Sign in to follow this  
raigprime

Any plans for 3PP immersion?

hopefully not. Cant stand 1st person in this game. They arent going to change something to cater to the few of you. I dont understand why these threads are constantly being made over and over again. 

Read the initial post. It was a question, not a suggestion and if you can't answer the question... why post anything in this thread? Are you being helpful? Or are you frustrated by something that you see and consequently feel an overwhelming need to address it by posting here? Oh wait... that might be the answer to "I dont understand why these threads are constantly being made over and over again."  Maybe that's why these threads keep popping up (and, in this case getting hijacked). I.e. for the same reason you feel compelled to respond to them.

You'll be happy to note that no one else was really able to answer my question so I believe 3PP peeking and the ensuing scrub play and the unfortunate lack of immersion one might otherwise expect from an apocalypse, survival SIM.... *deep breath*... is safe and sound. Happy peeking.

Have a good day anyway.

DayZ is supposed to be a fairly realistic and immersive zombie apocalypse survival experience. It is not a player's choice to have DayZ as something else. You don't spawn with full gear. There ain't 500 vehicles. Cheats are not allowed. 3PP belongs to the category of things that simply do not belong to DayZ, regardless of what casuals say. Surely we understand the devs, money > else, as supposedly there would be a lot of dissatisfaction with 3PP removal from DayZ. Casuals make the majority, after all.

I understand excuses such as clunky movement, camera position or motion sickness. Wanting to see one's character is a ridiculous excuse. Seeing yourself from behind does not add to realism and immersion, which is what the game seeks. Not even talking about corner peeking, which is essentially a legitimate cheat.

As bad as it sounds, certain things should be enforced on people, restriction to 1PP being one of them. Otherwise why not add spaceships and other shit which casuals find fun, completely ruining the DayZ we know.

No matter how you look at it, 3PP is a feature that does not fit DayZ regardless if people like to exploit it or not.

• Like 5

DayZ is supposed to be a fairly realistic and immersive zombie apocalypse survival experience. It is not a player's choice to have DayZ as something else. You don't spawn with full gear. There ain't 500 vehicles. Cheats are not allowed. 3PP belongs to the category of things that simply do not belong to DayZ, regardless of what casuals say. Surely we understand the devs, money > else, as supposedly there would be a lot of dissatisfaction with 3PP removal from DayZ. Casuals make the majority, after all.

I understand excuses such as clunky movement, camera position or motion sickness. Wanting to see one's character is a ridiculous excuse. Seeing yourself from behind does not add to realism and immersion, which is what the game seeks. Not even talking about corner peeking, which is essentially a legitimate cheat.

As bad as it sounds, certain things should be enforced on people, restriction to 1PP being one of them. Otherwise why not add spaceships and other shit which casuals find fun, completely ruining the DayZ we know.

No matter how you look at it, 3PP is a feature that does not fit DayZ regardless if people like to exploit it or not.

I totally agree. You have my beans and this is the truth!

People only rationalize the "wanting to see the character" reason when in reality they just want to be able to look behind walls.

I will continue to hide behind walls, wait for someone to come running and then surprise pop out and kill them, until 3pp is removed.

Edited by IgnobleBasterd

I understand excuses such as clunky movement, camera position or motion sickness.

All excuses. There aren't that many people suffering motion sickness and there's a FOV slider to alleviate that anyway which widens your view further than most other games on PC and all game son Console so let's scrub this excuse off the list.

Next one to go - camera position - what, you mean it's on your head? We all have the same so that's another excuse we can get rid of.

Clunky movement - learn to play. No, seriously. You can get away with Clunky movement in the beginning but play it enough and it should be ok - unless these people are saying they can't figure out how to move in which case they should learn to play. Plenty of people move perfectly fine in the game. That's excuse 3 scrubbed :)

3PP belongs to the category of things that simply do not belong to DayZ, regardless of what casuals say.

I've been a casual since 2001, but no matter how you twist and turn it.

3rd person has always belonged to Operation Flashpoint.

3rd person has always belonged to ArmA, ArmA 2, ArmA 3, the DayZ mod and yes also DayZ.

Edited by Dallas

3rd person has always belonged to ArmA, ArmA 2, ArmA 3, the DayZ mod and yes also DayZ.

The 3rd person implementation from Operation Flashpoint to dayz has not changed.

I find it alarming that the poorly incorporated third person view from 2001 is still around in 2015.

Hopefully Bohemia as a company looks at it and finally brings it to 2015 standards to the benefit of gameplay.

• Like 2

rust is not dayz... dayz is not rust

DayZ and rust are cousins. DayZ should follow in cousin Rust's footsteps.

3rd person has always belonged to Operation Flashpoint because it is a way to make group control/tactics easier. DayZ is not Operation Flashpoint. 3rd person does not belong in DayZ.

Edited by IgnobleBasterd

Virtually every FPS I play is in 1PP. I even play H1Z1 in 1PP mode. The difference? In H1Z1 I get a stable > 60 (normally 120) fps. In DayZ I get an unstable 10-50 FPS. These low, jittery FPS numbers make a 1PP gaming session extremely uncomfortable. The DayZ engine just sucks for first-person (currently).

DayZ and rust are cousins. DayZ should follow in cousin Rust's footsteps.

3rd person has always belonged to Operation Flashpoint because it is a way to make group control/tactics easier. DayZ is not Operation Flashpoint. 3rd person does not belong in DayZ.

Yes and until we get to control groups of AI, it should remain out of the game ;)

To those people championing for 3pp removal. If 3PP was removed, me and most of the players that play on 3PP servers would quit the game. Maybe not if it was just tweaked.

But whatever, to you we're all just a bunch of 10 year old COD noobs, and everyone who plays 1PP is a hardcore survivalist who are all the only real "Men" in the apocalypse. Because it's the only right way to play....

Yeah, if you want empty servers and a dead fan base, be my guest.

I'm not against it bring tweaked, but removal would certainly be negative for the game.

EDIT: lol, yeah 3pp is definitely in the same category as spaceships and hacks.

Edited by Heatofbattle

To those people championing for 3pp removal. If 3PP was removed, me and most of the players that play on 3PP servers would quit the game. Maybe not if it was just tweaked.

But whatever, to you we're all just a bunch of 10 year old COD noobs, and everyone who plays 1PP is a hardcore survivalist who are all the only real "Men" in the apocalypse. Because it's the only right way to play....

I'm not against it bring tweaked, but removal would certainly be negative for the game.

Doubtful. If anything it'll bring more people back and make a better community here.
  • Like 1

To those people championing for 3pp removal. If 3PP was removed, me and most of the players that play on 3PP servers would quit the game.

No you wouldn't ;)

Doubtful. If anything it'll bring more people back and make a better community here.

I hear it's working out for Rust :)

No you wouldn't ;)

Where did you get that information? Last I saw I wrote that I would. So are you somehow in control of my actions?

Not that I care, since it's not going to be removed. The cries of a few Elitists won't change anything. Server populations tell the truth. :D

Edited by Heatofbattle

Where did you get that information? Last I saw I wrote that I would. So are you somehow in control of my actions?

LOL no I just think you're lying to yourself or you don't play any other First Person Shooters?

Lol, Dayz is not a FPS, it's a survival game. It has shooter mechanics, but at heart it's a survival game. I guess that shows what you think Dayz is lol. Again, the devswon't remove it, so this conversation is pointless xD.

But we may as well continue the rage war.

Not that I care, since it's not going to be removed. The cries of a few Elitists won't change anything. Server populations tell the truth. :D

Please, explain how removal of 3pp and turning DayZ in to a first person survival game elitist? Oh, I get it, the wall peekin. My bad.

Lol, Dayz is not a FPS, it's a survival game. It has shooter mechanics, but at heart it's a survival game. I guess that shows what you think Dayz is lol. Again, the devswon't remove it, so this conversation is pointless xD.

But we may as well continue the rage war.

I don't see how survival =/= first person.

I hear it's working out for Rust :)

The public reception for removal of third person view in Rust has been overwhelmingly positive.

Those who did not like it at first are coming around same thing would theoretically happen in Dayz.

• Like 3

EDIT: lol, yeah 3pp is definitely in the same category as spaceships and hacks.

Good riddance. You're not 10 year old COD noobs, you're casuals. Serious DayZ players won't miss you. 1PP isn't the right way to play just because I said so. 1PP is the right way to play because it's what the game is designed for: survival realism and immersion. 3PP detracts from that to the point where people start to question the devs' decision to keep it in. Just because it's in the game, it doesn't mean it should be. But then you're a casual. I can't expect you to actually look at the game at least slightly seriously.

Edited by Powerhouse
  • Like 3