporary mission file we don't wont the old temp system overriding the new one.

Changes:

- [New] - Added new global variable to be used within the mission to disable all player temperature changes, Also shows on journal. This is for admins who do not wont to use the temperature system for the time being.

dayz_temperature_override = false; // Set to true to disable all temperature changes.

- [Fixed] - Fixed zed spawning issue all types of zed should now spawn.
- [Fixed] - Player Temperature has been fixed/updated.
- [Fixed] - Refill of jerrycans at fuel tanks has been moved back to all inventory cans.
- [Fixed] - Scrap Electronics string tables have been fixed.

- [Fixed] - Zed Spawning issue with radius.

Contributing
------------

Want to contribute? Or have we missed your name?
Please contact R4Z0R49 on http://dayzmod.com/forums/

Quick Install Info:

Full

• Download Full Client Files.
  • Navigate to your arma 2 operation arrowhead directory
  • Extract the @Client-1.8.4.1-Full into your arma 2 operation arrowhead directory.
  • To start DayZ use a command line string like the below

Expansion\beta\ARMA2OA.exe -mod=@Dayz;CA;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -noFilePatching -skipIntro -nosplash -noPause -world=Chernarus

Steam

• Right click Arma2: DayZ Mod, select properties.
  • When the window pops up go to the "BETAS" tab
  • Now Select 1.8.4.1 in the drop down box.
  • The files should now should now update
  • Launch as normal
  • Like 6

Zombies panting (out of breath) all the time is intentional or bug?

Zombies panting (out of breath) all the time is intentional or bug?

Bug, just not sure why/how

thx for the quick fix!

really appriciate that you could make it so quick.

Fingers crossed the temp issue is reduced fixed. At least server admins can turn it off for now if there still getting issues :-). Time for some sleep

- [Fixed] - Zed Spawning issue with radius.

What does this mean. was something glitched with the spawning in of zed? I seemed perfect to me.

also is 1.8.4.1 going to be updated on steam?

b6ku3Yp.jpg

Edited by m0tzilla

What does this mean. was something glitched with the spawning in of zed? I seemed perfect to me.

also is 1.8.4.1 going to be updated on steam?

b6ku3Yp.jpg

Steam is already updated

Steam is already updated

weird it's not updated for me. Restarted steam and everything.

EDIT: nevermind. I switched it to none and all is updated and good. Thx.

Vejenil.png

Edited by m0tzilla

Yea really need to ask them to scrap that system for new patch's

I'm having difficulty updating to 1.8.4.1. I've downloaded the files that you posted in the first post, but what next? i've put them in the proper directories but it is still telling me I am running an incorrect version of DayZ even though the server I am trying to join is running 1.8.4.1

EDIT: Nevermind, got it.

Edited by Psilocybin

I heard people say temp loss was still a big problem tonight, but I was out so I didn't get a chance to log in.  I'll try to play this weekend and come back with some feedback.

I heard people say temp loss was still a big problem tonight, but I was out so I didn't get a chance to log in.  I'll try to play this weekend and come back with some feedback.

alright need as much info about it as you can.

Hey! We had well above 30 players playing 1.8.4.1 last night and it was even dark, no complaints from what I have heard!

I asked around my fellow admins and regular players and they all said pretty much the same about the temperature fix; "it's much better! No you don't have to panic as soon as you see your temperature starting to decrease".

Great job!

• Like 1

Hey! We had well above 30 players playing 1.8.4.1 last night and it was even dark, no complaints from what I have heard!

I asked around my fellow admins and regular players and they all said pretty much the same about the temperature fix; "it's much better! No you don't have to panic as soon as you see your temperature starting to decrease".

Great job!

Glad to hear that. A little bit of temperature drop is intended after all.

Great job!

Good news thanks, Lets see how it goes for the weekend. 

I've asked Eugen to clean up the steam system so when you right click you will no longer see a play with beta. Also under the beta tabs all you should find is the legacy versions of dayzMod and maybe a development version.

Not sure when this will happen but hopefully soon

• Like 2

I'm having difficulty updating to 1.8.4.1. I've downloaded the files that you posted in the first post, but what next? i've put them in the proper directories but it is still telling me I am running an incorrect version of DayZ even though the server I am trying to join is running 1.8.4.1

EDIT: Nevermind, got it.

Glad to hear to it!  I saw this today and I sat there for a bit after reading your message trying to figure out something useful/helpful to say to you as I saw the same thing myself on my pc. It just seemed like Steam took care of it with an auto update while I tried to join my 1.8.4.1 server at the time. 

Edited by Barry Dingle

Please Note.

When setting 

dayz_temperature_override = false; the journal will show disabled

dayz_temperature_override = true; the journal will show enabled

this is a mistake it should read the other way around i was in a rush to get the hotfix out before the guys left the office it was my fault

sorry guys.

I have been playing the last few days and can confirm the temperature system work great. It's really adding something to the game and I like it! We could see some campfires burning all around Chernarus yesterday during the night. Great update! Awesome works guys :)

• Like 2

put a few hours in today, loving it. Could seem harsh to some people trying to get warm who aren't geared up correctly though. Few more burning barrels scattered around maybe? especially up north

I dont understand, this is not working for me.

When i click on the links that you posted for both client and server files it started downloading something from osu (another game) for me... that is weird

So i cannot get this new patch

Also I tried using dayz launcher but it just says downloading metadata after i click download and there is a bar, but it never fills up...

Help? thanks.