SmashT

Stable Branch - 0.53 Discussion

Ok, i thought I'd compile a small list of things I don't believe are spawning- Anyone care to confirm or debunk?

Sunglasses 

Ammo Cans

SIlencers

PS01 Scope

7.62x51 Snap Loaders

7.62x51 Stripper Clip

P1 Mag

Amphibia Mag

CQB Stock

Also, I've notice a resurgence of a bug that causes loot to disappear when swapped with an item in your inventory.  Happened to me both in a house and outside on the ground.  Once with a med kit and once with a gun. Anyone seen this? I'd bug report, but its already in there 1000+ times.

i have found PSO1 in a barracks, also a P1 and the amphibian mags in officer tents, same place had a 7.62x51 five round clip for the mosin and a 7.62x39 stripper around pick up trucks in junk yards.

Well, I was finally planning to get stones for a fireplace and wanted to get them from rocks, and my pickaxe was ruined after mining four stones, that seemed quite annoying...

The stones you need for an oven are small stones, not regular-sized ones. Small stones are gathered by looking at the ground somewhere that doesn't have grass/pavement/etc. (like the beach for example), scroll your mouse wheel, and it should give you an option to "Search for stones". It isn't always successful, so it can take a few attempts to get one. It's a very quick process though, and you only need a stack of 8 of them. That stack of 8 will also only take up 1 inventory slot.
  • Like 1

I saw the short mp shotgun finaly fits into a backpack..so i searched for a hunting backpack ...couldnt find one in 3 hrs :/ They're still here, right?

Yes hunting backpacks are spawning still. They can be found in towns. Ive found them in warehouses (big buildings with sliding front doors).

I saw the short mp shotgun finaly fits into a backpack..so i searched for a hunting backpack ...couldnt find one in 3 hrs :/ They're still here, right?

Yes hunting backpacks are spawning still. They can be found in towns. Ive found them in warehouses (big buildings with sliding front doors).

They also still spawn in military areas, and seem to appear at the same rate as they have for quite a while. I would be mad if I spent 3 hours looking and couldn't find one, that's terrible luck :p

They also still spawn in military areas, and seem to appear at the same rate as they have for quite a while. I would be mad if I spent 3 hours looking and couldn't find one, that's terrible luck

Dayz, as it should be :D

I could just kill a boar for a leather backpack to get 5 slots. Its my fav. But no, I had this wild idea of getting that huge hoardhunter backpack for a change.

Shouldnt be a problem right? Prison island->komarovo->balota->chapa prison(server restart)->balota->pavlovo->zeleno(LOOTGASMOMGOMGOMG)->green mountain->NWEAF

I was sorting out the zeleno loot for some 20 minutes to get to the bottom of it.Ended up with everything but the damn backpack.Thats why i had to ask.

Today i logged back in, kid you not,got it in a 2nd tent in mil base @NWEAF. Good thing i dont need it anymore. 

bast*rd game, y u do this to me <3

Edited by halp
  • Like 1

Hey guys. I have a question.
Today I had the choice to take a Binocular or a Long Range Scope with me.
I remembered me (or thought) they had the same zoom factor when the bino came into the game, but now they are very different as you can see on the screen.

9cnu9wce.jpg

When did the devs changed it? I hadn't recognised it. Was it long ago?

For me, it's a good decision. I like it :)

Edited by xCAPx

I remembered me (or thought) they had the same zoom factor when the bino came into the game, but now they are very different as you can see on the screen.

SNIIIIIP

Don't forget that you can zoom in with the LRS, not with the binos. At a certain distance higher zoom also is a bad tradeoff for actually spotting ppl or having ridiculous tunnel vision, at least in my opinion.

Edited by bautschi

9cnu9wce.jpg

What about changing FOV? I remember if you lowered it, you could zoom in more with the Long range scope, don't know if that works with binoculars though.

Anybody have more details as to what exactly was upgraded on the HIVE today during the maintenance period? 

Saw the repost from Eugen here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/220817-twitter-eugen-stable-maintenance-is-going-to-be-longer-than-3-hours-hive-is-undergoing-upgrade/#entry2218731and got me wondering..... 

Anybody have more details as to what exactly was upgraded on the HIVE today during the maintenance period? 

Saw the repost from Eugen here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/220817-twitter-eugen-stable-maintenance-is-going-to-be-longer-than-3-hours-hive-is-undergoing-upgrade/#entry2218731and got me wondering..... 

I can tell you that it was software, not hardware, but I don't think any specifics have been given.

Holding out hope :)

What about now, Tatanko? Still holding out hope? I'm basing my expectations on whatever you're feeling. Let me know soon, please. Thanks!

What about now, Tatanko? Still holding out hope? I'm basing my expectations on whatever you're feeling. Let me know soon, please. Thanks!

The client update is out for download, so I'm feeling pretty good  ;) 

Servers will be up "late night":

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 3

The client update is out for download, so I'm feeling pretty good  ;)

Servers will be up "late night":

Thanks, friend.

• Like 1

SO I'm hoping for around midnight tonight EST, regardless .54 is going to be great, thanks for the great work devs !

• Like 1

SO I'm hoping for around midnight tonight EST, regardless .54 is going to be great, thanks for the great work devs !

I'm okay with it because I'm stuck with commitments for the next two hours  :P After that I'm bound to get impatient, though.

The download is available but the game just freezes when I actually click "Connect" on an experimental server.

Menus are all new though. NOT the final product from what I understand.

The download is available but the game just freezes when I actually click "Connect" on an experimental server.

Menus are all new though. NOT the final product from what I understand.

Servers aren't ready yet. Not sure why it would freeze, but either way you'll need to give it a few hours yet.

As long as they are making progress I'm happy :) this games already my go to gal , approaching 1,500 hours and for me that's a lot to put in an alpha ... I'm mostly excited about new v3s's, persistence working fully, more robust ai, better ragdoll and almost all that's coming with the .54 branch :) .

Let us all kumbayah and wait for .54 exp. release.

As long as they are making progress I'm happy :) this games already my go to gal , approaching 1,500 hours and for me that's a lot to put in an alpha ... I'm mostly excited about new v3s's, persistence working fully, more robust ai, better ragdoll and almost all that's coming with the .54 branch :) .

Let us all kumbayah and wait for .54 exp. release.

Hate to burst your bubble, but it doesn't look like the new variant will be in this build of Experimental :( It may make it into a later build, though. This is according to DayZTV though, who never reveal their sources and therefore it's impossible to verify until the game is actually playable.

Hate to burst your bubble, but it doesn't look like the new variant will be in this build of Experimental :( It may make it into a later build, though. This is according to DayZTV though, who never reveal their sources and therefore it's impossible to verify until the game is actually playable.

Thats ok, im just glad to see it come in .54 in general, i've never had much interest in the truck as it couldn't carry both of my friends at once... I'm happy to see this  .54 is going to be a thick, detailed beast, with many parts, but after it all rolls out to stable we'll all be happy campers =) .

Hello guys!

Long time not written. Is it the thread for 0.53 or 0.54 here? I dropped in after a long time of abstinence, tried some other games, and I really appreciate some additions. Although it seems a little bit more sluggish than before, it is still fun. I especially like the flare gun. The illuminated Berezino by night is awesome.

This is Stable Branch - 0.53 Discussion

you will find exp 0.54 discussion thread in Exp. Branch forums.

//////////

I noticed logging out whilst in truck will not teleport you to the last known on-foot location (or maybe that bug only appears when server restarts by itself?).

Too bad, because i was counting on that. Now im in the NW corner instead of stary jar :D

I also spotted quite a few BUNNIES. I missed those lil creatures <3

I couldn't kill a cow with arrows (well, i gave up after 10 shots), how many does it take to put one down? Arrows made an impact sound but the cow refused to go down.

I understand why we dont have an option to craft leather backpack with pelt+ guts, but i really hope they will allow me to use guts with burlap sack for impro backpack.

Really tempted to update to 0.54 but im afraid ill spend more time in server list than in actual game; servers tend to crash often and it's really hard to get a free spot.

Someone tell me this isn't the case in 0.54 :)

Edited by halp