Blanketparty

Hanging people

collect enough rope to tie the persons hands and have enough leftover to craft a long enough rope to sling a tree branch. Once the noose is on the branch the tied up victim walks near the noose and his hands being tied activates the noose to wrap around his neck. (this may be problematic considering there is no guiding mechanic for subdued players) From that point you or one of your buddy's is on the other end of the rope, pulling it until you have enough slack to tie it around the shaft of the tree. At this point the victim should be lifted off the ground watching you all gesture him a fond farewell. Or maybe you could execute him after you secure the rope around his neck and just hang his lifeless body as a warning.

Steps :

1. Collect 3 rope (1 to tie hands, 2 for noose)

2. Sling suitable tree with newly crafted noose

3. Guide subdued player to noose (implying they add a guiding mechanic)

4. Grab other end of rope/walk backwards

5. Tie off the slack on the shaft of the tree OR add option to use a stake in the ground

Edited by Blanketparty
  • Like 4

That escalated quickly.

I dont think i would like doing this to people...but zombies would be great! should take 3 pieces of rope.

Then some one cries " thats racist " and its removed from the game. In all reality though, some one isn't gonna hang around ( no pun intended ) and wait for this to happen, they'll just log out, hell, they're dead any way.

Then some one cries " thats racist " and its removed from the game. In all reality though, some one isn't gonna hang around ( no pun intended ) and wait for this to happen, they'll just log out, hell, they're dead any way.

How's that racist in the slightest ? Honestly I believe you just made it racist unintentionally . Anyways I don't agree that just becuase people will just log it shouldn't be considered. The

Same is true for firefights, and I've executed plenty of people when they knew they would die. Some even

Stayed long enough for me to reload my gun to put it to the back of there head.

Adding it will add more to the role playing side of things and would be damn cool to witness imo.

• Like 1

I for one like the idea, is it needed? No. But do I like it, yes.

There's a lot of things that aren't "needed" in dayz standalone. Lmao

I feel as if you're fishing for an argument that has no real case.

Even the amendment says clear as day that it is a display of a noose in public to intimidate a specific race.

Not only does this have nothing to do with Dayz, but it also means that

THIS LAW ONLY PERTAINS TO REAL LIFE. I mean c'mon bro I didn't even doubt if it was a real law or not and YOU

just replied with a link as if I did.

Edited by Blanketparty
  • Like 1

Have you ever been on YouTube watching stuff like "public hanging in Iran"? That's pure evil sadistic superbullshit.

• Like 2

Assumes american law applies to the whole world. *sigh*.

Where the base amount of player live

I feel as if you're fishing for an argument that has no real case.

Even the amendment says clear as day that it is a display of a noose in public to intimidate a specific race.

Not only does this have nothing to do with Dayz, but it also means that

THIS LAW ONLY PERTAINS TO REAL LIFE. I mean c'mon bro I didn't even doubt if it was a real law or not and YOU

just replied with a link as if I did.

And if you don't think for a second Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpten wouldn't jump on it, the moment one african american player model got hung from a tree, crying racism, you lead one sheltered life.

• Like 1

Where the base amount of player live

And if you don't think for a second Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpten wouldn't jump on it, the moment one african american player model got hung from a tree, crying racism, you lead one sheltered life.

This " I'm right , you're wrong " attitude is not catering to your case whatsoever. Your claim us bogus and you fail to understand that everything you've stated is conjecture. Not only are you making yourself look overzealous, you're also insulting me because all you give are assumptions.

Not contributing to either side of the argument.  Hanging yourself should be an option, imo.  Plenty of times I've had a rope but no way of killing myself, and always thought, I wish my character could hang himself.  I say this because I would assume in the future, if you fall of a bridge rail, it wouldn't kill you.  Falling from the top of the bridge rail to the bottom on common bridges, I would either break a leg or stumble my way out slightly injured..

Edited by HoneyB-John

This " I'm right , you're wrong " attitude is not catering to your case whatsoever. Your claim us bogus and you fail to understand that everything you've stated is conjecture. Not only are you making yourself look overzealous, you're also insulting me because all you give are assumptions.

I think its a great idea, i would really enjoy hanging the jesus out of someone, but the creeper is right. Its a molehill waiting to be made into a mountain. 

• Like 1

I think its a great idea, i would really enjoy hanging the jesus out of someone, but the creeper is right. Its a molehill waiting to be made into a mountain.

I mean even if it did become an issue, which is highly unlikely. I can garuntee there won't be much for them to go off of considering the idea of the game and also games having the creative freedom to do as they please.

• Like 1

I know what I'm talking about, I've seen it, no assumptions, old neighborhood in florida, guys yard get stormed on halloween because he had a noose hanging from a tree with a mummy on it ( didn't know mummy was a race ), the crowd screaming racism and tore it down.

Now who has the " I'm right, you're wrong " attitude?

• Like 1

I know what I'm talking about, I've seen it, no assumptions, old neighborhood in florida, guys yard get stormed on halloween because he had a noose hanging from a tree with a mummy on it ( didn't know mummy was a race ), the crowd screaming racism and tore it down.

Now who has the " I'm right, you're wrong " attitude?

That's the thing though. Thats a real life example and completely understandable. Also it doesn't have to be a race according to that law you just posted. It just has to be implied or seemingly intentional on there part. Edited by Blanketparty

That's the thing though. Thats a real life example and completely understandable. Also it doesn't have to be a race according to that law you just posted. It just has to be implied or seemingly intentional on there part.

And that IS my point, if the stimuli is there, the hanging, it only takes one person getting offended, or one kid saying something horribly racist, and its a powder keg.

Words have power, actions, more so, be it real life or a game, case and point, the public outcry on games like Postal, GTA, hell, even Custer's Revenge for the 2600, if people even perceive a reason to be offended, thats the one match you need.

And that IS my point, if the stimuli is there, the hanging, it only takes one person getting offended, or one kid saying something horribly racist, and its a powder keg.

Words have power, actions, more so, be it real life or a game, case and point, the public outcry on games like Postal, GTA, hell, even Custer's Revenge for the 2600, if people even perceive a reason to be offended, thats the one match you need.

Like I said overzealous

Like I said overzealous

Maybe because I've seen it first hand, and yes, I'm bringing my real life experiences into this again, because behind every key board is a real person. I've made my point, if people agree or disagree with me, thats fine, thats why the forums exist.

Maybe because I've seen it first hand, and yes, I'm bringing my real life experiences into this again, because behind every key board is a real person. I've made my point, if people agree or disagree with me, thats fine, thats why the forums exist.

I respect that wholeheartedly.

• Like 2

You guys should just agree to disagree

• Like 1

You guys should just agree to disagree

I think we did.

Move along, nothing to see here :P

Edited by TheCreeper
  • Like 1