-Greenie-

Tried everything, NO LAUNCH

Un-installed, reg cleaned ALL Steam items and games and document files. Restarted machine. Re-downloaded steam and DayZ, it installed Direct-X  etc fresh itself.

No launch.  Admin rights set everywhere.

Click DayZ start from steam..no action at all.

Click DayZ.exe in folder = (0xc000007b) Unable to start error

Click DayZ_BE.exe in folder = (0xc000007b) Unable to start error

DayZ team..Is this a BE issue or a DayZ game issue?

1268hrs game play and no issue on DayZ SA

Help soon appreciated

Cheers

Greenie

+++++++

Dependecy Walker report:

Update: Error opening file, system could not find file

API-MS-WIN-CORE-KERNEL32-PRIVATE-L1-1-1.DLL
API-MS-WIN-CORE-PRIVATEPROFILE-L1-1-1.DLL
API-MS-WIN-SERVICE-PRIVATE-L1-1-1.DLL
API-MS-WIN-CORE-SHUTDOWN-L1-1-1.DLL
EXT-MS-WIN-NTUSER-UICONTEXT-EXT-L1-1-0.DLL
IESHIMS.DLL

Error: At least one required implicit or forwarded dependency was not found.
Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.
Edited by Greenie

I think this is an issue with battleye. Uninstall battleye and detele all BE folders (sorry, couldn't tell you where they all are, 4 in total I think). Then verify the game files in steam, BE installs, join the game and hopefully it works. 

It might be your firewall/AV interfering with BE and not even telling you about it. 

anyway

http://battleye.com/support.html

support[at]battleye.com

I'm sure he can give you detailed instructions for what to do.

I think this is an issue with battleye. Uninstall battleye and detele all BE folders (sorry, couldn't tell you where they all are, 4 in total I think). Then verify the game files in steam, BE installs, join the game and hopefully it works. 

It might be your firewall/AV interfering with BE and not even telling you about it. 

anyway

http://battleye.com/support.html

support[at]battleye.com

I'm sure he can give you detailed instructions for what to do.

Not sure that is correct... The Windows error points to:

Faulting application name: DayZ.exe, version: 0.53.126.384, time stamp: 0x54cf7e9b
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17476, time stamp: 0x54516af9
Exception code: 0xc000007b
Fault offset: 0x000a36e5
Faulting process ID: 0xc24
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0410f8054b9a0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\DayZ.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID: beafa815-ad02-11e4-8081-74d02b813787
Faulting package full name: 

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Edited by Greenie

I did some googling on the issue, the error appears in many different applications and seems to be a problem with the Visual C++ Redistributable.

Opinions on how to fix it are many and varied, but I don't feel confident giving advice on it. Try googling the error code and you will find different suggestions.

Edited by Max Planck

I have the exact same issue as you Greenie. If you get somewhere with this please update this thread as will I.

Edited by IAmGreiG

I just fixed my install, looking into what Max said above.

I installed both x64 and x86 vcredist files and it now launches . The files are in \Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2013

See if that helps you

Thank you Max for the pointer.

Edited by IAmGreiG

Same issue! I've tried everything what I found on the web, but nothing worked... I've re-installed the game 4 times... I'll try this vcredist uninstall-reinstall, but I already tried it...

1hr later:-Ahh just redownload the game, than install the vcredists and the directx from the game's directory and it fixed for me! thanks for help guys!

Edited by clipex

Thanx IAmGreiG worked...went into directx and vcredist folders and just ran the setup progs in there again..instant fix.

Cheers mate

Greenie

Savage Lands

OK now it works, but i needed to install both vcredist from both folders 2010 and 2013.

Thank for your support.

I did some googling on the issue, the error appears in many different applications and seems to be a problem with the Visual C++ Redistributable.

Opinions on how to fix it are many and varied, but I don't feel confident giving advice on it. Try googling the error code and you will find different suggestions.

Thats exactly the problem. I accidentally deleted those visual files when i was trying to find useless stuff i had on my pc to make the game run faster and to get it to stop lagging so badly, and I then tried open the game again and it wouldn't launch. Iwent to the forums for dayz on steam and nobody knew what causes it not to launch and i came upon this thread. Thank you so much!

I'm still experiencing this issue even though I re-installed directx and vcredist. 

EDIT: 

I've tried everything from uninstalling the game completely and re-installing, verifying game files, deleting the DayZ folder in Documents, deleting Dayz folder in AppData\Local, removing launch parameters, turning off firewall and anti-virus. I've run out of ideas...

Are there any other options that I'm missing?

Edited by sic

I got the ultimate solution for you guys, since I was suffering exactly the same problem with "0xc00007b". B)

It was the ONLY ONE that worked for me.

First, you need to download "Dependency Walker", 32 Bit Version (x86).
You can get it here: *************REMOVED**************
Install it, start it and select DayZ.exe as target (...\Steam\SteamApps\common\DayZ\DayZ.exe).
Then, you will have a list of .dlls shared/needed for the .exe in order to run the game, if those aren't there/in the right version - the game will crash (application error).

Therefore, you will have a list that shows up which .dlls are missing or in the "wrong" version, since DayZ works only as 32 bit version ;)

You will have to download every .dll that is x64 in red or missing .dlls that are shown with yellow question mark as a 32 Bit version from *** Removed ***!
After downloading, put those .dlls into System32 (...\Windows\System32) and SysWOW64 (...\Windows\SysWOW64) and override old ones.

Test your game now, it should work! :thumbsup:

I hope I could have been a help for you, guys.

Good Luck.

Regards,
Darker

Edited by Boneboys

Do not download dll files from the web. Never.

Unless, of course, you know 100% what you're doing and even then there's the chance that those'll get you banned.

Fairly old thread anyway, as OP's question has been taken care off. Locked.

• Like 1