Sign in to follow this  
mjf6866

on peristent servers, do guns and backpacks you hide (not in a tent), stay?

just what the subject asks....

for example, i leave my backpack fully loaded or a rifle sitting next to a tree in the woods, the server resets...does that stuff stay or is it only if its in a tent on a persistent server?

thanks

All items dropped should persist through restarts(in theory) for a little while anyway, not exactly sure how long or how many restarts. If the items are in a tent they should remain pretty much permanently.

I know last patch I dropped a backpack and it lasted at least a couple of days. After that it either disappeared or was stolen, I dunno which.

Persistence has a few new problems with the last patch. Things don't seem to be working properly. I'll see how it goes on my server and post the progress here and on the bug-tracker.

I left a gun in a dry bag that I hid in a bush yesterday.  It was still there when I was able to make it back to that spot this morning.  There was probably at least 3 or 4 restarts between the time I dropped it and the time I came back.  Seems to work.

just to update the thread in case anyone was wondering...i was able to test it last night too after a few restarts on the same server.  my stash was still there each time!

i'm just starting to use this persistence thing to me and my group's advantage!  really would like to find a military tent now....