Sign in to follow this  
raigprime

Any plans for 3PP immersion?

Seems fine how it is now. Classic DayZ is the best DayZ.

Thank you for a nice, on topic response without being provocative; I hate how these things deteriorate.

• Like 1

classic DayZ doesn't exist anymore so apparently it's not the best

You missed the point. I'm not asking to have it changed. I'm asking if anyone has heard whether or not the Devs plan to make any changes. Big difference. I don't think for a moment the Devs will change anything to meet my preferences.

"Knowing that 1PP players are in the vast minority I understand that something like this isn't a priority for Devs, but I believe that thinking along these lines might make 3PP a better experience for everyone."

Kinda reads like you want to change 3PP......

Edited by Rowdy

Kinda reads like you want to change 3PP......

kinda reads that he's asking if the devs have mentioned any plans on making changes

I don't care about changing 3PP, I care about 1PP. It's clunky and frustatring when trying to interact with the environment. Want to look out a window? Too bad! Your head it a bit too high and you can't lower yourself, except for crouching, but then your head is under the windows.

Arma 3 fixed this but there's still nothing like it in DayZ. If you don't think this is a problem then you don't play in 1PP enough.

• Like 2

Classic DayZ is the best as opposed to what? A bunch of concepts and ideas that haven't been fully implemented yet of which no one has ever seen or experienced before? 

I don't care about changing 3PP, I care about 1PP. It's clunky and frustatring when trying to interact with the environment. Want to look out a window? Too bad! Your head it a bit too high and you can't lower yourself, except for crouching, but then your head is under the windows.

Arma 3 fixed this but there's still nothing like it in DayZ. If you don't think this is a problem then you don't play in 1PP enough.

This definitely is a problem. But the solution certainly isn't a magic floating camera to allow you to look through the window while you hide behind the wall.

It is a problem and it's obvious too - like sitting in vehicles where your sat too high and can only look down through them - just sit in the VS3 and turn your head to the window closest you - you eyes are level with the top and it was like that, infuriatingly in Arma 2. Why are the windows so frikken high, or so frikken low??? LOL it's like the devs said, yep, that's just how we want them so you can see out of them.

They have a stance system in A3 they need to stick in DayZ. When Zombies get introduced we're going to need to just peek over things - right now you crouch and then to look over, you stand right up straight like a dork.

Just lowering the camera angle to an over-the-shoulder view would be a good step. This eliminates peeking over walls, which seems to be the major gripe with 3PP.

It's only a shame that the fifty player private shard servers all seem to be 3PP...I never play in Private shards because of server hoppers ruining the gameplay. But I prefer 1PP...I just can't have everything, I suppose. 

...oh, well. 

I think you confused private and public. There is no server hopping on private shards

Just play in 1pp on 3pp servers like I have been lately. I also got bored with empty 1pp servers, so I recently made the switch to easy-core servers. It's amazing how bad 3pp players are. The camera is 8 feet off the ground so everyone sprints around like they're that tall. If you just slow down and creep a little, you can use their perspective against them.

There are several 1pp private servers that are pretty darn full most of the time

-[uN/ZAP] I think UN and ZAP have recently split but they have all 1pp servers and are usually full most of the day. Also they have some white listed

-/r/ dayz underground, a single private shard that has been maxing out lately. Good fun on that one

-Victory gamerz  (I think that is how it is spelled)

-Oldschool Dayz  , another white listed server oldschooldayz.net, a GB server so if you are on the other side of the pond I would suggest this one

They are out there and I think it is getting more popular

Just lowering the camera angle to an over-the-shoulder view would be a good step. This eliminates peeking over walls, which seems to be the major gripe with 3PP.

What I would consider a good first step and a stop gap until a more elegant solution to fixing the peeking is found

It is a problem and it's obvious too - like sitting in vehicles where your sat too high and can only look down through them - just sit in the VS3 and turn your head to the window closest you - you eyes are level with the top and it was like that, infuriatingly in Arma 2. Why are the windows so frikken high, or so frikken low??? LOL it's like the devs said, yep, that's just how we want them so you can see out of them.

They have a stance system in A3 they need to stick in DayZ. When Zombies get introduced we're going to need to just peek over things - right now you crouch and then to look over, you stand right up straight like a dork.

It is almost like the game was created with the 3rd person mode being the default...

As a long time 1pp player, that's what I've always said.

The fix to low 1pp populations isn't to break 3pp, but to fix 1pp.

It is almost like the game was created with the 3rd person mode being the default...

No, it's exactly like the devs didn't fucking check their work. The arma series are great but fuck me if they don't have some lazy ass design in their games that's fucking irritating to the nth. They still use that shitty ass scroll menu for instance! How about a dial menu instead like in RO or Insurgency?

No, it's exactly like the devs didn't fucking check their work. The arma series are great but fuck me if they don't have some lazy ass design in their games that's fucking irritating to the nth. They still use that shitty ass scroll menu for instance! How about a dial menu instead like in RO or Insurgency?

It's called a rose and is a Battlefield invention that was adopted by different developers.

The two examples you give are closely related, the lead of Insurgency was one of the original Devs of TWI.

The scroll wheel is a lot faster to use in practice although many disagree since discovering the BF method..

Pipe down with the insults please.