Zarniwoop

SurvivorGameZV build for private servers?

I just finished watching the vod (again) of the 5th installment of that holly epic event that is the Survivor GameZ. Since Hicks and some other members of the dev team worked hard to make the awesome build of DayZ to accomodate the GameZ it'd be really fitting if they also released it to private shard servers available to the admins to select.

It could work like a separate hive that could be selected, so that normal characters can be kept. Player spectate would only work in this mode, so as not to be exploited by server admins in normal play. It could also only work when the whitelisting system is enabled via BEC so as not to bog down the server with yet more connection requests when the round has already begun. 

These would be awesome for communities running whitelisted private shard servers. Of course I'm not sure if anything like this is possible, just throwing the idea out there. On the other hand I'm not quite sure how a Battle Royale-esque "game-mode" would impact server performance, taking into mind that more loot is required (?) so that play can be viable in a smaller area, though loot in the unused areas could be removed completely. I'm also not sure how it'd impact player "mindset" since many would wander off to that quicker "flick" of adrenaline. That could also be good in some cases though. 

What do you think?

PS: I may have just opened Pandora's Box... Not very fond of the whole game-mode thing myself *cough* H1Z1 *cough*

Edited by Zarniwoop

It cannot be released for obvious reasons: It is a massive cheating tool if not used the way its designed for... What would be nice is those tools but as a replay function like it was in Battlefield 2 back in the days.

• Like 1

Well they're developing DayZ and not SurvivorGameZ style gameplay first so there's really no reason to release this public. DayZ is what they should iron out enough so there's the core game they can focus.

But it was cool to see that some kind of a modding is possible in DayZ already if they just open up things a bit. Likely there wasn't much anti-cheating running in that event for obivious reasons.

• Like 1